Merged: NORV's Gone/Raiders Name Norv Turner New Head Coach | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: NORV's Gone/Raiders Name Norv Turner New Head Coach

Oh well, goodbye 23rd ranked offense.

Have fun with the Oakland Social Security Collectors Norv.

Anyone else think the 2 year cycle we have on our O coorinators have anything to do with our lack of offensive success?

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
I love Britney Spears :tongue:
It's all hype. I can walk into a local Wal-Mart and point out 5 chicks that are as hot as Britney or hotter. I did it yesterday. :) Seriously.

Originally posted by dusty_hog
Have fun with the Oakland Social Security Collectors Norv.

And Al "Dracula" Davis; the "original" meddlesome owner. What a whack job. You'd have thought Norv would have learned his lesson at Wash with Snyder.

Glad he's gone, maybe he takes Fiedler with him. No more sideline lob passes on 3rd and 3.

Originally posted by phinphanphrommi
Anyone else think the 2 year cycle we have on our O coorinators have anything to do with our lack of offensive success?

I think that has a lot to do with it. It takes time for these guys to learn a "system".

"It's all hype. I can walk into a local Wal-Mart and point out 5 chicks that are as hot as Britney or hotter. I did it yesterday. Seriously."

OK, you take the 5 "wal-mart hotties" (and all that come with them) and give me Britney (and all that comes with her) and we will call it even.

Good riddance Norvy old boy. I was tired of your running when we should pass and passing when we should run any damn ways. Have fun with your sorry old men out in Oakland. Who to bring in, I have no idea if fassel won't do it. Marino 's first test will be a good one.

Originally posted by CarolinaFishFan
"It's all hype. I can walk into a local Wal-Mart and point out 5 chicks that are as hot as Britney or hotter. I did it yesterday. Seriously."

OK, you take the 5 "wal-mart hotties" (and all that come with them) and give me Britney (and all that comes with her) and we will call it even.
I don't know where you're from, but I live in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area. If you've ever been here, you'd know what I'm talking about.

I know CO84 would back me up on that too. He's in Miami. He knows the deal. :D Don't you, CO?

She is one hot mofo though. I'm not denying that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reported on ESPN

This was on ESPN. Don't know if this was already mentioned but...

ESPN.com news services
The Oakland Raiders ended their month-long search for a new coach Monday by coming to an agreement with Dolphins offensive coordinator Norv Turner, league and Dolphins sources have told ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli.

Man I really can't help but see the positive side of this...

1. New OC with a new game plan. If its our current RBs coach, he's already familiar with the system and may bring a renewed motivation to the offensive scheme. The guy's obviously not a 'tard else he wouldn't be coaching NFL RBs....give it a chance.

2. Rebuilding year while still winning at least 8 games imo. Super Bowl? Was there really a chance anyway with Wannstadt still here? I think not personally. This may hopefully finally lead to Dave going bye bye, and with Crennel and Weis staying in New England (because all the HC jobs are full), this gives us a shot at either one of them next year or another HC. I really don't think we'll have to wait until Feb 05 to talk to them either ;).

3. Use 2004 as a get-young year. Do whatever possible to land as many draft picks as possible and maybe not sweat the FA market heavily. Have to ensure we shore up the Oline regardless to keep our QBs from dying.

Either way I look at this as Wanny's final year with the Dolphins...unless he were to shock everybody in the world (even the MOST optimistic Dolphins fans) and get to/win the SB. I've never had faith in Wanny's intestinal fortitude, and never will. The guy is a stress case waiting to explode. Too many other coaches in the league present a stoic charisma and it shows in their team's play.........we could use some of that.

I just posted this on another thread:

ESPN.com news services
The Oakland Raiders ended their month-long search for a new coach Monday by coming to an agreement with Dolphins offensive coordinator Norv Turner, league and Dolphins sources have told ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli.

Norv was a disappointment to me. I thought he might have been our most significant pick up when he signed on. He turned out to be gutless and predictable. Believe me I took a lot af abuse from my boys after I spoke so highly on him and then we took a crap on Offense for two years for the most part. So~so long Norv...................and dont let the doooor knob hiiiit ya where the good lord sho nuff spliiiiiit ya!

The right man is already there, Marc Trestman. With Trestman opposing defenses won't know exactly what were going to do before we even do it He is VERY bright and all we need to do now is surround him with some talent. Let's get Brunell and groom Rivers behind him. Then concentrate on the O-Line and a star reciever opposite Cris Chambers.

Back
Top Bottom