Series Won:9
Conference Final Appearences:3
Stanley Cup Appearences:1

Maple Leafs

Playoff Appearences:11
Series Won:10
Conference Final Appearences:4
Stanley Cup Appearences:0

What were you saying about doing a LOT more then the Bruins? Seems to me they are pretty similiar. I can freely admit the Bruins are a wreck...this is what happens when bad ownership runs wild.

You snuck in that 1989-1990 team in there.:wink:
I didn't count them in because we're in 2006 and so 1990 was 16 years ago. But I guess if you could make a point that we haven't reached May 24 yet so it's like 15 years and 11 months.

Anyway save that controversial year, I'd think those are mirror images.
So how can you say '' When exactly was the last time the Leafs did a damn thing? ''. The Leafs have been as good as the Bruins in the last 15 years and far better in the last 5. We were a game away from being in the Stanley Cup finals as recently as the 2000-2001 season meanwhile the last time the Bruins came that close was during that 1989-1990 seasons when Moog, Neely and Bourque led you guys all the way...

Anyway you guys might pull it out tonight. :(

great game - saw it on the ticket tonight - leafs were lucky to pull out that point - leafs need an overhaul no doubt but realistically what i like about what's happening right now is we're getting to see a bit of the future of the team with all call-ups and youngins that are getting playing time - i would much rather it be this way then riding the vets to an early playoff exit had they made the last spot - i want paul maurice in charge next year - he is a good teacher, knows the kids the best which is the future of the team and has done a great job with them with the marlies especially steen, stajan, wellwood, kronwall, white, bell and colaiacovo - the leafs have 2 goalies on the rise: justin pogge and tuukka rask - the future is there, they just need to get rid of the past starting with quinn...

Crisis said:
There's no such thing as a conversation with Flyer fans. All you get back is dumb one-liners from some drunk guy.

As bad as Buffalo has been I think playing the Flyers or the Rangers would be to their advantage in the 1st round. I think the NHL playoffs are very unpredictable but I don't think Philly can skate with Buffalo, the Rangers would be a tough series and probably fun to watch but I still think the Sabres are the better team. Regardless of what team your a fan of, NHL playoff hockey in the past has been soo much better than the regular season and every mistake is scrutinized that i'm pumped to see some playoff games regardless of who plays. I still think the NHL has a long way to go but I have always watched playoff hockey regardless of the team and now that my hometown team is in it for the first time in a few years it gives me more reason to watch all the games.

I'll worry about the Flyers when they get a defense.

I don't know how many times the Sabres have made Desjardins a pylon.

Crisis said:
I'll worry about the Flyers when they get a defense.

I don't know how many times the Sabres have made Desjardins a pylon.

As crazy as this might of sounded to a person before the Olympic break, I really have no problem with Marty in goal even during the playoffs. Miller has struggled besides the Ottawa game few weeks back so if Marty is the hot goaltender I think the team should play him. I do realize that Miller is the future, but if Marty is playing better I think he should start. It's not as if their is a huge dropoff between one or the other. I think a case can be made that Biron is the team MVP. I would love to see Miller regain the form that he had earlier in the year but if he doesn't it's a great thing to know that Marty is very capable.

d-day said:
great game - saw it on the ticket tonight - leafs were lucky to pull out that point - leafs need an overhaul no doubt but realistically what i like about what's happening right now is we're getting to see a bit of the future of the team with all call-ups and youngins that are getting playing time - i would much rather it be this way then riding the vets to an early playoff exit had they made the last spot - i want paul maurice in charge next year - he is a good teacher, knows the kids the best which is the future of the team and has done a great job with them with the marlies especially steen, stajan, wellwood, kronwall, white, bell and colaiacovo - the leafs have 2 goalies on the rise: justin pogge and tuukka rask - the future is there, they just need to get rid of the past starting with quinn...

I'm with you man. Of all the young guys, Steen, Wellwood and Cola get a lot of press but my favourite is Ian White. Him and Luke Richardson have been the Leafs best defensive pairing IMO since he's been called up. MCcabe's actually been very bland in the last few weeks and just looks disinterested.
I also think you need to get that situation in net fixed until Pogge or Rask are ready (2/3 years). There's been talk about taking a flyer on Raycroft. Legace is an UFA also. We'll see.

