Merged: LaVar Arrington threads/Arrington to Giants/Arrington Meeting with Jags | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: LaVar Arrington threads/Arrington to Giants/Arrington Meeting with Jags

Dolfan81 said:
i also agree, and im tired of hear about use needing a #2 reciever and that booker is a bad WR

Enough is Enough
Booker is not a good #2 WR and he carries the stench of th DW, Spielman era- more painful than the inquisition.

IowaDolfan said:
I understand that this is a message board for discussion but why are we even bothering to talk about him anymore? What else can we say about the situation. I can't think about it anymore, I'm losing too much hair. I say this be the last post about Arrington until there is something to post about.

Iowa...so start another post to talk about something you don't want to talk about ?? Now you have to read thru mindless posts about why we should not talk about Arrington ??? I don't get it...

CubanCulebra said:
Booker is not a good #2 WR and he carries the stench of th DW, Spielman era- more painful than the inquisition.

Wroing !! Go back and watch the tapes...Booker is a very good reciever and compliments this offense well...he's led the team in YPC since he's been here and because defense can't just forget about him, gives CC more breathing room...You should watch the play of a guy you want to bash before you do it...

Dolfan81 said:
i also agree, and im tired of hear about use needing a #2 reciever and that booker is a bad WR

Enough is Enough

Apparently you didn't see all the DROPS that I did last year. Statistics be damned...Booker underacheived last season. He doesn't exactly "strike fear into D-cord's hearts" now does he????
Bottom Line: WE NEED ANOTHER RECEIVER to stretch the field for Pep. :tantrum:

I don't think his attitude is what concerns most people. It's the fact that he cannot cover passes. The pro bowl is manipulated by fan opinion. That's why poor CB go every single year. QB's are not scared of them and throw at them all game so they compile more int's. Fans vote for reputations a lot. Listen to all the people clammering to pay $50,000,000 to a guy who was on the BENCH last year. Not because of his attitude, but becvause he couldn't command the defense due to intelligence. He could not perform his roll because he is not a three down player....Very overrated.

PAT13 said:
I don't understand at all to see comments from people who don't want to see Arrington with us. All the time you are adding a pro-bowler to your line up, you get an improvement (specially a 3-time pro-bowler in the past 6 years). I have nothing against Derrick Pope or Donnie Spragan but Arrington would be a huge improvement to our defensive core. As for attitude issues, I'm pretty sure Saban can handle it! The bottom is to win games and with a player of this calibre, we are improving our chances.

not when you kill your cap and cause weaknesses everywhere else to accomodate one player. I don't think there are any among us that don't recognize his potential. He is too costly though and not worth it as it stands.

PAT13 said:
I don't understand at all to see comments from people who don't want to see Arrington with us. All the time you are adding a pro-bowler to your line up, you get an improvement (specially a 3-time pro-bowler in the past 6 years). I have nothing against Derrick Pope or Donnie Spragan but Arrington would be a huge improvement to our defensive core. As for attitude issues, I'm pretty sure Saban can handle it! The bottom is to win games and with a player of this calibre, we are improving our chances.

I don't think he's 'over-rated' as some suggest. I think he'd be a great addition to the team and definitely fill a hole, but at what cost...I'd rather see us grab a Manny Lawson or Greenway or even Sims instead of signing LA....without him, we can probably gather in Adams, an OL for depth and perhaps a someone else to fill a hole (be that a backup or a starter)...but we'll see in the next few days...

LA has ties to Jax (thru Del Rio), to Cincy (thru Lewis) and the Fins as well so it'll be a simple matter of who pays the most...

The type of money he is asking for is franchise player type money

I would be down to pay arrington, if he was a bonified true franchise player like ray lewis was in the late 90's and 2000 season, or if was like Lawrence Taylor. These guys you had to account for on every play, I am not sure Lavar is that type of Player.

I want him on my team but not if it is going to destroy the salary cap that Saban/ mueller have worked so hard to maintain.

jcaponio said:
I dont think Arrington sucks, in fact I think he'd be a good addition to the team. But he is nowhere near the stud that people on this board are referring to him as. He is overated, although I agree that he is better than anybody we have at OLB besides Crowder. The only thing is he doesnt deserve the money hes asking for, so it wouldnt be a terrible thing if Jax overpaid for him.

Exactly, couldn't have said it any better....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Nick is wise in letting Lavar and his agent test his market by going to Jacksonville. They may not even offer a contract that's as good as Miami's.

If Lavar and his agent decide they then want to visit Cincinnati, then I think Saban threatens to pull the deal off the table. And he should.

I agree with all of you... Yes he is good, Yes he can be good for the team, Yes hes is bad for the cap & If he were truely "great" he would have started last year.

So, I say if we can get him sure that will help the team but if the price is too much then that will hurt the team. Give him an assentive contract and pay him for what he does... This will probably NOT happen because the Giants want to give him too much.

Finfanforever said:
Apparently you didn't see all the DROPS that I did last year. Statistics be damned...Booker underacheived last season. He doesn't exactly "strike fear into D-cord's hearts" now does he????
Bottom Line: WE NEED ANOTHER RECEIVER to stretch the field for Pep. :tantrum:

You keep forgetting that Gus was the MAJOR underachiever last season, directly affecting CC, MB, and RM...that was our worst issue last season, not the play of the WRs...and our guys dropped no more than the average team...

PhinGeneral said:
Nick is wise in letting Lavar and his agent test his market by going to Jacksonville. They may not even offer a contract that's as good as Miami's.

If Lavar and his agent decide they then want to visit Cincinnati, then I think Saban threatens to pull the deal off the table. And he should.
good point i agree.

Back
Top Bottom