Merged: Matt Schaub | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Matt Schaub

Shawn-l said:
He's a backup because he plays behind Mike Vick. The kid would be starting on 20 other NFL teams, ours included.

He makes all of the throws and has great poise and imo could easily adapt to our offense. QB is QB, there are different styles of play but if you can throw and read defenses, it's pretty much an apples to apples comparison.

makes all the throws? In what the couple of games he played in his career? where someone else stated he had a 47 completion percentage? ya he makes the throws alot then

Disgustipate said:
We should offer Atlanta Shawn-l. No compensation required.

Ha, that's funny! :shakeno: With the number of posts you have, I would expect something more than simple one liners.

Vick wants schaub out, because of all the talk that he's a better passer than vick. To get rid of a controversy they will prolly ship him away for a pick, and then pick up a guy thats a good backup, but wont threaten lord Vick.... some one like Aaron brooks....

Ok, it's apparent most of the responders jump to conclusions. Anyone want to look up Peyton Manning's first year stats? Does that mean he couldn't be an elite QB in the league? I think we know the answer to that, don't we? You know, there was another backup QB that came from ATL that did pretty well in Green Bay. He was 0 for 4 with 2 interceptions in the 2 games he played in his first year. Can you take a guess who that is?

The key is whether they can make the throws, make good decisions, and maintain poise (in general). Matt Schaub has those abitlities. I'm telling you guys, this kid is going to be successful in this league.

He had a 98.1 rating this year in the 4 games he played in. So, I don't want to hear about some 47% when in actuality it's 49.3%. His first year in the league was 47%. Again, if need be, check out other QB's first 16 games in their careers and see how well they did. Not every QB starts out like Ben Rothelisberger. Although, I believe, if Schaub had started all 16 games for ATL this year, that would've been a high probability for him.

I don't want him either. First day picks are too valuable, especially when we could just draft our own young QB. AJ Feeley looked good in a WCO too, and couldn't do anything here, so I'm not sold that Schaub can either.

On another note, wouldn't it be funny if Atlanta drafted Marcus Vick to back up Michael?

Ok, how many of you have actually watched Matt Schaub play? All of these comments about a WCO QB are obliterated once you actually SEE him play.

Honestly, whoever evaluated Feeley and thought he was a good QB was just plain wrong. He has poor vision, bad mechanics, horrible footwork, and had NO touch on his passes. Practically every throw was a dart! Feeley has enough physical tools to compete, it's his mind that is all screwed up.

Shawn-l said:
Ok, it's apparent most of the responders jump to conclusions. Anyone want to look up Peyton Manning's first year stats? Does that mean he couldn't be an elite QB in the league? I think we know the answer to that, don't we? You know, there was another backup QB that came from ATL that did pretty well in Green Bay. He was 0 for 4 with 2 interceptions in the 2 games he played in his first year. Can you take a guess who that is?

The key is whether they can make the throws, make good decisions, and maintain poise (in general). Matt Schaub has those abitlities. I'm telling you guys, this kid is going to be successful in this league.

He had a 98.1 rating this year in the 4 games he played in. So, I don't want to hear about some 47% when in actuality it's 49.3%. His first year in the league was 47%. Again, if need be, check out other QB's first 16 games in their careers and see how well they did. Not every QB starts out like Ben Rothelisberger. Although, I believe, if Schaub had started all 16 games for ATL this year, that would've been a high probability for him.

You can apply that some logic to AJ Feeley, and look how that went.

Shawn-l said:

ok 47% or 49% either way thats terrible, especially playing in the short passing game he does

Successful backup is what he will be

He has one very good game against the patriots who were injured and all of a sudden he is manning or farve? no way! I mean Frerotte threw for over 300 yards against those same Patriots the first time around, Is Frerotte the next manning or farve?

Shawn-l said:
Ok, how many of you have actually watched Matt Schaub play? All of these comments about a WCO QB are obliterated once you actually SEE him play.

I have seen matt Schaub play! Preseason. :evil:

Now that i think about it. I would rather just keep Sage than get Schaub. Not anything against Schaub, but there is more to the picture than what alof of us blowhards on here try to spew.

In a game the Panthers HAD to win to get into the playoffs (the last game of the season). Schaub was 9 of 13 for 110yds and a TD (with a 2pt conversion) in only 14 mins worth of work and yes, that was against the first team defense. Granted the game was over by that time but they still had first teamers out there defending and in obvious PASS defense given the score. The same Carolina team that ate up the Giants and was ranked 9th in pass defense giving up 191 yds per game. Schaub almost got that with less than a quarter.

It's obvious some of you have a different opinion but what is apparent is that it's coming from people who have either not watched him play any if at all or do not have any sense of judging talent. Does it really matter if our QB is already in the league or if he comes out of the draft? There's the draftees like Manning and Palmer and there's the player trades like Hasselbeck and Farve, the flip side of that is the Couch's and Kitna's of the NFL or the Feeley and Fiedler's of the NFL. The BOTTOMLINE is that it does NOT matter where they come from. It's whether they got "it" or not. Schaub has "it". It may not be next year or the year after that but when the kid starts playing consistently, the doubters will see what I'm talking about.

Think of this possiblity!!!

Lets say hypothicly, Mick Vick says to Atlanta "draft my brother Marcus Vick." Why you ask? well think of it as this, so he can work with him and produce the same style of offense that he runs when hes out on injury. Now i know your gonna say that he is a problem, but who better to work with then his older brother. Some will say he cant play the QB postion, but he does know how to play it and he is an exact replica of his brother (a little smaller). Now, if Atlanta did it and drafted him do you think the would possible consider trade Shaub for Madison straight up? Im not trying to sell you all some bull **** on my opinion on the QB situation in Miami. I just wanted some feed back on that situation, because i would say that madison straght up for shaub is a good deal for both teams.

Back
Top Bottom