Merged: Moss trade has all kinds of merit / Is he worth it? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Moss trade has all kinds of merit / Is he worth it?

enigmatics

Go get me a juice box!
Reaction score
Moss trade has all kinds of merit

......... This upcoming draft looks unbelievable with the amount of prospects in the WR department. I don't think we'll ever see these kinds of potentials coming out at the same time ever again. What do you get though with the draft???? You get a giant crapshoot. There's no telling whether the guy you draft will amount to anything.

Now, flash forward to this Moss thing. First off I don't ever want to hear there's absolutely no merit to it. Of course there's merit, in an offseason where in the blink of an eye suddenly Clinton Portis became expendable anything's possible. With the way this offseason has been shaping up, I think we're going to see activity that we haven't seen in the NFL in quite some time.

The trade makes complete sense to me in my eyes. Randy's contract isn't ridiculous at all...... his craziest number is $12 million which would be in 2007, but his contract could be redone as we're seeing with everyone at the moment. The Vikings get 2 players in Madison and Ogunleye who are easily top 10 in their respected positions. I don't care what you facetiously think of Madisons play, he's still one of the top tier CB's. He just unfortunately got the raw end of the deal in our secondary because you cannot throw at Surtain at all and our safeties do not provide great deep over the top protection. And c'mon .......Ogun's 28 sacks of the last 2 seasons isn't an aberration. It's no surprise he benefits from Taylor being on the line too, but in the right scheme where the team has good DT's (ala Kevin Williams and Chris Hovan) to provide run support, he'd be a helluvan upgrade.

We get the best WR in the league..........can't argue that. He's got an attitude problem, no doubt about that either, but can you deny that much talent???? Be honest........ how could you not take an opportunity like him seriously???? Sure we'd lose Ogun....... sure we'd lose Madison.........but in the end it looks like those players were going to be gone anyway. Especially Ogun, you guys know we need those draft picks badly. And we may not even get a 1st and 3rd, but a 1st and 4th??? You know we'd be willing to resign and trade him for that. Madison, well we've all been reading how that contract situation has been playing out........ it isn't......... and we could replace him easily considering how many quality DB's there are on the market. Not every corner out there is going to be getting elite money so let's just admit that.

Best of all, we could still draft one of those young WR's. "But Chambers is our no.1, how are we gonna get the ball to him and Moss?" ...........c'mon man, Chambers ain't no Moss, not even close and as far as it goes Chambers is still a project, QB or not, he has not shown any consistency. If Chambers were to demand a huge contract next year, which he has absolutely nothing to show for that kind of demand, then let him go, because we could have a Reggie Williams or other draft stud waiting to take his place.

This deal has all kinds of merit. Will it go down???? Nobody knows. I hate it when I see people shoot down things like this when it's actually being reported. It would be one thing if it were just some message board rumor...........this one wasn't born in a forum folks.

If we trade Chambers to Minny, I'm competing with Finheaven.

VikeHeaven.com

I didn't say that...........Chambers wouldn't be traded. I'm saying let Chambers walk after this upcoming season if he decides he's worth big $$$$, which he's not.

I wouldn't say that the deal has a lot of merit however, with the 'Fins, I've learned to never dis-count anything. Two years ago all the talk was of the 'Fins acquiring Ricky; a couple of weeks into the FA signing period everyone wrote it off as idle banter and then, BOOM, it happened. Same last year with the Seau thing so, this year, I won't be shocked no matter what happens.

Originally posted by Cranx
I wouldn't say that the deal has a lot of merit however, with the 'Fins, I've learned to never dis-count anything. Two years ago all the talk was of the 'Fins acquiring Ricky; a couple of weeks into the FA signing period everyone wrote it off as idle banter and then, BOOM, it happened. Same last year with the Seau thing so, this year, I won't be shocked no matter what happens.

Yup.........and Randy Mueller of the Saints was adamantly denying the Ricky trade, then BAM ......it happened.

Sounds to me like we actually heard the Vikings out, instead of just saying, "No thanks."

Originally posted by enigmatics
I'm saying let Chambers walk after this upcoming season if he decides he's worth big $$$$, which he's not.

You gotta be kiddin' me.

(here comes the, well look at your username responses)

nah, im with you on this one CO84... chambers can absolutely not go anywhere else, EVER. he's our boy, and he can play, we should take some pride in that. He helps alleviate the pain for players that underachieve and our first round busts, he's everything thats right with the miami dolphins, he and surtain must remain dolphins for life in my eyes.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

You gotta be kiddin' me.

