Merged: PFW's take on Chambers | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: PFW's take on Chambers

hey let me ask u something if the kinda hit that hapenned to chris hapenned to u would u want to risk a carear ending injury give him time.

Originally posted by $UpErBoWlCh@Mp
hey let me ask u something if the kinda hit that hapenned to chris hapenned to u would u want to risk a carear ending injury give him time.

What the hell, he got it, period. People get hit like that all the time. He's had time anyway :(

I think right now Derrius is on course to catch more passes than Chambers this year. He's getting all the chain-moving routes and throws. Right now it looks like on 1st and 2nd down there's a run and a screen/flat throw...then on 3rd, most of the time it'll be a chain mover throw to Derrius or R-Mac. Chambers will get the occasional deep shot on first or second down.

Peanut, based on what you've seen of Chris, how is he going right now in your eyes? I think he has the potential to have a great year. But if I have to grade him right now, he's a C avg. receiver. This coming year, I don't know for sure right now. Are you grading him from his rookie year, last year, or what? What are you basing your assessment on?

Originally posted by bdwgroove
He is the #1 right now the way Chamber's is playing whether anyone designates him that way or not

Couldn't have put it better myself!

I really liked that article because if you think about it, that article and that one play in preseason where Chambers was one on one against Buchanan, Chambers got punked. He allowed himself to be punked.

I hope is able to overcome that monster hit last year, but how long can we wait it out with him being our #1? Maybe if we take away a meal (relegate him back to slot) he will become hungry again. Starvation is the #1 motivator in humans.

Originally posted by Peanut
LOL @ Thompson and/or McKnight ahead of Chambers! That's hilarious.

You guys take SOO MUCH out of the preseason, it's funny!

There's no difference between #1 and #2 when it comes to the recievers. Especially with the fact that Chambers and Thompson are so different physically. I'll say this though...I'd bet anyone that if both recievers stay healthy, Thompson gets more catches than Chambers. Chambers may wind up with more yards, but Thompson WILL have more catches.

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

There's no difference between #1 and #2 when it comes to the recievers. Especially with the fact that Chambers and Thompson are so different physically. I'll say this though...I'd bet anyone that if both recievers stay healthy, Thompson gets more catches than Chambers. Chambers may wind up with more yards, but Thompson WILL have more catches.

Exactly. Right now, Thompson is more Michael Irvin and Chambers is Alvin Harper. I even made a bet with someone on another site, that Thompson will catch more balls than Chambers. At the time, I thought that I was alone in this belief......but obviously not.

thompson will get more passes becouse chambers will be watched more the thompson. But i think we sould wait till the season starts and not go by preseason ive said it befor ill say it again preseason show nothing it doesent show how u will do in the rgular season.

thompson will get more passes becouse chambers will be watched more the thompson. But i think we sould wait till the season starts and not go by preseason ive said it befor ill say it again preseason show nothing it doesent show how u will do in the rgular season.

Granted, it is a little unrealistic to project a players' performance, good or bad from pre to regular season. However, that warning signs are there for Chambers, form both last year, and this pre season. You think that Terrell Owens lets little Ray Buchannon take that ball off him, whether it is preseason, Superbowl, or back yard football??? Personally, I think that by playing half assed, players actually open themselves up to a higher injury risk.

The point is that Chambers has to be giving Feidler and the coaching staff confdence in him. If there was nothing to play for, then I could understand this: "well its just the preseason, it doesn't count" attitude. But the fact remains that Chambers should be going all out in preseason, because he needs it to develop. I just hope that if Chambers is purposely taking it easy (and that is worrying in itself for someone who has a lot to prove and a lot of preparation to complete)...that when it does count, he doesn't look in the tank and find its empty.

Basic points for playing hard now:-

>Chambers needs to develop confidence in himself show the coaches and Jay that he can get it done.

>By making those plays now, teams will have to account for him early in the year.

>Practice makes perfect

>IMHO, if Jay thinks that Chambers is reliable, he will probably throw better deep balls to him. Right now, the pressure is on to make it perfect, causing indecisive passes.

i dont think chambers is the problems for the deep ball jay is the other half of the problem so its 50% jay and 50% chambers

Originally posted by Peanut
LOL @ Thompson and/or McKnight ahead of Chambers! That's hilarious.

You guys take SOO MUCH out of the preseason, it's funny!

I don't think so, Chambers has done nothing to prove he is a #1. Also, Thompson is outplaying him.

It might be funny, but its also the truth, Chambers is a great #1 in practice, but he needs to transfer that to the field.

i dont think chambers is the problems for the deep ball jay is the other half of the problem so its 50% jay and 50% chambers

I don't suggest for a minute that Jay isn't partly responsible for the poor deep game. However, this is about Chambers. He has to take it upon himself to produce regardless of the quality of pass he gets. QBs know that if they throw to Moss, or Owens, those guys will go up and get the football like their lives depend upon it. IMHO, it is very important for a QB to know that he can depend on his recievers to fight for the ball.

Heck, even Marino suffered towards the end of his career because many of his receivers would be too passive.

As for the concussion arguement. Well, how many players have suffered the same thing, and still gone out and played hard week in week out. This is the NFL folks.......you don't like it, take up bowling!

Last edited by a moderator:
There is only one man on the Dolphins offense who has EARNED the right as starter or #1 "without a doubt".

The rest of the offense is subject to speculation during camp, preseason, season, and offseason. They have not EARNED or PROVED anything.

Thank you.

I agree. Those dumbasses need to get it together :D

Back
Top Bottom