MERGED: Michael Sam to be First Openly Gay Player - Okay w/ Phins drafting him? | Page 45 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Michael Sam to be First Openly Gay Player - Okay w/ Phins drafting him?

no...if you read my posts I said IDC what gays do in their own time it has to do with him just seeking attention and media backing
Didn't Michael Sam come out on his own time?

so what your saying is I'm not entitled to an opinion?
Of course you are. Did I ever say or imply that you shouldn't be allowed to have and express an opinion? No, I did not. But by the same token, I'm allowed to have an opinion on your opinion, am I not?

His career will always be defined by him coming out over him being a football player.

So answer me thism would we even be talking about him at all this much if he DIDN'T come out. No we wouldn't.

Would Jackie Robinson's number have been retired by every major league baseball team if he wasn't black? No, it wouldn't.

I think to myself that his announcement has taken away the focus of his talent on the football field and now is all about orientation. If it costs him draft stock and $$$ then that's too bad.

If I were his agent, I would waited until after the draft and orchestrated something with the team that drafted me at that time.

Didn't Michael Sam come out on his own time?

Of course you are. Did I ever say or imply that you shouldn't be allowed to have and express an opinion? No, I did not. But by the same token, I'm allowed to have an opinion on your opinion, am I not?

IDC that he came out, that was his own personal choice, just like being gay was his choice but my opinion is that he came out so he has the media attention that when his status drops he can blame it on the fact that he came out of the closet.

of course you can have an opinion on my opinion I welcome it.

Your baffled because you're looking for something. This isn't a who us right or wrong conversation. You've chosen one line and stake your comment on it. It wasn't even the most important of the lot. SMH.

His career will always be defined by him coming out over him being a football player.

So answer me this would we even be talking about him at all this much if he DIDN'T come out. No we wouldn't.

I'm baffled because I'm trying to figure out where supporters of Mike Sam are somehow doing the wrong thing, going about things the wrong way, imposing their morals on other people, censoring, or being intolerant. Because that's what you're saying is going on.

Yes, his career will always be defined by him coming out, obviously. He is breaking barriers. And no, we wouldn't be talking about him unless he came out. THAT'S what's significant and has social impact.

We're going around in circles, but from your last post I think I understand that what you're feeling is that you resent all this talk about a gay player, you resent the distraction, it's not something you can relate to directly, it doesn't directly benefit you, and you don't want the bs. That's it in a nutshell, and that's fine. But you could have simply said that 2 hours ago and skipped the subterfuge.

Would Jackie Robinson's number have been retired by every major league baseball team if he wasn't black? No, it wouldn't.

so your saying Sam should get special treatment for being gay? u shousnt even compare it to the first black player.

It's funny this conversation. I'll use a musical analogy.

A few years ago Ricky Martin was the hottest thing in music. He comes out. Career= gone.

George Michael= super huge in the 80's. Came out= career wanes.

I know we all wish things were equal, and I do believe most of us on this board don't give a rats ass if Sam is gay or not.

The apparent bigotry that people are twisting into the NFL fabric isn't unique.

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

I'm baffled because I'm trying to figure out where supporters of Mike Sam are somehow doing the wrong thing, going about things the wrong way, imposing their morals on other people, censoring, or being intolerant. Because that's what you're saying is going on.

Yes, his career will always be defined by him coming out, obviously. He is breaking barriers. And no, we wouldn't be talking about him unless he came out. THAT'S what's significant and has social impact.

We're going around in circles, but from your last post I think I understand that what you're feeling is that you resent all this talk about a gay player, you resent the distraction, it's not something you can relate to directly, it doesn't directly benefit you, and you don't want the bs. That's it in a nutshell, and that's fine. But you could have simply said that 2 hours ago and skipped the subterfuge.

I didn't say anything about anyone doing the wrong thing.

That's what I'm talking about. What the hell are you reading?

And I don't RESENT anything. Stop being judgemental and putting words and thoughts onto me.

I don't care. This is just a conversation. That is all.

Jackie Robinson had his number retired for 1st being a great player. Then 2 being the first black player in baseball..

Bull****. He wasn't the greatest player to have ever played the game and he's the only player in baseball to have been afforded that honor.

so your saying Sam should get special treatment for being gay? u shousnt even compare it to the first black player.

I'm saying he should get equal treatment. What did I ask for that you consider "special treatment"?

If I were his agent, I would waited until after the draft and orchestrated something with the team that drafted me at that time.

Now I can't take anything you say seriously on this topic. I mean, really?

If anything, he would have just said nothing and been drafted like anybody else. He's not going to wait until after the draft like some second class citizen and then come up to the screen door in the back of the kitchen to ask for a dinner plate.

this is like saying if you didn't vote for Obama its because he is black...it is the only reason he got voted in, twice....

Where did I say he was the greatest?

Again.. people aren't reading.

I didn't say you said it. I'm explaining why his career wasn't the primary motivator in having his number retired by the league.

Why is JRobinson the ONLY player to have received that honor?

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

this is like saying if you didn't vote for Obama its because he is black...it is the only reason he got voted in, twice....

Specifically what is like saying "if you didn't vote for Obama its because he is black"?

Now I can't take anything you say seriously on this topic. I mean, really?

If anything, he would have just said nothing and been drafted like anybody else. He's not going to wait until after the draft like some second class citizen and then come up to the screen door in the back of the kitchen to ask for a dinner plate.

I'm sure you're an expert on media/public relationships.

Back
Top Bottom