MERGED: Official NHL Thread | Page 91 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Official NHL Thread

The Sabres win again and Miller rebounds from two awful performances to play lights-out vs the Laughs. Ottawa dominated Buffalo early in the year but last time they played it was a great game, hopefully saturday will be another great game with the Sabres winning again. Daniel Briere has 17 points in 9 games since being back from injury and Kalinin seems to be coming into form; Regier did the right thing in not trading Biron because getting Briere/Kalinin/Connolly back was probably better than any move they could've made.

djfresh47 said:
The Sabres win again and Miller rebounds from two awful performances to play lights-out vs the Laughs. Ottawa dominated Buffalo early in the year but last time they played it was a great game, hopefully saturday will be another great game with the Sabres winning again. Daniel Briere has 17 points in 9 games since being back from injury and Kalinin seems to be coming into form; Regier did the right thing in not trading Biron because getting Briere/Kalinin/Connolly back was probably better than any move they could've made.

the leafs had a great chance too - first a 4 minute and then a 2 minute advantage with 6 minutes left - darcy tucker almost had the tying goal but missed - break for leafs fans: montreal, and ny islanders lost but atalnta won - i think telly can handle the load for the leafs - such is life as a leafs fan...

d-day said:
the leafs had a great chance too - first a 4 minute and then a 2 minute advantage with 6 minutes left - darcy tucker almost had the tying goal but missed - break for leafs fans: montreal, and ny islanders lost but atalnta won - i think telly can handle the load for the leafs - such is life as a leafs fan...

Did you see the save Miller had on Tucker, it was with a man advantage he went side to side and robbed him? It was a big game for Miller because he did struggle the past two games he played and Biron played well his last two times out there and it atleast brought up questions about who should start saturday.

:nublar: :nublar: :nublar: :nublar:

:alert: SABRES/SENATORS FOR THE DIVISION LEAD ON SATURDAY!!! :alert:

:woot:

Sabres vs Senators for division lead today. Let's hope it's as good as the last time they played and Buffalo won in a shootout.

Ottawa wins 4-2. Ryan Miller was unbelievable and kept Buffalo in the game and Ray Emery was not very good. Ottawa dominated the first two periods and it was a pretty good game; I think Ottawa is the best team in the league but if they don't have Hasek back they're not going to the finals. Both teams took alot of dumb penalties and I think Buffalo really missed Connolly and Hecht tonite, Ruff was looking for any combination of forwards to put pressure on Ottawa. Buffalo looked overmatched in the first two periods but they were still in the game because Ryan Miller.

HiOctaneBills said:
Buffalo allowed way too many shots.

Miller had like 45 saves or so and the Sabres were being outshot like 34-9 going into the 3rd which showed how dominant the Senators were to that point. I think the Sabres got caught playing the Senators game for the first two periods and we're being dominated. Afinogenov and Briere played well offensively and seemed to give Ottawa trouble and as good as Buffalo's special teams have been all year Ottawa is too talented to be consistenly fighting off penalties. I've been a big Connolly supporter all season while he has dissapointed in the past he is the guy who needs to be healthy for Buffalo to have the "four 1st lines" as someone from Philly put it. I think he's the type of guy who will give Ottawa trouble and is a key contributor on special teams. It's one loss and they play the Sens 3 more times this year I believe, but without him I don't think they can beat Ottawa. Ottawa IMO is the best team in the league regardless of what Carolina/Detroit do; without Hasek they're very beatable Emery was shaky all night and without Hasek Ottawa is vulnerable.

leafs win 1-0 tonight on a penalty shot - chad kilger has impressed me this year - more and more tellqvist looks like he can be the man for the job

Back
Top Bottom