MERGED-PFT Saban done after season-Spartans want Saban | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED-PFT Saban done after season-Spartans want Saban

I don't think Saban wants to move back to Michigan because of the winter weather mainly. He probably likes the south now. I think he has a lake house in North Georgia, etc.

That PFT thing is just that ... a rumor. Here is what Saban said about the Michigan State head coach job on his radio show last night:

'CRAZY' TALK
Forget those rumors floating across websites and airwaves about Saban's interest in the coaching vacancy at Michigan State.

Though the notion might seem ludicrous and nonsensical, the widely circulated rumors were enough to prompt one caller on Saban's weekly radio show to bring up the topic.

''That is crazy,'' Saban said on 790 The Ticket. ``I want you to rest assured that we're happy in Miami. We're excited about the future. I'm not interested in going back north anywhere.''

Saban was the head coach from 1995 to 1999 at Michigan State, which recently fired John L. Smith.

''They'll probably be asking my opinion, but I don't really have one about who they should hire,'' Saban said Thursday morning.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/15918122.htm

PFT's follow-up story to Saban's denial:

SABAN SAYS HE'S HAPPY IN MIAMI
On Thursday, we heard from a very good source that Michigan State intends to make a run at Miami Dolphins coach Nick Saban, who coached the Spartans before heading to LSU.

On Thursday night, Saban said on his weekly radio show that he won't be leaving: "I want you to be rest assured we're happy here in Miami," Saban told a caller. "We're excited about the future. We're excited about getting it turned around for this season.

"I'm not interested in going back North anywhere."

Um. What else would the guy say? What else could he say? No comment? We'll cross that bridge when we come to it? We're not happy in Miami, in fact we think it really sucks here?

Rest assured that the word is that Saban is miserable in Miami. And, of course, if owner Wayne Huizenga thinks Saban is miserable and wants out, then it's less likely that Saban gets bought out of the last three years of his contract.

Back
Top Bottom