merged:KC wants to give us a 4th for Surtain..wtf? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged:KC wants to give us a 4th for Surtain..wtf?

Is Vermeil their GM or do they have another GM? Whoever offered this obviously doesn't have a clue about the corners in this league. A 4th... For Patrick Surtain... Argueably the best corner in the league... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

What Miami really needs is another legitimate team interested in PS....Washington or SD for example. I would be more than happy to trade PS to SD and let the Chiefs deal with Moss & Porter twice a year with the scrubs they currently have.

Oh wait...they might sign a one-legged Ty Law. That should do the trick! KC needs to get used to the top-half of the draft because that's where their gonna be picking until they get real serious about upgrading their defense!

DreamWeaver said:
What Miami really needs is another legitimate team interested in PS....Washington or SD for example. I would be more than happy to trade PS to SD and let the Chiefs deal with Moss & Porter twice a year with the scrubs they currently have.

Oh wait...they might sign a one-legged Ty Law. That should do the trick! KC needs to get used to the top-half of the draft because that's where their gonna be picking until they get real serious about upgrading their defense!

According to Warpaint (KC website, 1/2 way down), rumor has it SD is interested in Surtain.

http://chiefs.scout.com/2/363948.html

dolfanrodney said:
KC can kiss our teal and orange asses.

Teal? What team wears teal and orange?

I know the Dolphins wear aqua and coral, and that the Jags wear teal.

hehe

The official team colors are Aqua, Coral, Navy Blue, and white.

It amazes how proven probowl caliber players are undervalued. Surtain for a 4th rounder. Good luck on drafting probowler in the 4th rounder. The Edge and Shawn debate also shows that teams are not willing to give up high draft picks for proven backs. I know all these players have "miles" on their wheel but they can play ball and they can help you win. If not us some other team. It really is astonishing. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
I say KEEP Surtain....if KC wants him they need to do better than a 4th...NO THANKS!

I wouldn't read much into their offer....they just threw out a fourth to start negotiations. They go low, we go high...it's they way it works. If they really want him, then they'll pay more. We know it and they know it.

Roman529 said:
I say KEEP Surtain....if KC wants him they need to do better than a 4th...NO THANKS!

I don't think they have to do better than that. Vets nearing their 30's are seeing the pendulum swing toward younger less expensive talent.

Vets are now being shoved to the back of the line and being made to play for minimum with little or no signing bonuses and possible performance clauses.

Even the elite vets are not getting due consideration. It appears 24 - 26 is now the "magic" age of garnering the BIG contract. Teams want the relatively healthy young vet who has 3 or 4 years under his belt with a relatively injury free clean bill of health.

This is why the Todd Wade's and Morlon Greenwood's are getting huge pay days that appear to be bloated when compared to their talent.

This is the new age of free agency. It appears New England's philosophy is really changing how the league does business.

Why pay a 28/29yo vet $40-$50M for 5 years AND give a high round draft pick for compensation.... when you could simply wait for the market to dictate his future salary for much less AND his current salary to force him to be cut or traded for much less.

It's a buyer's market. Players are slowly losing their ability to dictate salaries to teams. Why pay 1 player $6M in one year when I can have 4 or 5 for the same price?

It's the modern NFL.

A fourth round pick for Surtain is a joke. No one in the right mind would accept that, it's an insult. I'd rather keep Surtain than just give him a way. Hopefully we don't give in to KC.

Back
Top Bottom