MERGED-Miami to play in England in 2007 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED-Miami to play in England in 2007

The plan is for every NFL team to play abroad over then next 16 years. I think the idea was to have 2 per year and that way each team woud have 1 home and 1 away over the 16 years so in the end it all balances out.

I'm not sure on this and I can't remember the source but have a look at some of the forums at www.nfluk.com as there has been some discussion there I believe.

It states it all quite clearly here: http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9923505/rss

"Over the next 16 seasons, each of the league's 32 teams will participate in a regular season game outside the United States. "
EDIT: I guess therefore, in effect 16 teams will lose a game on home soil

Hm, not sure how I feel about this. I hope the NFL Fans/ finfans in England have a great time though.

8 of us going now , just need to find when tickets go on sale :D

Cannae wait for this , been planning for years to go to a game but never able to keep the cash together now with one on my doorstep (well 400 miles away is better than 3000) i can go :D :D

Happy day :D :D

Dolphins playing in Europe

The National Football League is going European in 2007.
For the first time in league history, a regular-season game will be contested outside of North America, according to a report by the Sports Xchange.
The likely "home" team will be the Miami Dolphins. The likely home for the game is famed Wembley Stadium. The New York Giants and Buffalo Bills are possible opponents.

Taking a home game away from us.

Thanks *******s.

am i the only one who thinks this should have been an away game?

No you're not. :mad:

Anyways, seems to me it would make more sence to have New England play New York get it? :wink:

The plan is for every NFL team to play abroad over then next 16 years. I think the idea was to have 2 per year and that way each team woud have 1 home and 1 away over the 16 years so in the end it all balances out.

I'm not sure on this and I can't remember the source but have a look at some of the forums at www.nfluk.com as there has been some discussion there I believe.

Hey man where you from in Glasgow ? You going to the Superbowl party (Read: pissup) in the Sports Cafe ?

When this gets confirmed lets get a train full of FinFans from here heading to London Village :D :D

Hey man where you from in Glasgow ? You going to the Superbowl party (Read: pissup) in the Sports Cafe ?

When this gets confirmed lets get a train full of FinFans from here heading to London Village :D :D

I live in Shawlands. Where are you from? I see you're a Jags fan so I undestand your need to see the Phins as it'll make a change to see a winner... Only joking, one of my best friends is a season ticket holder at Thistle.

Doubt I'll go to Sports Cafe for the Superbowl party. Depends on who's playing and if I can get a few friends going too.

Uk Fans *miami Play Regular Season Game At Wembley*

On Ticket alert now, and a meet for me Simon(boomer) and Paul

The Sports Xchange has learned that Miami will be the "home" team during the 2007 season for a game likely to be played in London's Wembley Stadium. That famous stadium has undergone a renovation and will seat 90,000 fans for the game. Wembley was the site of nine international preseason games from 1983-1993. The other option is 83,000-seat Twickenham Stadium.

Miami at Wembley!! ROCK ON! and i know all the downsides, but fook it, selfish me loves it...hopefully some of our american friends will come see us, though we have been out to see games there...

i read a report somewhere where isnt true, they havent decided yet....not to burst your bubble or anything...

Not sure if it is true or not:

No news on overseas game: The NFL denied a Sports Xchange report that said the Dolphins have been chosen to play one of their 2007 regular-season home games - against either the Giants or Bills - at London's Wembley Stadium.
"Nothing has been decided with regard to a location or the competing teams," NFL spokesman Michael Signora said.
The Dolphins are among six finalists to host a regular-season game in England or Germany in the 2007 season. The league expects to announce the venue next week and the matchup before the Super Bowl.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2007/01/12/a1b_fins_0112.html

Damn but still hopeful as Miami has a huge fan base in UK, and Wembley will sell out within a day i have no doubt, Germany support the European league better, but UK fans just love the 'real' thing, NFL football, and SKY our satellite provider always have excellent viewing figures for its NFL coverage and expanded to double headers last year to accomodate the interest...I know what you saying, but Miami makes most sense for any team to do an overseas game...

I thought the team had no say as to who and where they play. Doesnt the NFL make up the complete schedule on their own, or do the teams have input into a couple games?

I like it, the Fins will probably get better support from London fans than they get here in South Florida, sad but true. I would especially love it if we played the Jets or Pats, since their fans usually outcheer ours every time we play them at "home".

Back
Top Bottom