merged:KC wants to give us a 4th for Surtain..wtf? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged:KC wants to give us a 4th for Surtain..wtf?

but do you really think ty law will be the same player after the injury he had? They would be taking a huge risk by giving him a large contract. Ty Law may have been a better player than Surtain but that injury may make him not as good as a player as he was.

zuper_man said:
Oakland has just an inept defense as KC. The scores of those games will be up around 72-65. Does anybody here actually think Surtain can successfully cover Moss 1 on 1? I don't.
Nobody can cover Moss 1-on-1, but Surtain is the difference between Moss having 12 catches for 220 yards and 3 TDs and 5 catches for 95 yards and 1 TD.

Rhody Phins Fan said:
I bet theyll end up improving to a 3rd rounder.

They can't. Their 3rd rounder is a comp pick which aren't tradeable. I say they end up with Ty Law and the Dolphins are 'stuck' with Surtain for 1 more year.

shouright said:
This is the inevitable jockeying. But I'd maintain this as my approach to KC -- "you don't want to give up your #2? -- fine, let's see how you do with that inept defense and Randy Moss in the division."

I agree with you! Good Luck! Ty Law is a real big question mark and older too. He will want significant cash and how many years can he play at a high level?

Surtain isn't going for a fourth unless it is conditional that it move to a second by performance

GRT8 said:
I agree with you! Good Luck! Ty Law is a real big question mark and older too. He will want significant cash and how many years can he play at a high level?

Surtain isn't going for a fourth unless it is conditional that it move to a second by performance

I think basing a conditional pick for a CB may be diffucult. How do you judge the performance. A 'shutdown' corner often gets little INTS or tackles because the play rarely goes to that side of the field. So it would have to be based on playing time I guess.

zuper_man said:
I think basing a conditional pick for a CB may be diffucult. How do you judge the performance. A 'shutdown' corner often gets little INTS or tackles because the play rarely goes to that side of the field. So it would have to be based on playing time I guess.

or a pro bowl appearance

THOMAS_54 said:
We still have the dumb GM that gave up a 2nd rounder for A.J. Feeley. I don't think they're dumb for offering a 4th rounder to us, I think they're smart (trying to fool Rick). Cause if we don't accept their offer, they can just simply sign Law or Dyson.

EXACTLY!!! With the moves that RIck SPOILMAN has made last year, I can't blame the entire NFL for trying to take us for a bunch of suckers. Cause that's what we are if Rick Spielman is GM. Good thing THAT's over.
Surtain for a 4th is something that Spoilman is probably licking his chops over..that dam fool...
1-didnt' get equal value for Ogun..
2-Tossed our 4th round pick in the MInnesota garbage can for 1 spot (which the player hasnt' even cracked the starting lineup yet)so used-a 1st and a 4th for the guy..
3-Jumped the gun and carelessly TOSSED our 3rd round pick in the St. Louis garbage can for L. Gordon ...a.k.a. Travis Minor..(gordon's another minor)
4-Gave away our 2nd round pick!!! for a scrub that NOBODY wanted!!

IF we're not careful, he will give Surtain away to the Chiefs for their x-ray tech and waterboy.

finfan54 said:
I actually think if we get there 4th this year and their second next year, that would be good value because that is two picks with one coming possibly in the early 2nd round because I do not think KC is going to win games as much as in the past. Vermeil is going to get desperate though because he needs a defense bad, especially in the DB.

you don't think kc is going to win games as much???? hello, they won 7 games last year. it's hard to do much worse.

Unless there is absolutely no way to make the cap work with Surtain as a Dolphin, I really think the team keeps him if they don't get a 2nd from somebody. There may be opportunities to make a move during the time between the draft and the trade deadline, and the market for a CB at the level Pat will be at may be very different next year -- we may be able to tag and trade for something of value. The worst case scenario is that the team has screwed the cap and cannot keep him. Anything better than that is fine with me. Pat sticks around for a year and might lead to something of value via compensatory pick or tag and trade, he relents and signs a friendly contract extension, or he gets cashed out this year for a 2nd.

Bumpus said:
Agreed...

Keep him for the last year of his contract if that's all we can get for him. Then next year when he goes free agent, we'll collect the compensatory pick from the NFL.

You can't count on compensatory picks. You only get them if you lose more FA than you gain. :shakeno:

ChambersNBoston said:
i say they give us their 3rd and fourth for Surtain or just a 2nd for him... the third they got is a compensatory pick which is 99th overall. its only fair i mean hes our top corner.....we wont part with him for only a 4th... we cant...it wont be right...3rd and 4th or just a 2nd.

They can't trade their compensatory pick unfortunately.

Justasportsfan said:
they didn't emerge until BB brought it out of them. BB made them stars. Brady was a 6th rd. pick. Dillon was considered damaged goods. Brown was converted to cb when their cb was depleted. The Pats were the most injured team the season ithey won their their 1st sb. It's the system and coaches.

what i like to hear the least is "the patriots are so underrated"... they say it about themselves... then when someone else calls them that, they get pissed off and throw a hissy fit about it. dillon was not damaged goods, he didn't get along with his coach... who cares if brady was picked 6th? so are a lot of other people. look at who gets picked 1st round that actually does well... look at how many have failed who were picked 1st round.

I kno the salary cap thing but why wont we jus keep him i mean he is still a good CB and then next year jus we would get a much better pick then just a fourth rounder :fire: :confused:

Back
Top Bottom