merged:KC wants to give us a 4th for Surtain..wtf? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged:KC wants to give us a 4th for Surtain..wtf?

zuper_man said:
They can't. Their 3rd rounder is a comp pick which aren't tradeable. I say they end up with Ty Law and the Dolphins are 'stuck' with Surtain for 1 more year.

we could alwayz pull a san diego/giant trade......we decide who they draft and just immediately trade players

until another team steps forward & offers a third it's not ridiculous. This just starts the bidding. Kinda like a slow moving auction. The seller can always put a reserve on their item

THOMAS_54 said:
We still have the dumb GM that gave up a 2nd rounder for A.J. Feeley. I don't think they're dumb for offering a 4th rounder to us, I think they're smart (trying to fool Rick). Cause if we don't accept their offer, they can just simply sign Law or Dyson.

the problem with this is that the "dumb GM" no longer has the power to pull the trigger. saban has final say on all matters. so, if this deal is done, then saban is the man to blame.

yea, well why dont offer Priest for a guy that no1 else has shown interest in... If i was KC, Id lowball the dolphins to death, and Saban better not give in... He can swing a draft day trade to any1... especially a team that misses out on "the run for corners" in the draft such as the jets ( if the draft Heath Miller 1st) or another team... wait for the best offer and who cares if it comes within the division... we all know how the Patsies raped the bills on the Bledsoe trade!

If there's no offer of a 2nd rounder or higher, I say we keep Surtain and sign him to a long-term deal. These teams are banking on the fact that we can't afford Surtain and will lose him for nothing in return next year.

LarryFinFan said:
As has been mentioned, if we hold onto him this year, and cannot renegotiate a contract for next year and he is a FA...we would get a comp. pick, probably a 3rd rounder...so we will get something for him...

And what about the cap situation we're in this year??? How do you propose we sign our draft picks, especially the #2 overall with little to no room under the cap while Surtain is here. My point is......... I WISH we could keep Pat, and I WISH we'd get a 1st or 2nd rounder for him IF we did let him go, and it's gonna suck when he's gone, but Saban Might have to Cut Surtain loose one way or another to be able to bring other guys in

These bums must think wanny and spielman are still in charge! :mg:

Justasportsfan said:
that would be funny especially after the fins gave up a second for a 3rd string qb. You guys could've had Baas.

Good one - especially coming from someone who's team traded their 2nd and 5th last year and their 1st this year for JP Losman. As bad as Feeley for a 2nd is I'm not sure JP Losman for a 1, 2, and 5 is not down right hilarious!
:roflmao:

finsnchips said:
y would they do that??

it doesnt makes sense from our POV either. Saban wants to stockpile picks not move up.
What?...wouldn't you rather have a first than a 2nd and 3rd?

Ark139954 said:
What?...wouldn't you rather have a first than a 2nd and 3rd?

He is saying that you are not stockpiling picks by grabbing another first rounder. All that you are doing is taking a CHANCE at grabbing a higher caliber player. I believe he is banking on trying to grab 2 picks for Surtain vs. only getting one.

Stll a long way from the draft, I am sure Surtain will draw more interest between now and then and when KC sees we aren't going to fall for the 4th they will up their offer.

Back
Top Bottom