Merged: **Look here before posting** Tenn game changed to Saturday/Direct TV answers | Page 51 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: **Look here before posting** Tenn game changed to Saturday/Direct TV answers

DrAstroZoom said:
If nothing else, maybe ESPN Radio could do a national broadcast on ITS affiliates.
I've sent two e-mails to the Dan Patrick show already, let's flood them with e-mails, it could work!

repeat...

The game is sold out and will be televised in the Miami and Tennessee home territories by CBS. Stations carrying the game live in the Miami market are: WFOR in Miami-Ft. Lauderdale, WPEC in West Palm Beach and WINK in Ft. Myers. The game could be moved to UPN33 in Miami-Ft. Lauderdale if developments warrant WFOR to air continuous hurricane coverage.

The game can be seen outside of the Miami and Tennessee markets via NFL's Sunday Ticket on DirecTV on a delayed basis on Sunday, September 12, at 1:00 p.m. on channel 711.
http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=3443

on hold with DTV now - they are giving me the run around -- just telling me to cancel if i feel that strongly against it. no refunds - nfl sunday ticket is just that " a sunday event" the csr tells me. Mind you this is a supervisor saying this. He wants me to cancel. Says one person can't affect their business, maybe its because im a girl. But i am fired up right now. PLease dont back down guys - keep plugging away.

That's just horrible customer service and dumb business sense in general: even if there's NOTHING you can do, you NEVER tell somebody to cancel if they don't like it. :rolleyes:

I think we are beating a dead horse. This ain't gonna happen. We are not gonna see the game. The NFL has f*cked us. The don't give a sh*t about any of us........just whats in our wallets. :yell: :fire:

Floor Manager for DTV

I got rid of the supervisor and got a floor manager who quickly Changed his tune when i threatened to cancel. He told me that DTV is trying to hammer out a deal with espn and cbs - and that the problem lies with the ESPN college football gameplan. Apperantly they use those 700 channels for that on saturday. He told me that his computer shows the game as TBD and that usually means they are trying to find a place for it on the guide channels. He also told me that if I didnt recieve the game on sat that he would issue me a one week refund, although not a solution at least i feel like he tried to appease me. NO FREE MOVIE CHANNELS THO.

Pardon me for my ignorance, but is the game gonna be on direct tv? FinHeaven wrote this in the news section:
Finheaven and Co. has learned that the Tennessee-Miami game can only be seen live in South Florida and in Tennessee and it's immediate surrounding areas. This includes Direct TV NFL Sunday Ticket subscribers.

So is this information wrong or right?

FinFanGirl said:
I got rid of the supervisor and got a floor manager who quickly Changed his tune when i threatened to cancel. He told me that DTV is trying to hammer out a deal with espn and cbs - and that the problem lies with the ESPN college football gameplan. Apperantly they use those 700 channels for that on saturday. He told me that his computer shows the game as TBD and that usually means they are trying to find a place for it on the guide channels. He also told me that if I didnt recieve the game on sat that he would issue me a one week refund, although not a solution at least i feel like he tried to appease me. NO FREE MOVIE CHANNELS THO.
You should demand more if you want free channels..Be firm when you threaten and remind him the cost per year you dish out (pardon the pun) on DTV..He'll be more then happy to give you free movie channels..They offered me 3 months of free channels and I remined him he dose'nt have 3 months but only one day before I find another dish provider..

Something New?

On TVGuide's web site it says Saturday, 1pm Dolphins-Titans. That's my listing here in Atlanta, and who knows if it's correct, but an interesting POTENTIAL shift.

Nevermind.
Local CBS says the TV Guide site is wrong and it's still business as usual.

Hey Buffalo Sucks are you going to Frankies in Sandy Springs to watch the game? I have had the best luck there...much more luck than at Tony's.

Buffalo Sucks said:
On TVGuide's web site it says Saturday, 1pm Dolphins-Titans. That's my listing here in Atlanta, and who knows if it's correct, but an interesting POTENTIAL shift.
Here in Charlotte it says the same thing.

More BS

I just got off the phone with DirectTV and they also told me that the Ticket is a sunday event and they were not showing it on saturday. I had to let her know that thats boo-ish because they covered the Monday night game against the Bears in 1997. I told her that this is the only reason I have crappy a$$ DirectTV threatened to cancel if they don't don't show the game live. Didn't seem to make a dent. I gotta stick by my guns though if they leave us hangin' like that.

Back
Top Bottom