Merged: NORV's Gone/Raiders Name Norv Turner New Head Coach | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: NORV's Gone/Raiders Name Norv Turner New Head Coach

She is all hype. Everyone has a bad day but damn......this day is SOOO off for her.

She's a fakie though, a pretty face with a decent voice. Did anyone know she can't sing and dance at the same time? honest, she sings some in her concerts, but not when shes' dancing, those are lip synced :)

clear.gif

Originally posted by BSQX4
The right man is already there, Marc Trestman. With Trestman opposing defenses won't know exactly what were going to do before we even do it He is VERY bright and all we need to do now is surround him with some talent. Let's get Brunell and groom Rivers behind him. Then concentrate on the O-Line and a star reciever opposite Cris Chambers.

Not according to at least one article this am:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...an26,0,4929431.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

"While they don't want to lose Turner, the Dolphins have designated running backs coach Joel Collier as the leading contender to become offensive coordinator.

The running game has provedthe best aspect of the offense in Turner's tenure, as the team has ranked 26th in passing the past two seasons. The 311 points scored in 2003 is the franchise's lowest figure in a 16-game season since 1980.

Collier, 41, has 10 years of NFL coaching experience and has worked with running backs for six seasons.

Mike Shula, quarterbacks coach until being named coach at the University of Alabama in May, wanted Collier to be the Crimson Tide's offensive coordinator. Collier decided to stay and was given more responsibilities on offense, helping Turner coach the quarterbacks.

The Dolphins hired two position coaches who were offensive coordinators last season -- Marc Trestman (Oakland) and Jerry Sullivan (Arizona). But the Dolphins are believed to want Trestman and Sullivan to work solely with quarterbacks and wide receivers respectively."

One thing I think this DOES impact is the hunt for Brunell -- Norv was a driving force in bringing him to Miami, and now by all accounts will be pushing hard to bring him to Oakland. If he's a Vet we were interested in, the pool just got a little murky.

Is Marc Trestman or whoever the guy who everyone was saying was MORE than qualified for the job?? As OC, or WR coach?? I know it was one of the 2.

He was unoriginal in his play calling and the defenses around the league figured him out easy.

He is a good QB coach though.

It will be interesting because Norv steps into a position in Oakland without a good QB so we'll see if all this lookin for a QB stuff here in Miami has rubbed off on him.

Would be the end-all be-all of irony if Norv traded out of the 2nd pick to trade down and grab Rivers out from under us.

I'm bummed out by this news. Contrary to popular opinion Norv is an excellent offensive coordinator. But an excellent RB, a good WR and an ok TE do not make an offense run. His QB was bad (i'm tired of hearing 'average for NFL QB' attached to Fiedler, because 'average' means a way below average starting QB...so just say it, Fiedler is a way below average starter in the league). His OL was horrendous. Even Ricky had some ups and downs. With the OL playing so badly it negated a lot of Randy McMichael's and Rob Konrads' potentials. With Fiedler not able to find timing with Derrius Thompson it allowed defenses to focus on and contain Chambers (sometimes heh).

Norv is still one of the top play-callers in this league. But all I can thnk of with him leaving and a guy like Collier coming in his place with the same playbook, but not Norv's ability to call a game, is oh boy...here comes Kippy Brown all over again. Kippy ran an offense very similar to Norv's but didn't have Norv's talent for play-calling.

I'd almost rather assure that we draft Rivers, let Trestman be the OC and make the conversion to the WCO right now while our QB is still learning...don't have him learn a dead system under a lame duck OC then have to learn a whole other offense down the road. At least with Trestman installing a WCO, if we end up gettin rid of Trestman we can just get another WCO coordinator.

If I'm not mistaken Trestman was OC for the 49ers in 1995...and isn't that the year they won the super bowl? I know their offense was a league best that year...think it might have been the year Young was slingin it to Rice and Garrison Hearst was god.

He also OC'd the top offense in 2002, went to the Super Bowl. Now I know people figured out that offense in '03, but you gotta admit all around the board none of the players played the same as they did in '02 and it was bound to happen with the senior citizens in that offense.

Its a wonder Trestman got them to produce what they did. It might not be the OC that teams figured out, might have been the players. They knew you could bump Jerry and Tim Brown at the LOS and make them a whole lot less threatening...and wasn't Porter injured for a good amount of time? Gannon certainly showed his age.

Yes he did run the 95 O. Proof that a WCO can use a RB well.

This is a huge loss for the Phins. Huge. Turner is an outstanding coordinator. He just had crappy talent the last two years.

It will be interesting to see the Raiders become a vertical offense next year. So used to seeing them in that West Coast scheme.

Originally posted by Dolfan954

I know CO84 would back me up on that too. He's in Miami. He knows the deal. :D Don't you, CO?

You damn straight! Miami is the HOME of the chocolate divas! Miami and ATL..

If you live in Miami(305) and you don't have a fine girl, then you ugly.. :D

Trestman was an assistant on a Canes title winner, he knows the Miami vibe...CK nailed the problem, age and injuries hurt his chances... porter was the vertical man without him teams loaded up on short passes, Gannon couldnt throw deep well (or Mirer) and the O line was too hurt to make spread runs work. When the team went standard we ran well but got no pass game with people daring to make either rice or brown beat them deep and rotating the safeties onto Porter (when he got to play).

Norv took the Zampesi vertical game and mixed with some west coast control sets, Tresmant took west coast spread and was integrating vertical passes last year... similar schemes last year with different styles/emphasis behind them, exact same results: dissappointment.
Both teams need a trrigger man to make it work, Dan has his position coach to start anew.... Good Luck!

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

You damn straight! Miami is the HOME of the chocolate divas! Miami and ATL..

If you live in Miami(305) and you don't have a fine girl, then you ugly.. :D

:yes: Yeah, I was walking through Wal-Mart and those...umm...ladies had me turning my head so many times that I forgot what I went in there for. :D :whew:

Back
Top Bottom