MERGED: please trade for #85 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: please trade for #85

Why the the HE - double hockey-sticks would you want joey porter and chad on the same team...? Oh i see said the blind man you want a loud mouth on offense and defense...!

Does the fact that the Bengals have come out and said that he isn't going anywhere and the fact that they would take a major cap hit not mean anything? This is a topic that will not die even though there is no validity to the rumors....other than Chad complaining for every camera shoved in his face.

I can see the Bengals taking a cap hit for cutting the guy, but I don't see for trading. Each team inherates the others contract. If I'm missing something just let me know.

I can see the Bengals taking a cap hit for cutting the guy, but I don't see for trading. Each team inherates the others contract. If I'm missing something just let me know.
It depends on how the contract is set up. If it's like Johnson's contract where a large portion of the money is payed upfront in bonuses, then when he's traded that signing bonus money will count against the Bengals cap. If I remember correctly, the cap hit for Cincy would be about 8 mil for the remainder of the deal (until 2011).

I think that could be worked out witth a new contract so neither team takes a hit. CJ would be willing to work that out. He said on NFL network that he wasn't going to play for Cincy. He also made references that he would rather retire than play for the Bengals again.

I think that could be worked out witth a new contract so neither team takes a hit. CJ would be willing to work that out. He said on NFL network that he wasn't going to play for Cincy. He also made references that he would rather retire than play for the Bengals again.
:sidelol:

Sorry, I'm not laughing at you. The guy just doesn't know when to shut up and he thinks that these threats are going to get him what he wants. He said last time he hit the media circuit to beg teams to trade for him that he wouldn't holdout, now he's saying that he'll retire? :lol: I highly doubt that he'll give up the money that he would be making next year, I see him holding out for a week of minicamp and then playing for the Bengals next year. All of this whining is going to get him nowhere, it just proves that he is nothing but a distraction.

To put it in a way that Miami fans can relate to, how would we feel if Ronnie went around from one media outlet to the next begging teams to trade for him and throwing his teammates under the bus? Ronnie isn't a bad character guy like Ocho, but I guarantee that people would be calling for his head. Look at the hatred for JT when it came out that he was unhappy and wanted to move on. Look at the hatred that people threw at Zach because he was talking to the Pats, I even had one guy tell me this morning that he still was upset about that. :lol:

Anyway, I think even if the contract is renegotiated the Bengals are still in for a huge cap hit. He isn't going anywhere this year. ;)

You might be right. You make some good points and it is true the man is a distraction. I think BP can handle him. I just think CJ on one side and Ted Ginn on the other could be a deadly combination.

No thanks. He's a firebrand who will more than rock the ship, Parcells wouldn't like him and he'd cost us a draft pick we could use on a starter or two. Let him find a team that's contending to put up with his junk.

Parcells didn't have any problem with Meshawn, who was MUCH more of a distraction and far less talented than 85.

Bring CJ home to Miami.

Everyone bashed TO when he was leaving philly, look at him now.

Everyone bashed Moss when he left the raiders, look at him now.

Put Ocho on our team and the only skill position we are lacking at is TE. (Yes, I'm a Beck supporter)

Bring CJ home to Miami.

I'd do that dallas trade and then give Cincy pick #32 for Johnson. He's not worth the #1 pick in the draft.

I mean I dont see why this cannot happen..

I mean I know its tough to make a trade and its not fantasy football, but why would the Bengals want him anymore first of all. Two, they are not to far away from being a playoff contender with a little help on defense. Let's just give them JT for Chad and if we have to throw in a 4th or 5th. In my opinion, they are lacking a leader and pass rusher on defense (JT) and we are still rebuilding so if we only have to give away JT that would seem to help the rebuilding process by getting a Number One receiver.

DO IT.. and then we can either be set on offense by taking Jake Long or replace JT with Chris Long and take a QB and OT in the second. Come on guys that would be great!

I don't want JT anywhere near Chris. JT is a selfish self-obsorbed pre-madonna that I wouldn't want my young guys to learn from. I say Bill moves him before the draft one way or another.

Wow! Why do you say that? I've never seen/heard any evidence to that affect.

Wow! Why do you say that? I've never seen/heard any evidence to that affect.
My bad I misunderstood. Well alot of people are thinking JT is asking for a trade by doing stuff that Parcells don't tolerate. Like going to miss mandatory OTA's to dance with the stars. He never has been a leader and he stated that he would trade our team for Tom Brady. It just appears to me he is asking for us to move him without saying because he has his pre-madonna pretty boy image some still haven't seen through. He has been a great player for us but never a leader and that is what Chris is.

Does the fact that the Bengals have come out and said that he isn't going anywhere and the fact that they would take a major cap hit not mean anything? This is a topic that will not die even though there is no validity to the rumors....other than Chad complaining for every camera shoved in his face.

driving up the asking price? making it hush hush so that it does not affect other possibilities on draft day? there are several reasons why they wouldnt say, "YES WE WANT HIM OUT JUST AS BAD!!! Please take him off our heads for nothing!"
CJ wants out, its that simple. Hes making a big scene and teams will know they dont have to offer but a 3rd rounder and itll get done. Why would cincy allow that to happen? I think there is a deal in the works, clearly....after CJ was parading around making news he all of a sudden went totally quiet, why? On his interview last night...he was very discreet. He made it clear that nothing has changed but he shut his mouth...why? Because i think thats the circumstance..."stfu and ull get what u want in one way or another"

Back
Top Bottom