MERGED: Official NHL Thread | Page 89 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Official NHL Thread

Huet has as much of a chance at winning the Vezina as I do.

He's been great, but didn't Boucher do similiar things at one point?

Crisis said:

Dont look now but Miika Kipprusoff is making a push for the Vezina... Maybe even Toskala :lol:

djfresh47 said:
I think Dallas to come out of the west. I think it'll come down to Buffalo vs Ottawa in the east. Nothing would make me happier than to see Hasek lose to the Sabres in the playoffs.

A Dallas/Buffalo Cup final with a Buffalo win would be sweet redemption. We've lost 3 times to Dallas teams in championships and "no goal" screwed us so it would be great to beat them for the Cup.

This thread is being overflooded with Sabres fans. :baghead: :tantrum:

Even though, Lindy and his crew have impressed the heck out of me this year, they might be peaking too early. That's one of my hockey theories that works every single year. You've got to peak at the right time or else you're cooked. Tampa really peaked during the last weeks of the season which enabled them to dismantle the Isles and Habs in short series (respectively 5 and 4 games needed). Then when it got down to the wire against the Flyers they had more gas in the tank and won that 7th game.

Another reason, you won't see me bet on the Sabres is because of the kid between the pipes. As good as he is, he's still as green as grass when it comes to the playoffs, so unless he pulls a Patrick Roy, it'll be hard for the Sabres to win it all. The good news for the Sabres is that 3/4's of the Eastern conference goalies are new to the playoffs. I still wouldn't look forward to facing Hasek or Brodeur.

Nevertheless, I'm pretty sure the Sabres won't go as far as most of you are predicting. Will make for some interesting playoffs and matchups though.

Pink_Dove said:
This thread is being overflooded with Sabres fans. :baghead: :tantrum:

Even though, Lindy and his crew have impressed the heck out of me this year, they might be peaking too early. That's one of my hockey theories that works every single year. You've got to peak at the right time or else you're cooked. Tampa really peaked during the last weeks of the season which enabled them to dismantle the Isles and Habs in short series (respectively 5 and 4 games needed). Then when it got down to the wire against the Flyers they had more gas in the tank and won that 7th game.

Another reason, you won't see me bet on the Sabres is because of the kid between the pipes. As good as he is, he's still as green as grass when it comes to the playoffs, so unless he pulls a Patrick Roy, it'll be hard for the Sabres to win it all. The good news for the Sabres is that 3/4's of the Eastern conference goalies are new to the playoffs. I still wouldn't look forward to facing Hasek or Brodeur.

Nevertheless, I'm pretty sure the Sabres won't go as far as most of you are predicting. Will make for some interesting playoffs and matchups though.

The Sabres have peaked all year. They've had a couple rough spells, but I believe they have the best record in the league by like 6 points in the last 45 or 46 games.

Their play has been consistently good this year.

Who knows if Haske will be healthy in the playoffs- and then you have Nitty, Lundqvist, Huet, and Grahame/Burke in the East, not including Broduer. If Hasek isn't ready to go Emery will get shelled. The only team that has the experience advantage in the East is the Devils.

After a rocky spell before the Olympic break, the Sens are back at full throttle. Anyone thinking a tea mother than Ottawa comes out of the East is dreaming. Sens/Wings final.

After a rocky spell before the Olympic break, the Sens are back at full throttle. Anyone thinking a team other than Ottawa comes out of the East is dreaming. Sens/Wings final.

Crisis said:
The Sabres have peaked all year. They've had a couple rough spells, but I believe they have the best record in the league by like 6 points in the last 45 or 46 games.

Their play has been consistently good this year.

Who knows if Haske will be healthy in the playoffs- and then you have Nitty, Lundqvist, Huet, and Grahame/Burke in the East, not including Broduer. If Hasek isn't ready to go Emery will get shelled. The only team that has the experience advantage in the East is the Devils.

When I say peaking, I mean winning 6 or 7 games in a row like they're doing right now. The Sabres have not done that all season or else they'd be the number 1 seed in the East right now.

I also think NJ isn't the only one with an experience advantage in nets. As I mentioned Ottawa if Hasek is healthy and TB with Sean Burke (been in the league since '87) between the pipes and almost the same team that won the Cup in '04. Not saying it's a prerequisite to winning the cup, but apart from Drury, Numminen, Lydman and Mckee do the Sabres have any extensive playoff experience ?

Crisis said:

:hmmm: Never thought you could be Henrik Lundqvist or Miika Kiprusoff.

It's basically a 3 horse race between Lundqvist, Huet and Kiprusoff. Hasek would've also been a candidate, unfortunately he's on the IR.

Lundqvist would be my favourite but Dom is right, Huet's really pushing him right now. To show you how close it is, Huet ranks 1st with a .928 SV% while Lundqvist is 2nd with a .927 SV% :eek:

I doubt they give the Vezina to a guy thats played 24 games.

The Sabres aren't a "hot" team anymore. They've had huge winning streaks without Briere, Dumont, Mair, Miller.

The only peak the Sabres will reach is when Kalinin can get his game together, if he does our blueline with Miller/Biron in net is just nasty.

Back
Top Bottom