Merged:Miami Info from the ESPN draft show/Could Miami shape the draft? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Miami Info from the ESPN draft show/Could Miami shape the draft?

BLITZKRIEG said:
They all said, Kiper / Salisbury / Mueller / that Miami has done an excellent job of smokescreening teams into believing we'll go QB, and it's working to our advantage now that the 49ers are strongly focused on QB....

They said we're in the best position now. They said we'll likely get strong offers form both Tampa, and Minnesota. They think we should give Feeley another year of consideration, and taking a QB {this year} isn't that important. They still have us likely taking one of the top three RB's at either #5 or #7, and a trade down senario is now highly possible for Miami....

You da man, thanks!

My God, I've never wanted a week to pass by so fast in my life as I do this one. Will Saturday EVER come? :shakeno:

i'm afraid that if we trade down we won't get Ronnie Brown.

BLITZKRIEG said:
They think we should give Feeley another year of consideration, and taking a QB {this year} isn't that important. They still have us likely taking one of the top three RB's at either #5 or #7, and a trade down senario is now highly possible for Miami....

PHINZ RULE!!!

I agree! I love Saban already, even if we don't trade down and get a RB at #2, just the scene he's causing speaks volumes for his future impact here.

Everyone thinks we are in a great position, whether we go RB, QB, or trade down. They all seem to be fairly sure we will be able to move the pick to either the Vikes, or Bucs, although Kiper says we might have to stray from the draft pick value chart. A note about A. Smith is that he wants more that Eli got in terms of contract. I hope this helps for you guys not in front of a TV.

basicly...

- Miami holds the best spot to in draft
- Saban has teams guessing on what Miami might do
- It could be a smke screen about Miami drafting a QB to make TB =or Minn trade up
- Saban has done good by keeping the window open for Ricky to come back so that TB may believe that Saban will take QB
- Another person said that Miami wont take a QB becuase they have to give Feely one more year

Oh, it was all good and I had to crack a beer after that 15 mion highlight of the Dolphins...

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I wasn't talking about you, but the thread starter. If you start a thread, let us know what they are saying!!!

Yeah sorry about that, I neglected to mention that not even I knew what was being said, just that it was a long segment for me to look forward too (not on yet here in cali). I started the thread as a spot for people that did see it to post the info, but I shoulda clarifyied that in the first post.

FlyFishingKing said:
basicly...

- Miami holds the best spot to in draft
- Saban has teams guessing on what Miami might do
- It could be a smke screen about Miami drafting a QB to make TB =or Minn trade up
- Saban has done good by keeping the window open for Ricky to come back so that TB may believe that Saban will take QB
- Another person said that Miami wont take a QB becuase they have to give Feely one more year

Oh, it was all good and I had to crack a beer after that 15 mion highlight of the Dolphins...

MMMMM Beer :drool:

I hate these Rookies, if there is anything the NFL is screwed up on, it's Rookie Deals. Look at the NBA and NHL, when the top pick gets signed it's at the maximum rookie deal, not higher then 4 million. Lebron signed a 4 year 12 million rookie max contract. These unproven players think they deserve all this money, it seriously bothers me. Who is Alex Smith? A prospect. I don't want to get involved with a Rookie Holding out. Let's get a good kid, that wants to play ball and prove his worth. Anyway you look at it, the top 10 picks get 8 or more to sign, plus salary's.

Lukin said:
i'm afraid that if we trade down we won't get Ronnie Brown.

We wont. It all depends on how far we trade down as well. If we're at #5, he may still be there, if not, we'll go with either Benson / Williams IMO....

At #7, one of the top three should still be there. Worst case senario, we get stuck with RB C. Benson at #7, and we gain a boatload of picks in the procss. It's a no lose situation no matter what....

PHINZ RULE!!!

It is a big smoke screen. all you hear about is alex smith , trading down, or benson and brown. You will see saturday when saban pulls a fast one and picks braylon edwards. every team behind us will have to change their strategy. cant wait

BLITZKRIEG said:
They all said, Kiper / Salisbury / Mueller / that Miami has done an excellent job of smokescreening teams into believing we'll go QB, and it's working to our advantage now that the 49ers are strongly focused on QB....

They said we're in the best position now. They said we'll likely get strong offers form both Tampa, and Minnesota. They think we should give Feeley another year of consideration, and taking a QB {this year} isn't that important. They still have us likely taking one of the top three RB's at either #5 or #7, and a trade down senario is now highly possible for Miami....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Wow, the ESPNers have really come around to our way of thinking. The surprising part is them saying we need to give Feeley another year, something I agree with but is a change of pace for ESPN who seem to rip AJ every chance they get. The scary thing is these "experts" are often dead wrong in predicting the various draft scenarios.

ercin13 said:
It is a big smoke screen. all you hear about is alex smith , trading down, or benson and brown. You will see saturday when saban pulls a fast one and picks braylon edwards. every team behind us will have to change their strategy. cant wait

There would be absolutely no need for a smokescreen if that were the case. He is building one so we can trade down.

Do you think Saban would be going through this huge facade just so the teams below us have to scratch Edwards off their board?? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom