Merged: Michael Huff | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Michael Huff

Huff is definitely my choice if Cutler is gone.

Huff reminds me of Sean Taylor

Sean Taylor might be the best pro prospect at any position I've ever seen. Big, fast, nasty, and a smart football player. I think Michael Huff is cut in the same mold. His versatility could be the difference between a good secondary and a scary secondary.

I don't know that anyone compares to Sean Taylor. The guy is everything you want from a safety. He is as physically gifted player I have every seen at that position coming out of college. I like Michael Huff alot, but I wouln't compare him to Taylor. Huff seems to be more of a cerebral player. Always around the ball, always making sure to make the play. Taylor is sort of a Lawrence Taylor at safety, and I would compare Huff to more of a Zach Thomas at safety.

sports24/7 said:
I don't know that anyone compares to Sean Taylor. The guy is everything you want from a safety. He is as physically gifted player I have every seen at that position coming out of college. I like Michael Huff alot, but I wouln't compare him to Taylor. Huff seems to be more of a cerebral player. Always around the ball, always making sure to make the play. Taylor is sort of a Lawrence Taylor at safety, and I would compare Huff to more of a Zach Thomas at safety.

I would take a Zach Thomas at safety :cool:

Frank B said:
Sean Taylor might be the best pro prospect at any position I've ever seen. Big, fast, nasty, and a smart football player. I think Michael Huff is cut in the same mold. His versatility could be the difference between a good secondary and a scary secondary.

Taylor is just as fast as Huff, except Taylor is about 30 pounds heavier and 2 inches taller.

sports24/7 said:

Everything you want, minus the whole pistol-whipping/DUI/Not showing up for minicamps/Spitting in faces stuff.

I'd take Polemalue over anyone after his showing in the playoffs so far.

sports24/7 said:

Good explanation. He's a smart guy.

Frank B said:

he reminds me of ed reed

I just don't know....I have this thing about not drafting DB's that high....a lot of it is the fact we got Sam and Pat in the 2nd round and Poole and Daniels in the 4th round.I'd rather go for a LT or a LB if Cutler's gone at 16.If a top D-lineman falls for some reason then I'd take him too before I take a DB at 16.Trading down is also an option....down in the 20's you can get players like Bing,Carpenter,Lawson,a couple of LT's or even the top guard...Giles? are all posible there.

Ozzy rules!!

ghost of marino said:
Everything you want, minus the whole pistol-whipping/DUI/Not showing up for minicamps/Spitting in faces stuff.

Exactly. He is the Ron Artest of the NFL.

Sean Taylor is a LB playing FS than can run a 4.38 & can cover. Michael Huff is a CB that can play safety & tackles very well. Huff is very good but not Sean Taylor good.

saves said:
I'd take Polemalue over anyone after his showing in the playoffs so far.
Agreed, Pomalalu is a beast

I've been saying this. Huff is going to blind people with his underrated speed, strength and agility at the combine and move up to the top 5-7. Here's to hoping.

Back
Top Bottom