merged:Lamar Gordon - Forgotten Man?/What do you think of Gordon when healthy? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged:Lamar Gordon - Forgotten Man?/What do you think of Gordon when healthy?

I think Lamar is like AJ, we just don't know what we got yet.This season will definitly clear that up.Saban and Linehan will be able to evaluate both players thoughtout the season barring season ending injury.I do like Gordon,just don't know if he can stay heathly.

Gordon was an every down back at NDSU, the focal point of their offense. I watched some of his college games. He was durable and fast, a real gamer. The injury with the Phins was somewhat of a fluke.

I don't know that he can be our featured back, but I can tell you, he's a solid back and I think we'll be glad we have him before the season is over.

I agree that 2005 will be make or break for Gordon, provided he gets the opportunity. After many years of having to watch Vikings games, and observing Linehan, I think Gordon will get the chance in Miami this year.

We gave up a 3rd pick for Gordon. KC wants to give us a 4th rounder for Surtain? I am not a fan of Gordon, I didn't like the way he hit the holes. I will give him some slack for being traded just before the opening game. However, I think Gordon will be ok in Linehan's offense.

NJPHINFAN said:
Look at that...a Gator Hater and a Gator Lover getting on the same page...the motto here should be "Finheaven, where bridges are built"... :roflmao:

*sniff*....that's a beautiful thing man...

God Bless Finheaven

I think he'd be a solid back if he could stay healthy. I can definitely see Linehan using him in the passing game as well as the running game.

Did he only sign a one-year contract?

dominizzo said:
i see lamar like a natrone means type runner. hes short bulky and runs routes like natrone. i loved natrone Means too bad he had a short career

6-1 228 isn't short or really that bulky either. To be honest Gordon and Ronnie Brown seem to be somewhat similar......... Their size/build is close, they're both fast(Gordon runs a low 4.4/high 4.3) Both have pretty good hands, and they both have that upright running style.

I think he has shown more in the league than AJ has and a lot of people seem to think AJ is a savior. I think given the opportunity he could be a very very solid back. If Linehan runs this offense like he did in Minny I think Gordon, Morris, and Minor could be used effectively as change of paces from eachother.

In 2002, Gordon caught 30 passes, averaging 9.3 yards per catch, with 2 TDs. In 2003, Gordon carried the ball 71 times, with a 4.2 yards per carry average, and 1 TD. At the worst, it would seem like he's a good #2 back.

Boomer said:
You're happy that a Dolphin player got hurt?????????????????

I confess I cheered when Ray Lucas got hurt and Sage came in but it didn't do any good. He just handed off.

Gordon was supposed to be the man to take over for the rams. They Drafted someone else cause he couldn't stay healthy or cut the mustard. There was a reason why they let him go. I feel he can be a good backup, if he was the starting calibur he would still be with the Rams.

Back
Top Bottom