Merged: **Look here before posting** Tenn game changed to Saturday/Direct TV answers | Page 52 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: **Look here before posting** Tenn game changed to Saturday/Direct TV answers

What's to stop a local bar/restaurant from picking up the airwaves from a Nashville or Miami tv station using a C-Band sateillite dish? There shouldn't be any copyright infringments since the game is being televised by CBS live in those markets. Is it possible? Also, how about EPSN and/or CBS Radio (Westwood One) will they be airing the game on AM radio? :confused:

Fins 34 said:
What's to stop a local bar/restaurant from picking up the airwaves from a Nashville or Miami tv station using a C-Band sateillite dish? There shouldn't be any copyright infringments since the game is being televised by CBS live in those markets. Is it possible? Also, how about EPSN and/or CBS Radio (Westwood One) will they be airing the game on AM radio? :confused:

Nothing and that's the only chance we have of watching it.

So are you saying that local bars/restaurants will be televising the game? Is it legal?

DirecTV

The NFL blew this one big-time. The should have a clause in the contracts with networks that allows the broadcast of games that are unexpectedly re-scheduled due to unforeseen circumstances.

I'm pissed at DirecTV too, since I'm paying for all the games, but not getting them. They seem very unsympatheitc in terms of refunds or free programming to compensate, however, I'm sure they'd show the game if they could. Why wouldn't they?

I think the real target here is the networks because of the legal stipulations in the NFL contract. Essentially what they are saying is "we don't want any more competition during our college game broadcasts - you'll be forced to watch college football or nothing on Saturdays". I'm sure the NFL would love to feature games on Saturday regularly, and would bring in big bucks in doing so. However, college football ratings would suffer, no doubt. Still, this is a special circumstance.

That's who needs to be boycotted - I mean, if we really want to make a point, we need to let CBS know in a big way that we're going to stop watching their shows.

So, I'll be headed back to the smoky bars tomorrow to catch the game...I think the old C-band satellites can get the game...

Back
Top Bottom