Merged: Moss trade has all kinds of merit / Is he worth it? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Moss trade has all kinds of merit / Is he worth it?

Also,

Moss may have some "issues" but at least he's not posting crap on his website about his QB like Terrell Owens does, or taking steroids like Barry Bonds, Jeremy Giambi, and BILL ROMANOWSKI, or snorting cocaine like Lawrence Taylor. He have to admit he has been improving his attitude..................

Originally posted by chambers84
Some people may be sick of him, but money talks and thats no lie. Moss makes the money and may the only reason the Vikings are still in Minnesota and not San Antonio.

That may have been in years past..........but the jerseys are sold and fans are disgruntled about him, no doubt about that. The whole fate of the Vikings existence, let alone in Minny, doesn't lay on Randy's shoulders............you're being a bit dramatic.

The fans love Moss..but they also love winning..and they also love defense....the Vikings are missing the defense. Too bad the deal won't happen...but it's a fun rumor.

Vikings | Team Denies Report Of Trading Moss - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 17:57:50 -0800

The St. Paul Pioneer Press reports the Minnesota Vikings have denied a Sporting News report Monday, March 1, that the Vikings are prepared to trade Pro Bowl WR Randy Moss. "Randy Moss is not for sale," Vikings director of football operations Rob Brzezinski said. The Sporting News' report says the Vikings believe it would be better off without Moss and that Moss gave the team a list of teams he wants to play for. "I haven't seen a list," Vikings head coach Mike Tice said. "Trading Randy Moss is not something that anyone is looking to do."

Originally posted by Gladsadmad
The fans love Moss..but they also love winning..and they also love defense....the Vikings are missing the defense. Too bad the deal won't happen...but it's a fun rumor.

You can't undeniably say it won't. I would've said that if you told me they'd trade Portis outta Denver, but obviously I would've been wrong.

ProFootballtalk.com is nuts...

"As we see it, the Vikings might be inclined to part with Moss for a trio of Pro Bowl-caliber defenders (plus some draft picks) "

I don't think so. A trio?..geez..let's make it a quartet while were at it..How about Surtain, Zach, Taylor, Ogunleye and draft picks? That should be enough..hehe

Moss is human right?

Re: Moss trade has all kinds of merit

Originally posted by enigmatics
......... This upcoming draft looks unbelievable with the amount of prospects in the WR department. I don't think we'll ever see these kinds of potentials coming out at the same time ever again. What do you get though with the draft???? You get a giant crapshoot. There's no telling whether the guy you draft will amount to anything.

Now, flash forward to this Moss thing. First off I don't ever want to hear there's absolutely no merit to it. Of course there's merit, in an offseason where in the blink of an eye suddenly Clinton Portis became expendable anything's possible. With the way this offseason has been shaping up, I think we're going to see activity that we haven't seen in the NFL in quite some time.

The trade makes complete sense to me in my eyes. Randy's contract isn't ridiculous at all...... his craziest number is $12 million which would be in 2007, but his contract could be redone as we're seeing with everyone at the moment. The Vikings get 2 players in Madison and Ogunleye who are easily top 10 in their respected positions. I don't care what you facetiously think of Madisons play, he's still one of the top tier CB's. He just unfortunately got the raw end of the deal in our secondary because you cannot throw at Surtain at all and our safeties do not provide great deep over the top protection. And c'mon .......Ogun's 28 sacks of the last 2 seasons isn't an aberration. It's no surprise he benefits from Taylor being on the line too, but in the right scheme where the team has good DT's (ala Kevin Williams and Chris Hovan) to provide run support, he'd be a helluvan upgrade.

We get the best WR in the league..........can't argue that. He's got an attitude problem, no doubt about that either, but can you deny that much talent???? Be honest........ how could you not take an opportunity like him seriously???? Sure we'd lose Ogun....... sure we'd lose Madison.........but in the end it looks like those players were going to be gone anyway. Especially Ogun, you guys know we need those draft picks badly. And we may not even get a 1st and 3rd, but a 1st and 4th??? You know we'd be willing to resign and trade him for that. Madison, well we've all been reading how that contract situation has been playing out........ it isn't......... and we could replace him easily considering how many quality DB's there are on the market. Not every corner out there is going to be getting elite money so let's just admit that.

