Merged: PFW's take on Chambers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: PFW's take on Chambers

I think they souldent judge chambers by how he does in preseason i mean its preseason. God the vikings went 4-0 in preseason last year look how they did in the regular season. preseason doesent show how a player or team will do in the reagular season. i now he hasent been doing so well in he regular season. so he sould stay at #1 wr we sould wait and see how he does this year to judge him.

Originally posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305
All this Chambers talk is ridiculous. People it's pre-season, the guy is going to be fine.

^PROPS!

I think he needs to step it up, preseason or not. He has the talent to be a DOMINATING WR in this league, especially in our division. He tower's over all the short DB we will face this year.

He is not a rookie, time to step it up Chris! :yell:

i dont think all of it is his fault we need to give him the ball more he get the exsperience if we dont give him the ball more.

Originally posted by $UpErBoWlCh@Mp
i dont think all of it is his fault we need to give him the ball more he get the exsperience if we dont give him the ball more.

I agree, with JF healthy all season, he SHOULD have a monster year. It usually takes a receiver 3-4 years before they breakout. I was spoiled by the flashes of brilliance i saw in him. Let's be more consistant!

Chambers still shell-shocked?

Here's the Chris Chambers part of a PFW piece with Jeff Reynolds:

Dolphins WR Chambers slow to regain rousing rookie form

The 52nd overall pick in the 2001 draft, Chris Chambers took the NFL, and more specifically the AFC East, by storm during his rookie season. His size, speed, and big-play potential were evident and thus had comparisons to Randy Moss and others being drawn. But since Chambers entered the starting lineup for the Dolphins in Week Seven of his rookie year and finished with 48 catches for 883 yards and seven touchdowns, he’s been in the shadows.

PFW: What is keeping Chambers from regaining his rookie form?

Reynolds: The greatest factor is the lack of balance that bogged the offense down last season. RB Ricky Williams gained 1,853 rushing yards, and the offense rarely threatened down the field. Part of that was Jay Fiedler’s injury  the Dolphins didn’t trust backup Ray Lucas to make deep throws, especially on post patterns or routes that brought the safety positions into play. And part of it was Chambers not having a reliable No. 2 receiver opposite him. Oronde Gadsden was banged up, and James McKnight and Dedric Ward are bit players who can have big games on occasion, but neither makes the “must stop†list on opponents’ defensive game plans. Chambers had an up-and-down season in 2002, but it wasn’t a typical sophomore slump. What many scouts argue is Chambers is less effective these days because of the vicious hit he took from Broncos S Kenoy Kennedy at Denver in Week Six, a helmet-to-helmet blast on a slant pattern that earned Kennedy a fine. From that point on, Chambers displayed unsure hands over the middle and always felt the safety coming toward him after short catches. What that did, in turn, was make Chambers a one-dimensional threat as a receiver. “All he wanted to do was run the vertical stuff,†said one AFC East pro scout. “He didn’t do much against us because we made him cut everything off short.†Chambers has not looked great in the preseason and is working as the team’s No. 2 receiver to Derrius Thompson. But Thompson can stretch the field and will draw the safety in zone coverage at times, allowing Chambers to again find his comfort zone. Thompson is the talk of Dolphins camp, and Miami believes he will be a gem worth polishing in Norv Turner’s play-action passing game. Chambers’ role changes, reverting more to what he was asked to do as a rookie  use his size and speed to get open deep. Once he establishes himself down the field again, the hope is, Chambers will round into the complete receiver the Dolphins envision.

The link:
http://profootballweekly.com/PFW/Commentary/Spins/2003/spins082703.htm

Hello ladies and gentle men, Welcome to the Chris Chambers message board!

Hey patswin2004, I don't follow the Pats at all, I just have a question. Who are the starting WR's for you guys this year? I know about that rookie, Branch, I think his name was. Other than him, who else do you have?

Thanks
Cecil

It is not just pre season, Chambers has been 'off' for 1 1/2 years now. At this point, in a Turner offense, DT resembles Michael Irvin a heck of a lot more than Chambers does. Whatever the reason, character passivity, or after affects form concussion Chambers aint getting it done. Until he develops some aggression, questions will continue to be asked. DT has shown that 'fire', that desire for the football, and on current form, he is the man.

Bottom line is potential will get you drafted but it will only keep you around for so long. I mean, sheesh, what next.........Chambers doesn't produce this season and it will be: "well, it takes recievers 4 years to develop".......The fact remains, top recievers produce, pure talent doesn't cut it.

Originally posted by Cecil Collins
Hey patswin2004, I don't follow the Pats at all, I just have a question. Who are the starting WR's for you guys this year? I know about that rookie, Branch, I think his name was. Other than him, who else do you have?

Thanks
Cecil

Troy Brown and David Patten are the starters for New England..

CRAZYDOLPHANS' Signature says it all.. Chambers talks about this offense being able to score 40 points a game and since this is only pre-season we'll just have to see.. IMO, It is very doubtful Miami will score 30 a game with the way the passing game is looking.. Hopefully it turns out for the better..

I think 30 points a game for us could be a cake walk for the most part. Chambers just needs to stop being a god damn panty waste and GO OVER THE MIDDLE. I think he knows he needs to get it done come the season.

Back
Top Bottom