MERGED-PFT Saban done after season-Spartans want Saban | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED-PFT Saban done after season-Spartans want Saban

Saban said this from the start and fully believes it.

MAKE HASTE, SLOWLY!

He's known since day 1 that the team needed major changes. He didn't think it was fair to Zach and JT to totally blow it all up to get the changes made quickly, so he's trying to rebuild and stay competitve. Unfortunately, we haven't been as competitve as expected this year. I do not forsee him leaving anytime soon and I wished people would just chill out.

At least PFT admitted that this one is "wild-*** speculation."

I guess they just felt like they had to stir the Saban pot a little. Once or twice a week they try to say "Saban = Spurrier" just for the hell of it.

Why would Saban be considered a hot Coach right now? His stock has dropped and I think things will get worse before they get better. In the end I believe he'll make winners out of the Dolphins. When you hear other teams are after him it makes you think twice about wanting him out. Let him stay and turn this thing around. It has to be killing him to lose and to look so bad in doing so. I thought he was going to have a stroke when the ref threw the flag on Allen in the Pats game. How bad did he want that game? How about getting booed off the field at halftime at home? It's going to be some story if he wins a Superbowl in Miami.

I think Saban would rather trade everyone for picks draft and sign a new team instead of leaving He has the keys to the whole housse which he wont get anywhere else in the NFL.

He can do what he wants to the team and wayne would be ok with it.

Look to see alot of changes this offseason.

This is PFT = check-minus
This is the PFT rumor mill = check-minus-minus
This is the PFT rumor mill stating that it's "wild-*** speculation" = check-minus-minus-minus

ChrisKo said:
Saban said this from the start and fully believes it.

MAKE HASTE, SLOWLY!

He's known since day 1 that the team needed major changes. He didn't think it was fair to Zach and JT to totally blow it all up to get the changes made quickly, so he's trying to rebuild and stay competitve. Unfortunately, we haven't been as competitve as expected this year. I do not forsee him leaving anytime soon and I wished people would just chill out.

I agree 100%, finally someone is listening to what Saban has said and not some unnamed source.

Anyone notice that there have been a lot of stories recently (PFW, PFT, poss others) citing unnamed NFL sources? PFW's unnamed NFL talent evaluator, PFT's 'market chatter'. The NFL is a place run by guys with big egos, many of whom act like silly morons because of it: Mike Martz, Polian, Billick, JJ...the list is endless. Last season's buzz around Saban probably bruised more than a few egos and caused a lot of jealousy. Now that he is down it's payback time.
None of those guys, NOT ONE, is willing to go on record. What does that tell you? That a lot of gutless wonders are taking free pot-shots at our guy and the press are all-too-willing to lap it up even given the fact that it is 100% baseless, grounded in no facts, nothing substantial at all. As rumors go, these are about as low quality as you can get. It almost falls in the category of schoolgirl gossip.
I have seen nothing that would make me think Saban won't be back. Not anything in the press, not anything in his career history, and not in his own words -the book he wrote. It goes totally against what his stated philosophy is.

Saban contacted by MSU

I Just heard on 1270 the fan Detroit that saban has been contacted by MSU about the head coaching job. IS there a chance he goes?? I hope not. I want to see what he can do here for a few years.

PFT:Spartans want Saban

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
SPARTANS WANT SABAN
Within barely a half hour after posting our story that Nick Saban is unhappy in his current job as the coach of the Miami Dolphins, word has filtered to Profootballtalk.com and Collegefootballtalk.com (but we're taking the credit for this one) that Michigan State plans to make a major push to get Saban to return to the Spartan program.
A source with knowledge of the situation tells us that Michigan State has made informal contact with Saban since Wednesday's announcement that current Spartans coach John L. Smith won't return in 2007.
Money apparently won't be an issue, since it's our understanding that the Spartans are prepared to make a significant offer to get Saban to return to East Lansing.
The fact that M. Peter McPherson is no longer the president of the university is regarded as a positive, since Saban and Peter didn't see eye to eye. It's believed that McPherson's successor, former Michigan State provost Lou Anna Kimsey Simon, enjoyed a positive relationship with Saban.
Stay tuned.

that was the worst article i have ever read
Lovie Smith leaving the bears is a bunch of bull crap
and if anyone wants Saban fired then they need to get of the drugs.
Saban came on to a team with aging talent. I admit getting rid of Sam Madison probably wasn't the smartest idea, but are defense wasnt that great when Saban came in. are defense still is good but its old and weakens in the second half because there on the field most of the time. Unfortunately like it or last year showed that we are on the path to competely overhauling the team. we need to get an o-line, and a true #1 reciever. i think we good at QB if we could just give them longer than 2 seconds. On defense we need to get a new secondary and on the defensive add some young players let them learn from the best so when JT, Traylor, Big Daddy Wilkson, Kevin Carter, and Holliday retire we got people ready to step in. LB we need to get to more guys ready to fill to step in. Zach still good but hes old and has misssed atleast a 3 games in the past 3 seasons. I dont like Donnie Spargan to much.

If Saban quits, I would lose all respect for Saban.
If Wayne fires Saban after this season, I would lose all respect for Wayne.

Like JT said, 1.5 seasons is not enough time to judge a coach.

Back
Top Bottom