[MERGED] PFT: Keyshawn has Deal on the Table | Keyshawn: No deal in place | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] PFT: Keyshawn has Deal on the Table | Keyshawn: No deal in place

I don't see why people dislike this move. Hagan has Will Allen hands at WR and has shown NOTHING to earn anything. Now, say he does improve and moves up to the #2 spot, we now have someone playing slot with great hands, big body and a very good blocker. The last season Key played was productive and he was looking forward to teaching Jarrett the position. He isn't Joey Galloway so he doesn't have to have blazing speed at an old age to be effective. He's a possession receiver and first downs mean we don't have to punt.

Keyshawn would've been a nice pickup for us...4 years ago. I just don't know how much he has left in the tank. And the whole Cris Carter incident has me worried a bit more about it too.

that's right and that's right... again

who knows what shape and what if any dedication he'll have to coming back in any kind of shape at all.
I think Parcells would know. After all, he did sit in the same studio with him all year. He saw first hand how Key filled out those fancy threads he sported.
clear.gif

you just simply can't please some people on this sight.

Take a look at our WR's, and tell me keyshawn can't do some good.

He shouldn't cost too much, and we can use a draft pick on a position other than WR this year, with all the holes we have to fill, that can't be looked at as a bad thing.

Just because KEy comes in for a year or two, doesn't mean we can't rebuild.

and we can use a draft pick on a position other than WR this year, with all the holes we have to fill, that can't be looked at as a bad thing.

THAT'S why I would really like this deal. We get a proven WR with excellent hands and can use the pick on another position of need.

you just simply can't please some people on this sight.

Take a look at our WR's, and tell me keyshawn can't do some good.

He shouldn't cost too much, and we can use a draft pick on a position other than WR this year, with all the holes we have to fill, that can't be looked at as a bad thing.

Just because KEy comes in for a year or two, doesn't mean we can't rebuild.

That’s just a silly remark.
Same kind of remarks you’d get after Wannstedt draft picks!

I’ll be happy with moves I think make sense.
Just because I’m a fan dosen’t mean I have to tow the company line and be giddy with every move.

I just get the attitude towards KEY.

I thought he did pretty admirable in carolina.

the occasional headbutt with TO in dallas, but you can't blame the guy for that.

were not exactly going to be a playoff contender for a few years, so I don't see how keyshawn coming here really sets us back.

our opinions differ thats all, and my remark wasn't intended solely for you. just so ya know!!!

Do be honest, I really was not a big fan of Key in the past. I have enjoyed him on TV though. He really shows his knowledge of football a bit on the show and I said that long before this new staff took over and this was ever an option. If Key comes in and fills in at 3rd WR or even TE on blocking downs or even when we need to spread the field for a 3rd and 4. I think this is perfect for the time being. Let's remember the last 6 teams that played in the superbowl (and probably a lot more than that) have not had the youngest teams in the league by any means.

Also I believe the Zack cut was something that he asked for. I hope that they had talks with him about taking a pay cut and staying with the team during this rebuilding and he just wanted to be let go so he could go play ball somewhere of his choice and spend the last few years of his career with a chance to win the BIG ONE. The Zack cut was the most sad I have been since Danny retired. Good luck Zack and when you are done playing your last few years where ever, come home and retire in the ONLY jersey you should have ever had to wear as a pro. YOU WILL BE MISSED!!

I think we can all agree this is a rebuilding year. So why not follow what we did with Thomas? Draft or sign younger players that can grow with the team that will be here in two or three years and getting into their prime?

Johnson might not make it out of training camp.

If you sign Johnson, than cutting Thomas made no sense, because he could have helped also.

Also I believe the Zack cut was something that he asked for. I hope that they had talks with him about taking a pay cut and staying with the team during this rebuilding and he just wanted to be let go so he could go play ball somewhere of his choice and spend the last few years of his career with a chance to win the BIG ONE. The Zack cut was the most sad I have been since Danny retired. Good luck Zack and when you are done playing your last few years where ever, come home and retire in the ONLY jersey you should have ever had to wear as a pro. YOU WILL BE MISSED!!

He said he wasn't asked to take a paycut and didn't ask for his release.

I think we can all agree this is a rebuilding year. So why not follow what we did with Thomas? Draft or sign younger players that can grow with the team that will be here in two or three years and getting into their prime?

Johnson might not make it out of training camp.

If you sign Johnson, than cutting Thomas made no sense, because he could have helped also.

Agreed 100%. I'd much rather keep Thomas than sign Keyshawn.

We bring in Parcells and one of our first big signings is gonna be Meshawn Johnson? That's... great news[/sarcasm]

He's at least worth a look at. I mean if he comes in and beats out Hagan at the 2nd/3rd WR spot I'm all for it. Right now our WR's are Ginn and Hagan, a veteran who can block could be a good addition.

I think this is a good move. I think Keyshawn wants to be a "player coach" I think he wants to show everybody, maybe even Bill himself, how much he knows about football. Heck, maybe he is even "interviewing" for a coaching position one day. The guy loves football. I found him to very knowlegable during his time in front of the camera. He won't pay half fare on the full fare bus. He will bring it every play and try to teach by example. IMO he is just what we need during a rebuilding period.

Back
Top Bottom