Best of all, we could still draft one of those young WR's. "But Chambers is our no.1, how are we gonna get the ball to him and Moss?" ...........c'mon man, Chambers ain't no Moss, not even close and as far as it goes Chambers is still a project, QB or not, he has not shown any consistency. If Chambers were to demand a huge contract next year, which he has absolutely nothing to show for that kind of demand, then let him go, because we could have a Reggie Williams or other draft stud waiting to take his place.

This deal has all kinds of merit. Will it go down???? Nobody knows. I hate it when I see people shoot down things like this when it's actually being reported. It would be one thing if it were just some message board rumor...........this one wasn't born in a forum folks.

I agree with what you said - and it was well said. But, there is one factor - that is the Vikings. I don't think they'd take O-gun and Madison straight up. If we dangled those two I think they'd want our #1 pick as well - perhaps even more. I know they'd want at least 1-2 draft picks (not necessary 1st round - but high picks) to go along with Ogun and Mad. That wouldn't make sense. But, I'd do the deal in a second for Madison and O-gun.

I also think Minnesota would be skeptical as anyone about O-gun. That's b/c they inserted Mixon and Bromell into their lineup and those guys stunk. It's why some are skeptical about O-gun, thinking he's a product of our system or of playing opposite Jason Taylor. The Viking fans would never forgive the team if O-gun didn't become a Pro Bowl regular. That is a chance I think they will not be willing to take - just my opinion. But, I'd love it if they did!

I dont want him. Id rather get a reciever in the draft. We have a #1 reciever in Chambers we dont need another #1 guy.We need lineman

With a horrible OL , a mediocre qb (JF) ,an unproven Feely, RW in the backfield ,the ball may never get to Moss and he'll start b*tching.

Chambers will be so much better with an OL. Just get a proven no. 2.

Originally posted by justafan

Chambers will be so much better with an OL. Just get a proven no. 2.

Are you offering us Moulds?:)

Re: Re: Moss trade has all kinds of merit

Originally posted by Da 'Fins

I agree with what you said - and it was well said. But, there is one factor - that is the Vikings. I don't think they'd take O-gun and Madison straight up. If we dangled those two I think they'd want our #1 pick as well - perhaps even more. I know they'd want at least 1-2 draft picks (not necessary 1st round - but high picks) to go along with Ogun and Mad. That wouldn't make sense. But, I'd do the deal in a second for Madison and O-gun.

I also think Minnesota would be skeptical as anyone about O-gun. That's b/c they inserted Mixon and Bromell into their lineup and those guys stunk. It's why some are skeptical about O-gun, thinking he's a product of our system or of playing opposite Jason Taylor. The Viking fans would never forgive the team if O-gun didn't become a Pro Bowl regular. That is a chance I think they will not be willing to take - just my opinion. But, I'd love it if they did!

Yeah, like Mixon and Bromell both led the AFC in sacks. :rolleyes:

I can't believe how much people are willing to salvage for ONE damn player! This IS NOT MADDEN! Getting rid of Chambers, Ogun and Madison and picks for ONE player is way over the top.

Even if Moss is the top WR in the league, his contribution to the team would not be worth the sum of the contributions from the players and/or prospective picks we may give up. THAT is the bottom line there.
The Randy Moss show is nice to watch, but it won't guarantee you a superbowl if you give up so many of your own top players to get that golden ticket to see him in aqua and orange.

Originally posted by zachseau13

Are you offering us Moulds?:)
:roflmao: Funny.

I said Chambers will be so much better. I didn't say he'd be an elite. :lol:

For my 2 cents...

I've read the report which have a combo of Chambers OGun and Maddison to the Vikes and possible picks and I don't think any combination of two players plus picks is a sensible deal for us. O-gun is an extra first to us if he gets an appropriate deal. Chambers is a very good first receiver at a very affordable price. We need help elsewhere (and unless were planning to become a pass first offense then I don't think we can make Moss happy anyway (I was suprised that we might be on his list of possible trade partners from a pure football perspective - maybe it's the low tax high incidence of totty aspect that appeals)?

I don't like this idea at all, much as I respect the player. The few drops that we get from Chambers are tolerable (if you compare TO) and he does more to delight than to depair us. He needs a partner not a replacement, in my view. He also needs a credable QB. Time will tell if he gets a shot at that and whether the Feeley gamble is a winner.

Espn has it reported too.....although I can't read the article since it's a paid site.

I thought the talks were just for Ogun and Madison.

Back
Top Bottom