Merged: Official "say No To Trent Green" Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Official "say No To Trent Green" Thread

The Jets at one point had Chad Pennington, Brooks Bollinger, Patrick Ramsay and Kellen Clemens on the roster. Their FO were so unsure of Chad Pennington they decided to have FOUR QB's on the payroll.

If the Dolphins do the same thing, consider Culpepper, Green, Lemon and a to-be-named rookie to be on the roster.

haha last year id rather have damon huard. if they left him in to play they might have won a playoff game.

The Official Draft A QB over taking Trent Green Thread

It has to be done. Its time, its time. Its time to draft a QB and stop using retreads. We already have daunte and if he is done we can trade him next year. We already have a QB that Cam likes. Now what we need is a QB that is ready to be thrown in the fire.

Who can we get. Well if we are lucky enough for Quinn to fall to us we take him. HES been running a pro style offense for 2 years now. A smart man once said why he never traded for other players. He said "why would i want another teams headaches."

In the end we have have 2 gaping holes we have to fix (not patch). OLINE and QB. Trent green is a patch. Lets fix it right this year and draft our future.

Why cant we do both?Green can lead and display how the offense works till the rookie is ready to take the reigns.

everyone on this board is assuming quinn is going to be a superstar...thats a mighty big assumption

some of us feel the same about DC.

Fresh start time.

Fresh start is right!! DRAFT a QB!!Quit taking the leftovers!!Draft a QB and groom him and then get rid of PEP and all the garbage will be gone!!

STANTON in 2nd all the way!!

Why cant we do both?Green can lead and display how the offense works till the rookie is ready to take the reigns.

Green is 1 hit to the head from playing with crayons the rest of his life!He will be gun shy!Why do you think they are getting rid of him and letting Haurd start!

I agree w/ Lucuna....Green would be a great fit w/ Cam coaching.....Cam will bring out the best in Green & breakin a rookie QB as well!:lifter::lifter: :cooldude:

everyone on this board is assuming quinn is going to be a superstar...thats a mighty big assumption

i havent seen one person say that and i'm talking about quinn here everyday...... we all KNOW he has the capabilities to perhaps be a superstar but it seems your the one assuming thngs.

C'est la vie !!

We are back to the QB delimna, the Johnson and Saban stakes -- and I'll always say this, a major reason they both bolted ... not that it matters.

Does anyone really think we would be considering this if there was any 'question' WRT DCs health ... those who still 'believe' that DC is going to lead this team really need to light some candles !

Don't get me wrong, in order for this team to have SUCCESS THIS YEAR, we truly did need DC to come back and have at least an average year.

It's MARCH, and Cam is watching his progress very closely now -- and rumor or not, this is a VERY BAD sign; regardless of the FOs 'public spin'. Green will not last 16 games - period. He will also not come to be a 'back-up' .... nor will we pay to 'starter' salaries. So, something is going to give here in the next 45 days !!

Lastly, what does this say for all the Lemon-aiders !!!

Green would be a great fit in Miami for a couple of years while we groom a young draftee. He's very familiar with the system we're currently installing, and considering the Cheifs don't want too much for him in trade, now is the time to strike...

It's a shame that the Culpepper experience isn't working out the way everyone had hoped, but I think it's becoming more obvious by the day that Cameron / Mueller have different plans at Qb.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Blitz, I don't mind house cleaning. But I have a huge problems with this idea. Problems that quite frankly reek of people speaking out of one side of their mouth on one point and out of the other side of their mouth on the counterpoint. Which simply furthers my belief this board is merely a bunch of "Yes" men who will not dare question the logic being spoken AND practiced.

In the past weeks this board has been giddy with Mueller's efforts in acquiring picks. In the same breath, many have ridiculed Saban and Wanny for trading draft picks away for veterans when we should be using those picks on youth.

Furthermore, many have salivated at the salary cap maneuvering to cut dead weight. Basking in the glory of our new-found cap room.

And now this?!

Suddenly, we've found wisdom again in trading away picks for old vets?!

Suddenly, we've decided the 2006 2nd rounder spent on CPepp was worth forfeiting?!

And to top it off, many want CPepp cut as part of this move?!

What about CPepp's $7M cap for this year? What about Trent's lack of cooperation to renogiate his $7M cap number for this year with KC?

Regardless of restructures and "new money", CPepp's contract would be dead weight if cut. And Trent's contract would be additional money on our cap. With a quick glance, even after fancy penmanship by Mueller, we're still looking at nearly $10 - $15 million tied up in 1 QB roster spot. And THIS is shrewd usage of our cap space?!

Not too mention all of these half-****ed ideas are boiling on the basis of CPepp playing 4 games?! 4 games in which everyone KNOWS the OLine was at it's worst point last year.

I'm sorry, but wanting Trent Green is not supported by people who want to spend logically and draft with intelligence. You do not give up on a QB after 4 games when you KNEW he was still injured.

This support of acquring Trent instead smells of the persistent "win now" attitude that has infected and plaqued this fan base for decades. Nothing's changed, Dolphin fans still believe we're owed Super Bowls. And do not want to truly suffer through a legitimate build effort using draft picks and salary cap wisely.

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."

It's not an attack on you, but, I'm just questioning your support in a legitimate debate.

This idea appears to not have merit in my mind.

Back
Top Bottom