MERGED: Official NHL Thread | Page 98 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Official NHL Thread

Pink_Dove said:
7-0 :chuckle:

Seriously if Ruff has any sense in him and I mean ANY at all, he won't start a cat and mouse game with the Leafs. Send Peters out to purposely injure Tucker and you're asking for trouble especially when your lineup is stacked with softies like Briere and Afinogenov. With nothing to lose guys like Belak and Domi (who BTW is 20 times dirtier than Tucker) will start teeing off and take heads off. They've done it before and they certainly won't hesitate to do it again...I can assure you that.
That circus is the last thing the Sabres need heading into the playoff. You need to be fresh and healthy, that won't happen if you put goons in like Peters to start some trouble.

clear.gif

Crisis said:

:rolleyes: Meanwhile Miller is 1-5-1 in his last 7 games. OTT, CAR, OTT, BOS, NYR, BOS and TOR.

BTW Allan Muir had a nice tidbit on today :D

There are a lot of reasons to get behind the Sabres and their impressive performance this season, but Daniel Briere isn't one of them. Although he's enjoying a career year offensively (50 points in 41 games), he's also built a rep as the league's premier diver. Seeing how easily he goes down to the ice makes me hope that he lives in a single-story home -- his legs clearly aren't sturdy enough to carry his 175-pound bulk up a flight of stairs. And listening to him whine about the hit by Toronto's Darcy Tucker on Jochen Hecht was pretty ironic, considering that he was just coming off a two-game suspension for high sticking Brian Leetch in the head. Hard to be that talented and that unlikable, but Briere manages it nicely.

You wish you had a captain like Mats. Here's a nice one for you :D

Dal_buf1-1.jpg

Have you seen who Toronto has in net? I wouldn't be pulling shots at Miller...No one on the Leafs roster can even carry our backup's jockstrap.

Briere's highstick was more careless than intentional. Briere is also tiny. He's a great player, but when you have the physical limitations like him, you tend to fall faster.

Tucker has tried to injure 2 players in about a week. He's pathetic. Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing him or Ruutu get a career ending injury. I don't say that about anyone else.

The only ones who have been whining about Briere are Bruin fans and some Leaf fans. Then again, what DON'T Leaf fans whine about?

Oh, and I found this stat...(Prior to the last 2 Buff-Toronto games)

Toronto is 4-14-3 in Buffalo since 1996.

I would take Drury over Sundin on the current Sabres roster. Drury is one of the most clutch players alive, and he fits this team to a T.

Nothing like pissing off a Leafs player and then getting hit in the back of the head.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/instigator/gfx/2005-2006/fraud.html

Crisis said:
Have you seen who Toronto has in net? I wouldn't be pulling shots at Miller...No one on the Leafs roster can even carry our backup's jockstrap.

Briere's highstick was more careless than intentional. Briere is also tiny. He's a great player, but when you have the physical limitations like him, you tend to fall faster.

Tucker has tried to injure 2 players in about a week. He's pathetic. Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing him or Ruutu get a career ending injury. I don't say that about anyone else.

The only ones who have been whining about Briere are Bruin fans and some Leaf fans. Then again, what DON'T Leaf fans whine about?

Oh, and I found this stat...(Prior to the last 2 Buff-Toronto games)

Toronto is 4-14-3 in Buffalo since 1996.

I would take Drury over Sundin on the current Sabres roster. Drury is one of the most clutch players alive, and he fits this team to a T.

Nothing like pissing off a Leafs player and then getting hit in the back of the head.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/instigator/gfx/2005-2006/fraud.html

Ryan Miller's solid but those numbers and the fact that Ruff can't decide who's your true number 1 aren't reassuring me if I'm a Sabres fan and the playoffs are around the corner. The Sabres havn't exactly been stout defensively recently. Just pointing that out.

On Briere 'When you have the physical limitations like him, you tend to fall faster.' Briere's a flopper, and it's not because of his size. I've yet to see other tiny players such as Andy Mcdonald, Pierre-Marc Bouchard or Paul Kariya doing theatre.

If Tucker was pathetic he would've been out of this league 10 years ago. He's a guy everybody would like on his team, he scores, he hits, he fights and he plays with heart. He also occasionally loses his mind which lead him to do stupid things but when under control, he's a quality player.

Whining about Briere ? Dude, you were the one whining against Tucker in the first place.

As clutch as Drury is, I'd think with the way Sundin has played recently (again best player tonight) you'd be in the strong minority if you were to choose Drury over him.

Anyway no point in dragging this along. I don't want to turn this into a Sabres-Leafs thread (even though it seems 3/4 of the active members are for one or the other) so I'll stop posting on the subject but you got me going.

unifiedtheory said:
Tucker is one of the reasons the "Instigating" penalty HAS to be gotten rid of...that won't evet happen as long as non-hockey fan suits are running the league.

