Merged: Miami Herald : Ricky Coming Back???..../Screwing us again? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Miami Herald : Ricky Coming Back???..../Screwing us again?

ch19079 said:
did RW have a press confrence or something. last i heard he was smokin in some foreign country. i dont think the fins are gunna base the #2 overall draft pick on what they THINK R. Williams will do.

He is in india dodging cows to get ready to play!:wink:

ch19079 said:
did RW have a press confrence or something. last i heard he was smokin in some foreign country. i dont think the fins are gunna base the #2 overall draft pick on what they THINK R. Williams will do.

I dont think Saban is fooled either but Ricky is sort of acting like he is comming back (telling his friends, not denying, talking to Saban)

this is my 1st weigh in on ricky since he quit.

IF he does try to come back....I'll take him. Yes, I'd have him back on my team.

As shocked as I was at what he did and when he did it...I no longer care. I am likely in the minority on this but he is a talent, plain and simple. Now, if he actually CAN gain the weight back and play as he did...which was excellent....is a whole different thing. I hope he can, does and will... but it is possible he won't be as good.

oh, and a last little thing....I don't base my opinion on what Saban has said about him. I don't believe, YET, that Saban should be anointed (sp?) a genius quite yet. I like the fact that he's our coach. I do think/hope he can get this team to peak DURING the playoffs and not in Sept. but I still want to see how he drafts and how he actually calls a game. My biggest complaint since Shula left was that Johnson and Wanny were two of the worst half-time/2nd half adjusters or game planners I've seen this side of Rich Kotite.:) When he can coach like that in the pros, I'll jump on the Saban uber-bandwagon.

MissMeth said:
Well, last week Dan LeBatard came to UM and talked to some of our students. WHen asked if he thought Ricky was coming back, he said "Ricky and i havent spoke about it but i do believe he is coming back and he will be wearing a Dolphins jersey".

He seemed to know everything before Ricky quit, wouldnt be suprised if he knows more than he is letting on.

Take it for what it is worth.. it is Lebatard after all...

:missmeth:

:p4e:
LeBatard

I believe Ricky is coming back. The sign to me was a while back when the talk started about him returning. In the middle of speculation about Miami taking a running back at #2, they resign Travis Minor(?). Ricky's best friend and confidont on the team. Looks like a done deal, just working out some issues with the team and the league is my bet. Hush, hush until after the draft to give Saban max leverage.

Hell, I would rather see him in our backfield in a fins jersey then in our endzone in someone elses. The only thing is, is he going to be anything like he was before he left? Hell, let the man come back and prove himself if he so chooses. We already have his "backups" what do we lose? Trust me if he is anything like he was when he left it would be quickly and quietly forgotten.

inFINSible said:
Ricky doesn't exist until he signs papers saying he wants to play again.

Until then, he isn't even a thought.

The guy in your sig is friggin hilarious. What's his name?

Agua said:
I'm sorry. RW on this team is nuts. I don't see how Saban can come up with this. I love the job he's done so far, but RW???

You just can't depend on the guy from one week to the next. Maybe if he gets off dope and starts taking his medication or whatever ... but how likely is it he gets his biochemistry straightened up and stays that way?

apperantly, he quit smoking weed in febuary because he said it was bad for his "astro-body"

JAREDMANN said:
All of this talk of Ricky comming back might be just from Ricky being bitter at the dolphins. He is mad because we made him pay back all of that money now he wants some revenge. He thinks we would draft a RB if he is not comming back and he thinks we desperatly need one so now he is pretending to be comming back so we are again stuck without a star running back.

This probably isnt true just a theory i thought up, even if Ricky does not come back i hope we dont take a RB unless we get one after a trade down.

PS. Even if Ricky does come back i will always hate him
Hate??? please We gave up 2 first round picks for this guy, he will be back and we should welcome him with open arms! No RB in this draft could touch Rickeys cleats as far as pure talent....PERIOD!!! No body on this or any other forum has any idea what is was like to be Wanny's battering ram, so please save your judgment. Of course he could have handled the situation better, but to not accept him back at all would be as ignorant as hiring back Wanny. We are a MUCH better team with him than without...bottomline. Get over it!!!

I want him back and I want him in a fins Jersey.

This isn't about someone screwing us over. I want to win, and Ricky still has the talent of being the best back in the league.

This is a business and in this business it's win at all costs.

So he screwed us over last year but guess what maybe with Ricky we go 8-8 last year. Well guess who's coaching us again this year if that was the case and guess who the qb would still be.

Our buddies Jay and Dave.

All in all the way I see it is Ricky did us a favour.

Ricky I'd accept you with open arms back into our Dolphin family cause I want to win, I don't care about anything else. Last year sucked at 4-12 I do not want to see it again.

Agua said:
I'm sorry. RW on this team is nuts. I don't see how Saban can come up with this. I love the job he's done so far, but RW???

You just can't depend on the guy from one week to the next. Maybe if he gets off dope and starts taking his medication or whatever ... but how likely is it he gets his biochemistry straightened up and stays that way?

I think you're being extremely naive and narrow minded in thinking that
#1 Ricky's problems are due to smoking weed
#2 There aren't other players in our own locker romm that smoke weed
#3 Saban is stupid enough to think the RB situation would be solved by getting Ricky back. He will still draft a RB with or without Ricky giving him a verbal agreement or whatever.

JJT said:
Hate??? please We gave up 2 first round picks for this guy, he will be back and we should welcome him with open arms! No RB in this draft could touch Rickeys cleats as far as pure talent....PERIOD!!! No body on this or any other forum has any idea what is was like to be Wanny's battering ram, so please save your judgment. Of course he could have handled the situation better, but to not accept him back at all would be as ignorant as hiring back Wanny. We are a MUCH better team with him than without...bottomline. Get over it!!!

yup...

DoLpHiNz34 said:
The guy in your sig is friggin hilarious. What's his name?

Ron White
----------------

I hope Ricky does come back and plays the way he did before he left. He was a great RB and would improve this team dramatically. If he doesn't come back this season then we should never hear about him again.

Agua said:

Maybe someone can correct me if Im wrong but didnt 1 of the 3 papers (Herald, PBP, or SS) say he had quit smoking dope a while back? Im pretty sure I read that somewhere in there. Hes lost weight from his playing weight and that and the suspension would be the 2 biggest obstacles in his return as well as obviously acceptance by the team veterans.

Back
Top Bottom