MERGED-Miami to play in England in 2007 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED-Miami to play in England in 2007

I hope it's the Giants.

Getting to hear all the New yawkas down here getting all bent out of shape because they lose the chance to see them play here would be priceless.

They'll all go calling that loser Sid on 790 crying and moaning.

That is if 790 is still around by then.

That sucks.... why play regular season in England???? Who picks up the cost on flying so much stuff over there? That is alot of jetlag too.
NFL is ridiculous when it comes to this. Why don't they pick the Green Bay packers and ship a bunch of cheeseheads over there or is Lambeau field too sacred to give up a home game there!????

I hope they schedule the game early in the year so it would mean one less game on the dirt infield. That would be the only positive to losing a home game.

I appreciate some of you would be frustrated about losing a game at Dolphins Stadium but as a longstanding Dolphins fan of 22 years who has only had one opportunity to see them play live (defeat of Patriots in 2000), can I say how great it would be to see them play a regular season game in London.

The Dolphins have a very good following over here and their support would easily outnumber Bills or Giants fans. It would be great to see some of you fellow Fin fans come over too and make it an even better atmosphere.

If this becomes official, thanks NFL and Mr Huizenga and for allowing this to happen !!!

YESSSSS!!!!!
Please, let this be true.

I really thought the NFL would select Germany to host the game.
They recently held the World cup, the infrastructure and transport is much better than in the UK, the stadiums are decent and there is great support across Deutschland.

As for England; Wembley is a sham, and in my opinion Twickenham is not a very good stadium.
(NFL, if you are listening out there, please select the Dolphins, and please select the Millenium stadium here in Cardiff :wink: )

But don't worry about support guys.
I've got a list as long as my arm of people who are robbing their Grandmothers to go to the game.
We will rock the stadium up to and beyond Daunte taking a final victorious kneel down :D .

As Defensivefan said, there a thousands of Dolphin fans here in the UK, and most of us have been waiting a lifetime for a chance to see the Dolphins play live.

I've never seen Miami play live, and I'm not going to miss a chance like this.
The last time anything close to this happened was when the Bears played the Cowboys here in '86. I was 10 years old.

A big shout out to all the UK fans here on Finheaven (too many to list) and also to my buddies in the UK Insomniacs club.

See you at the game (wherever it is).

That sucks.... why play regular season in England???? Who picks up the cost on flying so much stuff over there? That is alot of jetlag too.
NFL is ridiculous when it comes to this. Why don't they pick the Green Bay packers and ship a bunch of cheeseheads over there or is Lambeau field too sacred to give up a home game there!????

Because it's about 11 hours of flying instead of 9 hours...

Guys, I understand that you fear giving up the advantage of a home game and I see the same thing.
But can you just imagine how great that is for all of us living in Europe beeing die hard Dolphins fans?
Usualy we read the internet on Monday how the game was. And once in a while we have the chance to see our beloved Fins on TV. But believe me, I don't know how it is in the rest of Europe, but in Germany, as competitive as the Dolphins played the past seasons, we were very lucky to watch the Fins in TV just once in a season.
Here, they show 2 games on Sunday plus the Sunday Night and the Monday Night game.
And the 2 games on Sunday are reserved for the top teams.

And now in 2007 it's not just watching the Fins on TV, no we have the chance to see our beloved team live in a stadium for the first time ever!!!!!!!!

Just try to imagine how hard it is for us to following our team and what that means to us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'LL GO IF SOME PEOPLE WANT GET TOGATHER GET ALL THERE SEATS IN THE SAME AREA!!!!GOOD SEATS

:lol:

You just had to go there didn't you.....

Anyone interested in considering a trip across the pond to see the game?

I'd be interested myself.

Hey Defensivefan, what's it like getting tix over there for an event like this, any idea? Are we talking sold out in an hour or would it take a while for them to sell them off?

Because it's about 11 hours of flying instead of 9 hours...

Guys, I understand that you fear giving up the advantage of a home game and I see the same thing.
But can you just imagine how great that is for all of us living in Europe beeing die hard Dolphins fans?
Usualy we read the internet on Monday how the game was. And once in a while we have the chance to see our beloved Fins on TV. But believe me, I don't know how it is in the rest of Europe, but in Germany, as competitive as the Dolphins played the past seasons, we were very lucky to watch the Fins in TV just once in a season.
Here, they show 2 games on Sunday plus the Sunday Night and the Monday Night game.
And the 2 games on Sunday are reserved for the top teams.

And now in 2007 it's not just watching the Fins on TV, no we have the chance to see our beloved team live in a stadium for the first time ever!!!!!!!!

Just try to imagine how hard it is for us to following our team and what that means to us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same story here, Toto.
Only got to see the Thanksgiving game this year. The Monday night game against the Jets would have been another game I would normally see, but it was cancelled because of Christmas.
I would have prefered to cancel Christmas instead.:mad:

Any way us Brits can post a list of UK fans who follow the dolphins on finheaven?

I am freakin' the Fins are coming to europe!! But please don't let it be the (boring) Bills who any Canadian living in Ontario has seen play the Dolphins countless times already. The Giants would be amazing!

I (or who else knows who'll be coming from Spain) will be looking forward to cheering on the Fins with the UK (and Scottish) fans who are the best supporters of their teams in the world (with all due respect), so everyone can be rest assured the Dolphins will be well taken care of!

I am freakin' the Fins are coming to europe!! But please don't let it be the (boring) Bills who any Canadian living in Ontario has seen play the Dolphins countless times already. The Giants would be amazing!

I (or who else knows who'll be coming from Spain) will be looking forward to cheering on the Fins with the UK (and Scottish) fans who are the best supporters of their teams in the world (with all due respect), so everyone can be rest assured the Dolphins will be well taken care of!

Sorry, how can we list our european fans?

Back
Top Bottom