MERGED: Jeff Ireland interview, "killed it". | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Jeff Ireland interview, "killed it".

He really emphasizes "catching the ball" as the number one criteria for a Receiver and not speed or height or any physcial tool.
Probably made it easier to trade Marshall considering how many drops he had

The 2004 draft yielded Eli Manning (1), Phil Rivers (4), and Ben Roethlisberger (11). The idea that it cannot be done is absurd.
Nope you can't use 2004 because Big Ben was picked at number 11, and thus, not in the top ten and thusly even more, doesn't fit the point that 3 qbs in the top 10 have not been successful.

Getting back on track with the thread, Irealnd seems really confident in what he drafted and i believe it seems like he feels it was his best draft here. Hope he's not wrong, since i think he killed it as well :)

He really emphasizes "catching the ball" as the number one criteria for a Receiver and not speed or height or any physcial tool.
Probably made it easier to trade Marshall considering how many drops he had

pretty much this.

Ball placement thrown by the QB and a Recievers ability to make the catch trumps speed, seperatin and height... sure it doesn't hurt to have those three but it's not the end all be all.

look at Montana and Rice.

I've hammered Ireland hard, but he sounds on the ball here. Good for him. Hopefully he has grown and hopefully his board was right.

Nope you can't use 2004 because Big Ben was picked at number 11, and thus, not in the top ten and thusly even more, doesn't fit the point that 3 qbs in the top 10 have not been successful.

My we are splitting hairs, aren't we? Is 'thusly' really a word?

Ireland hasn't changed a god damn thing he has always sounded and acted this way, just a fan base that's tired of losing took all there frustrations out on him. Since he has taken full control, he now has manage two masterful drafts and one great Free Agent period. So the haters can keep on:up: hating and the so call homers that's been screaming how good Ireland truly is can continue to preach. :up:

I just found it hilarious to blame the past 30 years on a GM that's been in full control for just one year.

The operative word for any team's 2012 draft is "if", and that's especially true for the teams that picked QBs in the top ten. The chances of Luck, Griffin, AND Tannehill all becoming successful NFL QBs range between slim and none.
  • The last time a draft yielded 3 top ten picks was in 1999 when Tim Couch, Donovan McNabb, and Akili Smith came out. Only McNabb was successful.
  • Some drafts yield no successful QBs (2002, 2007).
  • Most drafts yield only one good/great starting QB, and frequently the best one doesn't come from the Top Ten or even from the first round (Brady 2000, Brees 2001, Rodgers 2005, Cutler 2006).
  • Only a few drafts yield two decent/good/great starters (2000, 2001, 2005, 2008).
  • The last draft to yield 3 or more good/great starting QBs was 2004 when E Manning, Rivers, Roethlisberger, and Schaub (3rd rounder) all came out.
  • The next-to-last draft to yield 3 or more good/great starting was 1983 with Elway, Kelly, Marino, and O'Brien.

When was the last draft which included the QB drafted staying with the same system, same OC, and same QB coach?? That alone projects to Tannehill being ahead of Luck and Griffin.

I have to admitt, this is one of the best drafts (on paper at least) we've had in years... The only suprise was the fact we drafted a RB (Miller) vs a CB or S... Miller was a great value in the 4th so I aint mad, and we can roll with Davis, Smith, Marshall, Carroll and Wilson at CB... as for Safety, we'll see what happens, I think that's the biggest weakness on our team right now, that and maybe our recieving core as a whole.

Clemons and Rashad has to potential to be one of better young safety tandem in the league. One is a big hitter that played well to finish out the season, and was a full time starter that played well in his second year. I'm going on record to call our secondary this year "The No Fly Zone". Alot of experience with athleticism and speed.

Clemons and Rashad has to potential to be one of better young safety tandem in the league. One is a big hitter that played well to finish out the season, and was a full time starter that played well in his second year. I'm going on record to call our secondary this year "The No Fly Zone". Alot of experience with athleticism and speed.

Listen, I really hope that you're right... As of now though, there are no set 2 safeties... When you go into the season with not 1, but 2 open slots at both safety positions, then thats a call for concern... That's all I'm saying. Potential and talent is there, no doubt, lets just hope it transends to the field.

Back
Top Bottom