Merged: Official "say No To Trent Green" Thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Official "say No To Trent Green" Thread

As for Green, Still a no.

I am confident that Cleo Lemon would be alright if something happened to Culpepper.

For all of you who only want Green to tutor a young QB consider this thought for a moment.

We pay coaches to coach and groom players. We don't need QB's on the roster to do that too. Yeah I know that they can have good relationships and point things out, but Shea is good with QB's as is Cam. I would rather have Cam and Shea tutor than Green.

Veteran Smart QB a good thing!!

If we signed Trent I would say we would be quaranteed to take Quinn or Stanton. This would be a good thing to help tutor. Coaches can only do so much. Young QB's need a mentor and Trent would be a good one. CUlpepper could never do this nor would I want him to try!!!!

Why the heck would be cut the high price vets on our team and then turn around and trade for a 37 year old QB. If we were immediate contenders it would be a good trade as a back up ala Jeff Garcia. At this point, lets draft our young QB and see how long Culpepper can hold him off. I'm pretty happy with the recent overpriced vet beatdown, and feel good about how we will look in 2 to 3 years. Green will be 39 or 40 at that point, so this makes no sense at all.

Too Old And I Don't Want Him, Plain And Simple!!!!

Stick With Cpep. Draft A Qb Or Groom Lemon!

Hearing About The Possibility Of Him Coming Here Makes Me Sick!!!!

Maybe 7-8 Years Ago Would Have Been Ok
i say get him quick it will force c-pep to compete and he just might learn how to throw from the pocket. So sign green quick!:tantrum:

Why the heck would be cut the high price vets on our team and then turn around and trade for a 37 year old QB.

Who cares how old Green is?? He's a better Qb than Culpepper is, and that's where we need to be focusing our attention at this time in my opinion. Culpepper is merely a name at this stage, and as far as his game is concerned, it's gone straight down the toilet.....

If we were immediate contenders it would be a good trade as a back up ala Jeff Garcia.

Garcia was never an option based on his experience within the WCO. Green is completely familiar with the new offense that Cameron will be installing, and that's why he's the Qb we need to have starting in Miami. Culpepper couldn't even run the offense he was supposedly already familiar with a year ago. His game has continually degressed ever since Linehan let go of his hand twp years ago in Minnesota. He's like a lost / confused puppy now. On the other hand, Green has the confidence / leadership qualities this offense needs....

At this point, lets draft our young QB and see how long Culpepper can hold him off.

While I agree with drafting our future Qb this year, I would feel much more comfortable having Green starting / helping bring him along than Culpepper. I don't think Culpepper has the mentality that Cameron / Mueller are looking for in a starting Qb, and considering that he's totally unfamiliar with the new offensive system being brought in this year, he'd be the last Qb I'd want grooming a youngster for our future plans....

I'm pretty happy with the recent overpriced vet beatdown, and feel good about how we will look in 2 to 3 years. Green will be 39 or 40 at that point, so this makes no sense at all.

I'm very happy with the recent beatdown too. Like I said, who care how old Green is? Half of our starting defense from a year ago was ancient, but what mattered the most was that they could play at a PB caliber level. Green is no exception, the man can play Qb with the best of them, and I'd much rather have him starting in Miami than Culpepper. Culpepper is simply too much of a risk, and we should all realize that by now after watching him get buried over the last two seasons....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Who cares how old Green is?? He's a better Qb than Culpepper is, and that's where we need to be focusing our attention at this time in my opinion. Culpepper is merely a name at this stage, and as far as his game is concerned, it's gone straight down the toilet.....

Garcia was never an option based on his experience within the WCO. Green is completely familiar with the new offense that Cameron will be installing, and that's why he's the Qb we need to have starting in Miami. Culpepper couldn't even run the offense he was supposedly already familiar with a year ago. His game has continually degressed ever since Linehan let go of his hand twp years ago in Minnesota. He's like a lost / confused puppy now. On the other hand, Green has the confidence / leadership qualities this offense needs....

While I agree with drafting our future Qb this year, I would feel much more comfortable having Green starting / helping bring him along than Culpepper. I don't think Culpepper has the mentality that Cameron / Mueller are looking for in a starting Qb, and considering that he's totally unfamiliar with the new offensive system being brought in this year, he'd be the last Qb I'd want grooming a youngster for our future plans....

I'm very happy with the recent beatdown too. Like I said, who care how old Green is? Half of our starting defense from a year ago was ancient, but what mattered the most was that they could play at a PB caliber level. Green is no exception, the man can play Qb with the best of them, and I'd much rather have him starting in Miami than Culpepper. Culpepper is simply too much of a risk, and we should all realize that by now after watching him get buried over the last two seasons....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

I think common sense has to be used by us fans....the Dolphins will not keep more than three QB's on the roster....IF they sign Green....and you add Culpepper and Lemon.....then that should tell us that the Dolphins will not go after a guy like Quinn....you can't sign Quinn and place him on the practice squad....because he'll be easily removed by ANY team....that wants to claim him and use him on their roster. The Dolphins will have to either waive or trade one QB....or select a QB....in a lower round, to groom. Everything depends on what the Dolphins do with Green....if he's acquired....it looks like Culpepper is gone.

With so many pressing needs on the Oline Green is a must from what some of you are saying. If he is so important let's give up our 1st, 2nd, 2nd and 3rd round pick. It doesn't matter that he is 37 years old according to some. He is the future because he will groom our young qb's. Great Idea!!!

LOL!!!

Hey, an even better idea. He knows Cameron's offense so well and could be such a good tutor, we have an opening for and Offensive Coordinator. Heck if CPEP gets injured we will just sign green to a players contract. LOL

Ok if it'st to be a back up and gromm quinn but I don't think it's their plan, I think they want green in assurance policy and resign lemon and in this case that mean no quinn or no stanton ........and next year we will be in the same old song......no young QB for the future !

really it's time to draft one and stop signing stopgap QB.

The only way green is coming here is just in case Daunte is not healthy,then you would have green and lemon going into the season,,,

If daunte is healthy then green WILL BE CUT IN THE PRESEASON AND LEMON WILL BACK UP TO DAUNTE.

i'LL BET 1,OOO FIN DOLLARS THAT THIS IS THE WAY IT WILL GO DOWN,

especially you, THE CUBAN MISSLE CRISIS

Too Old And I Don't Want Him, Plain And Simple!!!!

Stick With Cpep. Draft A Qb Or Groom Lemon!

Hearing About The Possibility Of Him Coming Here Makes Me Sick!!!!

Maybe 7-8 Years Ago Would Have Been Ok

WHY? Do you want to stick with C-Pepp if he is a statue like last year? If he cannot go, we basically only have Lemon left and he is pretty average. I think Green is insurance in case C-Pepp is done...he can also groom Quinn if we end up drafting him.

Apart from the fact that neither Cameron or Shea are on the field and thus seeing what Green would be seeing and feeding it back. Neither have they played the system that Cam runs since 1999 and would supply a myriad of reads, comments, hints, tips, etc.

With so many pressing needs on the Oline Green is a must from what some of you are saying. If he is so important let's give up our 1st, 2nd, 2nd and 3rd round pick. It doesn't matter that he is 37 years old according to some. He is the future because he will groom our young qb's. Great Idea!!!

LOL!!!

Hey, an even better idea. He knows Cameron's offense so well and could be such a good tutor, we have an opening for and Offensive Coordinator. Heck if CPEP gets injured we will just sign green to a players contract. LOL

Obviously with comments like this, you are completely clueless :rolleyes2

Back
Top Bottom