If the instigating rule did'nt exist Tucker would'nt have run Hecht. He would have gotten his *** kicked so many times over the last 5 years that he would'nt play like he does.

As long as the instigating rule is around though we'll continue to see players like Tucker, Avery and Jarko Ruutu run around cheap shotting everything that walks because they know there are no consequences. Before Gary Bettman these players did'nt exist unless they were ready to fight every night, not turtle like they do...

I'd put Kasparitis on that list also. Buffalo beats Ottawa tonite in OT. I still think Ottawa is the "team to beat," but with Ray Emery I don't believe that they're unbeatable in a 7 game series.

I'm glad to see we have some dillusional Leaf fans in the house (not talking about you D-Day...:wink:)

When exactly was the last time the Leafs did a damn thing? They have not won their conferance in almost 40 years....FOURTY YEARS!

Before Leaf fans start talking about other teams playoff mis-fortune or laughing about teams struggling down the stretch I think they should look at THEIR team.

Tucker CHEAPSHOTS people, then DIVES after retaliation! And gets away with it ALL the time.

It's pathetic that people still defend him.

Oh, and against about that article. Allan Muir is HUGE Bruins homer. The guy said Tim Thomas was the best American goalie awhile back. (During Miller's great run, and hell even Grahame had a good stretch at that time)
Allan Muir is just a pissed off Bruins fan tired of getting beat by the Sabres. Of course, no offense to Unified, he seems to be a cool B fan.

I don't even know how Miller got into this discussion.

Pink_Dove said:
You wish you had a captain like Mats. Here's a nice one for you :D

Check out that foot in the crease! I remember that game, it should have never ended like that!

Dolfan1034 said:
Check out that foot in the crease! I remember that game, it should have never ended like that!

I was at that game, sitting behind that net. :( :boohoo:

unifiedtheory said:
I'm glad to see we have some dillusional Leaf fans in the house (not talking about you D-Day...:wink:)

When exactly was the last time the Leafs did a damn thing? They have not won their conferance in almost 40 years....FOURTY YEARS!

Before Leaf fans start talking about other teams playoff mis-fortune or laughing about teams struggling down the stretch I think they should look at THEIR team.

Whatever man. Your proud franchise hasn't even made it to the conference finals in the last 15 years. Not even the Stanley Cup finals. All they've been doing is choking against the Habs in the 1st round. Meanwhile we've been there as recently as 2002, so we've certainly done a lot more in the last 15 years than your Bruins.:rolleyes:

And I've looked at my own team. The Leafs are in bad shape, but that doesn't mean I can't comment on the Sabres. I've already expressed my discontent with them, I'm not one to whine constantly about the Leafs misfortunes or the direction their heading in. We're basically out of the playoffs so let's look at the contenders which the Sabres are. Since we've got a wide contingent of Sabres fan, there would be no point in talking about the Flyers or Hurricanes because their would be no debate. I'm just trying to give an opposite POV to the Ruff for coach of the year or Tucker should have a career injury talk, if you don't want to see it then don't read.

Pink_Dove said:
Whatever man. Your proud franchise hasn't even made it to the conference finals in the last 15 years. Not even the Stanley Cup finals. All they've been doing is choking against the Habs in the 1st round. Meanwhile we've been there as recently as 2002, so we've certainly done a lot more in the last 15 years than your Bruins.:rolleyes:

And I've looked at my own team. The Leafs are in bad shape, but that doesn't mean I can't comment on the Sabres. I've already expressed my discontent with them, I'm not one to whine constantly about the Leafs misfortunes or the direction their heading in. We're basically out of the playoffs so let's look at the contenders which the Sabres are. Since we've got a wide contingent of Sabres fan, there would be no point in talking about the Flyers or Hurricanes because their would be no debate. I'm just trying to give an opposite POV to the Ruff for coach of the year or Tucker should have a career injury talk, if you don't want to see it then don't read.

There's no such thing as a conversation with Flyer fans. All you get back is dumb one-liners from some drunk guy.

Pink_Dove said:
Since 1990 (15 season period):

Boston Bruins

Playoff Appearences:12
Series Won:9
Conference Final Appearences:3
Stanley Cup Appearences:1

Maple Leafs

Playoff Appearences:11
Series Won:10
Conference Final Appearences:4
Stanley Cup Appearences:0

What were you saying about doing a LOT more then the Bruins? Seems to me they are pretty similiar. I can freely admit the Bruins are a wreck...this is what happens when bad ownership runs wild.

Back
Top Bottom