Pink_Dove said:
You snuck in that 1989-1990 team in there.:wink:
I didn't count them in because we're in 2006 and so 1990 was 16 years ago. But I guess if you could make a point that we haven't reached May 24 yet so it's like 15 years and 11 months.
There wasn't a season last year.

THOMAS_54 said:
There wasn't a season last year.

Which is precisely why I said years and not seasons in my first post. :dolphins:

Leafs have a lot of work to be done this offseason and I could probably sit here and talk about all the players that would be good for the team and woouldn't be but there are a few things that have to be done!

1. Berg needs to be off this team

2. Defense needs to be stript down and redone with our younger guys who our getting a chance lately (exception to Kabrele and McCabe if he can come to some contract agreement)

3. Sign a goalie that could put us in the playoffs. I like our future of goalies and even though Aubin is hot lately I don't think he can do it for a whole season.( My best option would trade whatever we can to get Luongo but I think he will end up in Detroit with Legacie out the door there)

4. Fire Quinn or Ferguson Jr or both! I like Quinn so if we had to keep one it would be him even though he has showed numerous times hes a players coach and doesn't really take the time to develope young guys

Alright I can keep going but those our the 4 that must happen!

Berg is retiring.

McCabe need to get a defensive game to warrant a stay IMO. Kaberle should stay.

Isn't Cujo a UFA?

Agreed on the firings.

wazzy said:
1. Berg needs to be off this team

2. Defense needs to be stript down and redone with our younger guys who our getting a chance lately (exception to Kabrele and McCabe if he can come to some contract agreement)

3. Sign a goalie that could put us in the playoffs. I like our future of goalies and even though Aubin is hot lately I don't think he can do it for a whole season.( My best option would trade whatever we can to get Luongo but I think he will end up in Detroit with Legacie out the door there)

4. Fire Quinn or Ferguson Jr or both! I like Quinn so if we had to keep one it would be him even though he has showed numerous times hes a players coach and doesn't really take the time to develope young guys

Alright I can keep going but those our the 4 that must happen!

1.I hope he is done, should of been 2 years ago, heck shouldn't of even traded for him.

2.The problem with fixing our D is we have a LOT of young talent at D, so we pretty much need time for them all to develop. Carlo Colaiacovo, Staffan Kronwall, Andy Woz., Ian White, and Jay Harrison just need time. I'm pretty sure McCabe is gone. Kabs already has a deal: http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2327536
he is also the one i would want to stay.

3. Pogge and Rask are the future, they too also need time to develop. With them i would think its pointless to trade the farm for Luongo(Which we would have to trade). We need to sign a vet for 2 years.

4. I hope they are gone. We need to fix this and its going to take some time, but i feel we have some good players for our future.

where's all the flyer fans tonight?! - swept by the lowly leafs... :dday:
lotta peeps complaining about darcy tucker this week - anyone see that hit on wellwood tonight? :shakeno:

d-day said:
where's all the flyer fans tonight?! - swept by the lowly leafs... :dday:
lotta peeps complaining about darcy tucker this week - anyone see that hit on wellwood tonight? :shakeno:

Not very impressed with the Flyers but they were coming off a huge win yesterday night so they weren't focused. Denny Gauthier's reputation precedes him. He's done it with the elbows before, now the hits from behind. Tucks's got nothing on him. :shakeno:

The Sabres drubbed the Sens good too. I'm pretty sure Sabres fan would look forward to a Sabres-Flyers matchup in the 1st round because they'd skate circles around that defense.

Pink_Dove said:
Not very impressed with the Flyers but they were coming off a huge win yesterday night so they weren't focused. Denny Gauthier's reputation precedes him. He's done it with the elbows before, now the hits from behind. Tucks's got nothing on him. :shakeno:

The Sabres drubbed the Sens good too. I'm pretty sure Sabres fan would look forward to a Sabres-Flyers matchup in the 1st round because they'd skate circles around that defense.

aubin is playing outstanding and is starting to grow on me but he cost us both goals tonight with rookie mistakes although that second goal was a hell of an angle shot - i guarantee we wouldn't have all the points we gained with him starting, had tellqvist or eddie been between the pipes...

wazzy said:

Yeah I'm a Panther fan and Luongo will not be here next year more than likely.:boohoo: He said he wants to be on a playoff team, and the Panthers are just that type of team. I also agree, I think he will end up in Detroit, next year they will have the money, that is if Shanahan and Yzerman and Chelios and the rest of them go, which is likely.

Back
Top Bottom