MERGED: Official NHL Thread | Page 36 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Official NHL Thread

All I've got to say is

GO REDWINGS!!!!! :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :D

dominizzo said:
These Habs are serious I think they can make it to the Finals

They're the prototype new NHL team. Small, skilled and fun to watch. Unfortunately, I think they'll have some problems in the playoffs for a couple reasons:

1) Theodore. Very fragile. He'll look good for 2 games and look like André Red Light Racicot the next night. Susceptible to bad goals especially at home.

2) Can they pull it together when to going gets rough ? This is a very small team and I worry they might have problems in the playoffs fighting through checks.

3) Most importantly, they have not proven they are capable of soundly beating the Eastern conference heavyweights such as Sens and Flyers. IMO those 2 are the Eastern favorites and I don't like the Habs chances against either.

spotlight on: kyle wellwood

this kid is exciting and has great offensive skills - actually it's been nice seeing the leafs utilizing some younger players for a change including at times an all kid line of wellwood, stajan, steen

bryan mccabe is my vote so far for the norris trophy

alexander ovechkin who absolutely was a leaf killer the last 2 back to back games against toronto, is absolutely amazing - he has such a quick release and a deadly shot - that kid is money...

thank god for nhl ticket on my cable system - with the help of tivo, i haven't missed a a leafs game yet this year - next up buffalo and montreal...

d-day said:

this kid is exciting and has great offensive skills - actually it's been nice seeing the leafs utilizing some younger players for a change including at times an all kid line of wellwood, stajan, steen

alexander ovechkin who absolutely was a leaf killer the last 2 back to back games against toronto, is absolutely amazing - he has such a quick release and a deadly shot - that kid is money...

thank god for nhl ticket on my cable system - with the help of tivo, i haven't missed a a leafs game yet this year - next up buffalo and montreal...

Wellwood sucks

Joni Pitkanen lifts the Flyers over the Bruins on Tuesday....great to see the Flyers replaced their team of veterans with a mix of veterans and quality young talent. Dont be suprised if you see the Orange and Black in the finals.

d-day said:

D-day, how has Kronwall looked since being called up ? Surely better than Belak but what's your take on him ?

Pink_Dove said:
D-day, how has Kronwall looked since being called up ? Surely better than Belak but what's your take on him ?

he looked pretty good - they had him paired up with carlos colaiacovo - another all-kid pairing except they dumped carlos back to the minors even though he scored his first goal - the move is supposed to be a financial one - even though he only makes 450k, shipping him down to the minors saves the team money in case they want to bring him back up for fridays game against buffalo - there's gonna be an odd man out however, the leafs have to choose 2 between carlos, kronwall and belak - personally i like the all-kid pairing - btw, the leafs are so impressed with alexander steen, they moved him up to the front line with sundin

new lines:

steen, sundin, jeff oneil
antropov, lindros, tucker
allison, wellwood, ponikarovsky
stajan, kilger, domi

d-day said:
new lines:

steen, sundin, jeff oneil
antropov, lindros, tucker
allison, wellwood, ponikarovsky
stajan, kilger, domi

Steen has looked great, and should be even more productive on that line. Glad to have sundin back, he has 6 points in his 3 games back. I want them to move stajan up though, maybe switch him and antropov(who sadly will be hurt in about a week anyway) we need to see if we can trade him for some D help since kabs and mccabe play 29 minutes a game. Also good thing ovechkin doesn't play in our division he killed us the past two games with 4 goals.

GO LEAFS GO!

The young Phantom players again come through for the Flyers, as Patrick Sharp notches 2 goals. Jeff Carter notches a goal and 2 assists and Antero Nittymaki makes 38 saves on 40 shots. It's all starting to come together as the Flyers win their 8th straight home game....Florida Panthers @ Philly on saturday, going to be tough to put the puck by Luongo but i like our odds at home.

Darth Saban said:
Joni Pitkanen lifts the Flyers over the Bruins on Tuesday....great to see the Flyers replaced their team of veterans with a mix of veterans and quality young talent. Dont be suprised if you see the Orange and Black in the finals.

I am still pissed, 2 days later about that game.

Then the Bruins come out and **** the bed against the Senators...:fire:.

d-day said:

I feel sorry for you....(j/k):tongue:

unifiedtheory said:
I feel sorry for you....(j/k):tongue:

nothing worse than watching your team lose... :cry: - i hate buffalo :club: next up montreal...

Back
Top Bottom