merged:KC wants to give us a 4th for Surtain..wtf? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged:KC wants to give us a 4th for Surtain..wtf?

I guess it is time to start counting the Cheif offer 4th round thread. So would this one be like 20?

Just keep Surtain, do well next year and give him some incentive to stay with a contending team hopefully, and franchise him.

Smart of them... good starting point.
No one else is remotely interested and we NEED to get rid of him.

I'll bet we see a deal for a 3rd and a pick to be named later based on performance when it's all said and done...

EQ

fisnfan0018 said:
Can we not afford to keep him? I think he's worth at least a 2nd.

We can keep him but it will hurt our chances to sign another player after the June 1st cuts.

Equalizer said:
I'll bet we see a deal for a 3rd EQ
that would be funny especially after the fins gave up a second for a 3rd string qb. You guys could've had Baas.

yea that trade of feeley and gordan were the worst trades i can think of. 2nd and 3rd round picks for a 3rd string quarterback and a 3rd string runningback

they are being smart, so we cant blame them. The way thinks are looking i would take a 4th this year and a 2nd next year. Surtain is worth a lot more but we are in a situation where, because off all the money he is demanding, we probably wont be able to sign him next year.

finsgonewild said:
they offer us a 4th round pick when Surtain is a pro bowl player? Not only has he been good but one of the best players in the league for the past few seasons. The packers got a 2nd round pick for mike mckenzie when he is not even close tot he level on which Surtain is on. For the dolphins to be only offered a 4th round pick is a slap in the face. If the most we are going to get out of Surtain is a 4th round pick, We need to restructure his deal. Getting a 3rd round pick for Surtain is also not a great deal for us and they do not even offer that. Not many pro bowlers are found in the later rounds. There are exceptions of course but finding a good cornerback is just as hard as it is to find a good quarterback. A 2nd round pick is a bargain for them. They get a premier cornerback who has already been successful in the league. I say we make a final offer of a 2nd round pick or we resign him.

I usually don't get too heated about topics in this forum, but to borrow a phrase from Ace Ventura "Holy Testicle Tuesdays!" A fourth round pick? That has to be absurd. Just to heck with it all find the money somewhere and just pay Patrick. I don't give a crap what, one of the top corners is definitely worth more than a 4th.

Back
Top Bottom