MERGED-PFT Saban done after season-Spartans want Saban | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED-PFT Saban done after season-Spartans want Saban

Heirachy of reliability

PFW>crazy hobo on the streets>my mom's pet cat>PFT

Maybe Marino knows something that even Saban doesn't know....could we see Shula and Marino one more time together?

I was also thinking....with a great chance that Larry Coker will be gone after this season....wouldn't it funny if Jimmy went back home to the U....especially since he lives locally. It's been awhile since Jimmy left coaching....and he just may be getting the itch again.

SPARTANS WANT SABAN
Within barely a half hour after posting our story that Nick Saban is unhappy in his current job as the coach of the Miami Dolphins, word has filtered to Profootballtalk.com and Collegefootballtalk.com (but we're taking the credit for this one) that Michigan State plans to make a major push to get Saban to return to the Spartan program.
A source with knowledge of the situation tells us that Michigan State has made informal contact with Saban since Wednesday's announcement that current Spartans coach John L. Smith won't return in 2007.
Money apparently won't be an issue, since it's our understanding that the Spartans are prepared to make a significant offer to get Saban to return to East Lansing.
The fact that M. Peter McPherson is no longer the president of the university is regarded as a positive, since Saban and Peter didn't see eye to eye. It's believed that McPherson's successor, former Michigan State provost Lou Anna Kimsey Simon, enjoyed a positive relationship with Saban.

Hmmmm...bye bye Nick.

fishypete said:
SPARTANS WANT SABAN
Within barely a half hour after posting our story that Nick Saban is unhappy in his current job as the coach of the Miami Dolphins, word has filtered to Profootballtalk.com and Collegefootballtalk.com (but we're taking the credit for this one) that Michigan State plans to make a major push to get Saban to return to the Spartan program.
A source with knowledge of the situation tells us that Michigan State has made informal contact with Saban since Wednesday's announcement that current Spartans coach John L. Smith won't return in 2007.
Money apparently won't be an issue, since it's our understanding that the Spartans are prepared to make a significant offer to get Saban to return to East Lansing.
The fact that M. Peter McPherson is no longer the president of the university is regarded as a positive, since Saban and Peter didn't see eye to eye. It's believed that McPherson's successor, former Michigan State provost Lou Anna Kimsey Simon, enjoyed a positive relationship with Saban.

Hmmmm...bye bye Nick.

Be real, Saban isn't going anywhere

Spartan suggestions

Saban said he expected a phone call from Michigan State officials for his opinion on a possible successor to John L. Smith, who was fired Wednesday, but added that he had no interest in returning to East Lansing. Saban coached the Spartans from 1995-99.

"I want you to be rest assured we're happy here in Miami," Saban told a radio caller on his show Thursday. "We're excited about the future. We're excited about getting it turned around for this season. ... I'm not interested in going back North anywhere."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ov03,0,2227554.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Sounds like he's staying......

PHINZ RULE!!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:
Spartan suggestions

Saban said he expected a phone call from Michigan State officials for his opinion on a possible successor to John L. Smith, who was fired Wednesday, but added that he had no interest in returning to East Lansing. Saban coached the Spartans from 1995-99.

"I want you to be rest assured we're happy here in Miami," Saban told a radio caller on his show Thursday. "We're excited about the future. We're excited about getting it turned around for this season. ... I'm not interested in going back North anywhere."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-spdolnotes03nov03,0,2227554.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Sounds like he's staying......

Haven't we been surprised before as Dolphin fans....and does Saban have that I'm "happy to be here" look on the sidelines?

Michigan State wants Saban.

Gerry V, the best sportcaster in New Orleans, released this information yesterday, interesting isn't it. What do you guys think about this?

Michigan State tossing funny money at Nick
Michigan State would like Nick Saban to return....money will be huge...
Does he sscamper and leave the sunshine state ?...While in miami last trip word was floating he wasn't happy?? Wants word from ownership about support ? Does the collge game appeal to him more ??.......GV

Saban; To leave or not to leave.

I found this quote to be quite interesting.

Funny how he says he's only excited about getting "This season turned around." And how he isnt moving North but he didnt say anything about the "south." Ahh, Let the rumors abound.

what do u guys expect saban to say???

"yea, i really hate it here, cant wait to get out of my contract at the end of the year"????

Everyone is going mad, he is in the middle of his second season and the talks about him leaving are already stirring. This is ridiculous, Saban is better than this and I don't see him giving up.

The people that are believing all this b.s. hype are the people that truely want to see Saban go. We give draft picks 2 - 3 yrs to come in and be an impact on the team, why can't we give our coach the same time?

guys there is one possiblity and if saban leaves the we could get BOB STOOPS but there are lots of rumors which are just rumors but there could be a chance he leaves. but dont worry gand ole maverick will come down and take charge and bringe victorys and sanity to the dolphin nation.
" yee haw great balls of fire the fins will rebound regardless"

Back
Top Bottom