(here comes the, well look at your username responses)

Please explain logically why Chambers is worth to WR money.........I'd love to hear it.

I know I'll get bashed for this, but I agree, even though it's outrageous and most likely just a crazy rumor this blockbuster actually does seem somewhat feasible. Just for the sake of having fun with this whole idea..

If Minnesota acquired Chambers and then drafted one of the star WR's in the draft...they could still have a top passing game w/ Culpepper and top TE Kleinsasser. Reports have indicated that MINN has over 30 million in cap space. They could re-do both Ogunleye's and Madison's contracts and add even more help to the defense. And they would be without Moss's antics. I can actually see why the Vikes would want to do this deal.

For Miami, it also makes sense. The defense takes a big hit...but in all reality, we've have a very good defense for years and it hasn't gotten us anywhere. As long as Miami has stars like Taylor, Thomas and Surtain..I don't think their defense will be that bad. If this fantasy deal happened..and Miami restructured Moss's contract, this trade would also free up cap room for Miami to then go after a DE or CB to replace the ones we lost. With Chambers gone, it would make Moss the main weapon in the passing game. Miami could then fix the o-line and still draft a young WR as originally planned. It makes sense.

To bad it won't happen...I love the rumors though :)

Originally posted by Gladsadmad
I know I'll get bashed for this, but I agree, even though it's outrageous and most likely just a crazy rumor this blockbuster actually does seem somewhat feasible. Just for the sake of having fun with this whole idea..

If Minnesota acquired Chambers and then drafted one of the star WR's in the draft...they could still have a top passing game w/ Culpepper and top TE Kleinsasser. Reports have indicated that MINN has over 30 million in cap space. They could re-do both Ogunleye's and Madison's contracts and add even more help to the defense. And they would be without Moss's antics. I can actually see why the Vikes would want to do this deal.

For Miami, it also makes sense. The defense takes a big hit...but in all reality, we've have a very good defense for years and it hasn't gotten us anywhere. As long as Miami has stars like Taylor, Thomas and Surtain..I don't think their defense will be that bad. If this fantasy deal happened..and Miami restructured Moss's contract, this trade would also free up cap room for Miami to then go after a DE or CB to replace the ones we lost. With Chambers gone, it would make Moss the main weapon in the passing game. Miami could then fix the o-line and still draft a young WR as originally planned. It makes sense.

To bad it won't happen...I love the rumors though :)

See I didn't even see the newest article about Chambers being involved. Either way the Vikings get ten times better on D, still have one of the top rushing attacks and can still draft/sign up a WR core with their picks and cap space. We get ten times better on O, still have a solid D with plenty of big names left.........hell maybe it's time we went for more second tier guys to replace the Ogun's, the Madisons..........go after some hardworking guys.

I just hate when people immediately shoot this stuff down when it's being reported from multiple sources.

O-Gun and Madison, I could live with....
O-Gun and Chambers, could also live with....

O-Gun, Madison, and Chambers - Don't like it at all.......
O-Gun, Madison, and picks, wouldn't like this idea very much either...

Ogun Madison Chambers and a pick is WAY too much for Moss.. He is the best WR in the league, but that is still too much..

Plus, the Phins really dont need him in this system.. Chambers can fill the #1 role just fine.. all we need is a compliment for him. With Ricky, Moss is not a neccsity

bottom line is chambers cannot be involved in the trade. If he was, that would leave us right where we are, with one good receiver. Granted Moss is 5 times better than Chambers, but we wouldnt have that 1st rounder to draft someone to put opposite him...

Throwing Chambers in would make it unlikely. Madison, ogun and the 20th makes pretty darn good sense though.

look at it this way...

Ogun is worth a late 1st + late 3rd

Madison is worth, Id say, late 1st as well

then we throw in the 20th...

thats 3 1st rounders, plus a 3rd for Moss. That makes it look a little one sided to me.

Originally posted by Snickersbps
look at it this way...

Ogun is worth a late 1st + late 3rd

Madison is worth, Id say, late 1st as well

then we throw in the 20th...

thats 3 1st rounders, plus a 3rd for Moss. That makes it look a little one sided to me.

We'd never find any takers in a Madison trade......there's too many options available in free agency. So there's no validity to that.

Back
Top Bottom