Merged: Matt Leinart | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Matt Leinart

Gunner4u65 said:
I think he will struggle just like any rookie if he is thrown into the fire from day one. I'd rather he be eased into the roll of starter the way Marino was. Put him in late in games and get a feel for the speed of the NFL games. Then hopefully by the last 6 or 7 games of the season, he is not just treading water.

Completely agree.

dominizzo said:
Gunner if The fish lose to Saints were in that Range For Lionheart Leinart

Oh, I know we have the potential, but I think we have enough talent on this team to eek out a few more wins ... my guess we end up with a 5-11/6-10 kind of record. That would put us probably in the 5-8 range and more than likely at least two or three teams willing to take him. Barring having the #1 overall pick, I dont think we have a shot unless we trade up.

Gunner4u65 said:
Oh, I know we have the potential, but I think we have enough talent on this team to eek out a few more wins ... my guess we end up with a 5-11/6-10 kind of record. That would put us probably in the 5-8 range and more than likely at least two or three teams willing to take him. Barring having the #1 overall pick, I dont think we have a shot unless we trade up.

i think the teams that would need a qb IMO are THe BRowns, TExans (Depends on Carr) Dolphins, Bills ( loserman is no good) Arizona BAltimore and THE Raiderss

So who knows we can never know

he could be a good QB but ill rather take my chances elsewere

I think he is ready for the NFL. It depends what team he goes too and whether they need to start him right away or have him hold the clipboard for a year or two. He is a very accurate passer and puts great touch on his passes....I think he will be long gone when we draft but you never know??

yeah im thinkin he might slip on draft day.. im pretty sure reggie bush will be the top pick.. cause the 49 ers will take him first... but if houston selects first then they will take leinart

phinswin said:
yeah im thinkin he might slip on draft day.. im pretty sure reggie bush will be the top pick.. cause the 49 ers will take him first... but if houston selects first then they will take leinart

Houston can go 3 ways my friend

Leinart(Depends on Carr)
THe BRICK( No OLine what so ever)
Reggie Bush(Playmaker that Texans need and Davis is not the answer Dominick)

I say texans go DBRICK, they want a LT so badly.remember the trade they almost did with the rams for Pace. i also say they keep carr around

sure why not when you have gus. h3ll everyone is. gimme a helmet.

It's tough to compare him to anyone really. He's smart like Brady but he has an arm like McNown. Chad Pennington with a stronger arm maybe. That's the best comparison I can make.

dominizzo said:
Houston can go 3 ways my friend

Leinart(Depends on Carr)
THe BRICK( No OLine what so ever)
Reggie Bush(Playmaker that Texans need and Davis is not the answer Dominick)

yes, yes, and NO.

dom is the ONLY playmaker on the texans... he ain't going anywhere and they sure as hell won't upgrade HIS position. Texans either go D-Brick or Leinart.

dom is the ONLY playmaker on the texans... he ain't going anywhere and they sure as hell won't upgrade HIS position. Texans either go D-Brick or Leinart.

Early word is that Casserly is debating on buying back 2 or 3 years of Carr's contract so Leinart may be out. Though I hope that's not the case because I wouldn't mind having Carr next year.

SMadison29 said:
Early word is that Casserly is debating on buying back 2 or 3 years of Carr's contract so Leinart may be out. Though I hope that's not the case because I wouldn't mind having Carr next year.
except Carr is the Cedric Benson of QB's....

you want a guy that is THAT beat up? seriously, he's had more sacks in 4 years than Marino had in 8. shortened NFL lifespan if you ask me... but if he's available and cheap (probably and definitely not), then i dunno...

Back
Top Bottom