MERGED: Michael Sam to be First Openly Gay Player - Okay w/ Phins drafting him? | Page 47 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Michael Sam to be First Openly Gay Player - Okay w/ Phins drafting him?

Exasperating, yes, it's all bs.
Apparently.

You could have warned me before I got sucked into all this.
Unfortunately, I figured it out after you did. I was giving him too much benefit of the doubt. I thought we were having a truthful conversation. Clearly we weren't.

I'm sure you ran into these same conversations on the depths of whatever threads.
Yes, but like I said previously, the conversations might not benefit the person typing on the other end, but perhaps someone reading it will be enlightened.

As long as the goals are worthy...

Apparently.

Unfortunately, I figured it out after you did. I was giving him too much benefit of the doubt. I thought we were having a truthful conversation. Clearly we weren't.

Yes, but like I said previously, the conversations might not benefit the person typing on the other end, but perhaps someone reading it will be enlightened.

As long as the goals are worthy...

As I said, my brother is gay. My wife was in a gay marriage before I met her.

I don't need the lecture, pontification, or have to justify anything.

What I have learned, is from people who live and have lived it.

Last I checked, we're all entitled to our opinion.

Just because you may agree or disagree, doesn't mean that my opinion is invalid.

Last I checked, we're all entitled to our opinion.
Unless the mobs don't agree - then it's "Keep it to yourself, moron. But hey, don't think we're trying to impose anything on you. You're an ignorant homophobe-defender who needs to keep his mouth shut, but please don't feel like you're being restricted, because that's our territory, you bigot." :rolleyes:

Unless the mobs don't agree - then it's "Keep it to yourself, moron. But hey, don't think we're trying to impose anything on you. You're an ignorant homophobe-defender who needs to keep his mouth shut, but please don't feel like you're being restricted, because that's our territory, you bigot." :rolleyes:

Hahaha.. thank you. I laughed out loud.

Lessons learned.

People who don't like gay people probably wouldn't have liked black people if they were born 60 years ago :lol:

How about we stop comparing Black Civil rights to the LGBT movement. They are not relatable.

At all.

You said his race wasn't the primary factor. I'm still waiting to hear you make the case for why JR is the only person to have been given that honor if race wasn't a factor.

Black people were denied equal rights; gay people are denied equal rights.
Black people were denied the right to marry the person of their own choosing; gay people are, in many places, denied the right to marry the person of their own choosing.

JR was the first black player to play in the modern major leagues; MSam might be the first openly gay person to be drafted and play in the NFL.
Bringing JR up to the majors resulted in negative attention and controversy; MSam entering the NFL draft as an openly gay man has resulted in negative attention and controversy.

Both are breaking new ground. The similarities are astoundingly obvious.

Should the day come when a woman plays in the NFL, MLB, the NBA, or the NHL, we'll hear the same arguments all over again.

You are comparing mountains to an ant hills...

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

Of course they are. But I encourage you to make the case as to why they are not.

If you don't get why, then you need a history lesson...

How about you guys just get off of this.....neither side is going to convince the other so just stop wasting your time.

**** Mods please move this thread, IDK why you guys are letting this inane discussion continue in the main forum****

You are comparing mountains to an ant hills...

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

If you don't get why, then you need a history lesson...

So you're yet another who can't articulate it. Weak.

How about you guys just get off of this.....neither side is going to convince the other so just stop wasting your time.

**** Mods please move this thread, IDK why you guys are letting this inane discussion continue in the main forum****

Because it's a hot topic, it's the offseason, and people clearly want to discuss it. Nobody is forcing you to open the thread.

So you're yet another who can't articulate it. Weak.

I can articulate it on levels that you can't imagine, but I don't get on football forums to give basic American History lessons. But I will encourage you to get out in your community and explore diversity....

Back
Top Bottom