MERGED: Jeff Ireland interview, "killed it". | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Jeff Ireland interview, "killed it".

Ireland has always been a good evaluater of talent, look at the Cowboys drafts where he was involved.

The Dolphins problem at QB is that the franchise has not been stable and has never been any good at developing QB talent.

They have not been patient enough. If Henne were drafted by another team he would probably have developed into a much better passer, just like if Aaron Rodgers or Eli Manning had been drafted by the Dolphins I'm positive that they both would have failed and be on their second teams by now.

We found great value with most of our picks, outside of the quarterback, unfortunately. I'm not a big fan of Oliver Vernon either, but I definitely think that Martin, Miller and Egnew will help a lot bot this year and going forward.
I really hope that I'm wrong about Tannehill, but I have never seen a very good NFL quarterback in him. At the end of the day though, fair or not, the percieved success of this entire draft class will hinge on the QB. Even if every other player drafted this year busts and Tannehill becomes a great player, we can be in contention for years to come. On the flip side, even if every other player drafted becomes a good to great player but Tannehill busts, we are still SOL until we find a QB. That's how important QB is in the NFL today... So again, I hope I'm wrong.

I saw an article today that said Brees and The Saints are very far apart on a deal...:lol:

But seriously, I'm with you. I don't see a lot in Tannehill. Hope I'm wrong.

I saw an article today that said Brees and The Saints are very far apart on a deal...:lol:

But seriously, I'm with you. I don't see a lot in Tannehill. Hope I'm wrong.

I was pretty upset that Fins reach for Tannehill but now I'm beginning to see why they did. Tannehill has all physical tools plus he is a student of the game. This guy may not be ready to start now but when he does, we will have a QB for years to come.

Listen, I really hope that you're right... As of now though, there are no set 2 safeties... When you go into the season with not 1, but 2 open slots at both safety positions, then thats a call for concern... That's all I'm saying. Potential and talent is there, no doubt, lets just hope it transends to the field.

I feel you, but what I'm saying they both have starting experience. 4th year for one and 3rd year for another. Let's hope it translates.

I absolutely love the Lamar Miller pick. That could go down as one of the best steals in draft history if he can stay healthy. He reminds me of a portis type back with downhill and lateral movement.

I know it's been a while since we've seen a real QB down here in Miami but give me a break. If you're still not sold on Tannehill I feel for you. Those Joey Harrington days really took your sole.

Back
Top Bottom