MERGED: Randy Moss to the Raiders per Pioneer Press | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Randy Moss to the Raiders per Pioneer Press

Megatron said:
I hear ya. Thank God all the guys that are pointless for us to persue are either tagged or signed already. That should shut up the peanut gallery for a while.
I agree with you on Alexander and Edge. Would've been nice to add Moss IMO, but the price would have been more than I would've wanted to spend.

with a better offensive system, and opportunity for Chambers, Boston?, Booker, and McMichael- the phins won't need a Randy Moss

Dolfan1000 said:
Umm.. theres been a link posted.

;)

Did you register and actually READ the article? I didnt register, so I cant validate whether it was a legit link or not.. Post a bit of the article please if its legit.

SkapePhin said:
Did you register and actually READ the article? I didnt register, so I cant validate whether it was a legit link or not.. Post a bit of the article please if its legit.

Here:

"
Agent: Vikings trade Moss to Raiders

spacer-1.gif

[size=-1]By SEAN JENSEN[/size]
spacer-1.gif

[size=-1]Pioneer Press[/size]
spacer-1.gif

The Vikings have agreed to trade Randy Moss to the Oakland Raiders for starting linebacker Napoleon Harris, the seventh overall pick in the upcoming draft and a 2005 late-round pick . Trades can be worked out although not announced until next month, and Moss' agent, Dante DiTrapano, told the Pioneer Press on Wednesday that the deal is done.

"Nothing is official until March 2," DiTrapano said. "But don’t be surprised if Randy Moss is wearing the Silver and Black this upcoming season."

Vikings vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski would only say, "We've had some discussions with them (the Raiders), but there is nothing to announce."

Despite repeated denials, the Vikings have been shopping Moss for months, and they found a willing suitor in Al Davis, a maverick owner who embraces controversial players.

"In speaking with Moss, although he has a lot of ties to Minnesota and did not particularly want to be traded, he’s very excited with the possibility of playing for Al Davis and being a part of the Raider tradition," DiTrapano said. "The Raiders have vowed to use Randy’s talents the way they should be used, and that’s to throw the ball vertically down the field.

"Randy’s desire to win a Super Bowl is enhanced with a move to a team like the Raiders, because the Minnesota Vikings seem to be in a constant rebuilding mode."

The Vikings will wind up with the seventh overall pick for the third time in the last four years. In 2002, they drafted left tackle Bryant McKinnie, a starter. Two years ago, they had the seventh pick but a botched trade with Baltimore resulted in them picking two spots later. Still, they landed the player they coveted, defensive tackle Kevin Williams, who has emerged into a Pro Bowl player.

The Vikings have the 18th pick in this year’s draft.

With the departure of Moss, the Vikings' top receiver is third-year receiver Nate Burleson. But the Vikings are expected to bolster that group via the draft or free agency. With a weak free agent class headlined by Pittsburgh's Plaxico Burress, the Vikings’ options could increase with potential salary cap casualties such as Isaac Bruce, Muhsin Muhammad and Derrick Mason.

The NFL Draft in April also offers two promising players, Michigan's Braylon Edwards and Southern Cal's Mike Williams.

Harris was selected by the Raiders with the 23rd pick in the 2002 NFL Draft, and he has recorded 249 tackles, 2.5 sacks, three forced fumbles, and five passes defended over the past three seasons. He is 6-foot-2, 255 pounds, and he can play inside and outside.

The Raiders will assume Moss’ $7.25 million base salary for next season while the Vikings realize a cap savings of nearly $2 million. Four seasons remain on Moss’ eight-year $75 million contract. Sean Jensen covers the Vikings and the NFL. He can be reached at sjensen@pioneerpress.com."

I just didn't want him going to the Jets. But I thought the Vikings said they weren't trading him if Fowler gets approved.

ahmajokester said:
Here:

"
Agent: Vikings trade Moss to Raiders

spacer-1.gif

[size=-1]By SEAN JENSEN[/size]
spacer-1.gif

[size=-1]Pioneer Press[/size]
spacer-1.gif

The Vikings have agreed to trade Randy Moss to the Oakland Raiders for starting linebacker Napoleon Harris, the seventh overall pick in the upcoming draft and a 2005 late-round pick . Trades can be worked out although not announced until next month, and Moss' agent, Dante DiTrapano, told the Pioneer Press on Wednesday that the deal is done.

"Nothing is official until March 2," DiTrapano said. "But don’t be surprised if Randy Moss is wearing the Silver and Black this upcoming season."

Vikings vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski would only say, "We've had some discussions with them (the Raiders), but there is nothing to announce."

Despite repeated denials, the Vikings have been shopping Moss for months, and they found a willing suitor in Al Davis, a maverick owner who embraces controversial players.

"In speaking with Moss, although he has a lot of ties to Minnesota and did not particularly want to be traded, he’s very excited with the possibility of playing for Al Davis and being a part of the Raider tradition," DiTrapano said. "The Raiders have vowed to use Randy’s talents the way they should be used, and that’s to throw the ball vertically down the field.

"Randy’s desire to win a Super Bowl is enhanced with a move to a team like the Raiders, because the Minnesota Vikings seem to be in a constant rebuilding mode."

The Vikings will wind up with the seventh overall pick for the third time in the last four years. In 2002, they drafted left tackle Bryant McKinnie, a starter. Two years ago, they had the seventh pick but a botched trade with Baltimore resulted in them picking two spots later. Still, they landed the player they coveted, defensive tackle Kevin Williams, who has emerged into a Pro Bowl player.

The Vikings have the 18th pick in this year’s draft.

With the departure of Moss, the Vikings' top receiver is third-year receiver Nate Burleson. But the Vikings are expected to bolster that group via the draft or free agency. With a weak free agent class headlined by Pittsburgh's Plaxico Burress, the Vikings’ options could increase with potential salary cap casualties such as Isaac Bruce, Muhsin Muhammad and Derrick Mason.

The NFL Draft in April also offers two promising players, Michigan's Braylon Edwards and Southern Cal's Mike Williams.

Harris was selected by the Raiders with the 23rd pick in the 2002 NFL Draft, and he has recorded 249 tackles, 2.5 sacks, three forced fumbles, and five passes defended over the past three seasons. He is 6-foot-2, 255 pounds, and he can play inside and outside.

The Raiders will assume Moss’ $7.25 million base salary for next season while the Vikings realize a cap savings of nearly $2 million. Four seasons remain on Moss’ eight-year $75 million contract. Sean Jensen covers the Vikings and the NFL. He can be reached at sjensen@pioneerpress.com."

Thank you.. It appears I have been owned. Your name plus the Shaq news just made me question the news.. Sorry about that.

SkapePhin said:

Skape, all you have to do in the future is make up an email address and these types of sites will let you right in.

Maybe the Vikings will want to trade up with the Dolphins to get either Braylon Edwards or Mike Williams. They could trade the 7th pick along with their own first rounder for the #2 pick. I would take that.

Celtkin said:
Skape, all you have to do in the future is make up an email address and these types of sites will let you right in.

Oh, I didnt know that.. Thanks. I never like to fill out these forms, such a drag and then they spam your email box. Thanks for the info.

I figure that Moss would get traded to the Raiders since they always gets players with bad attitude. In my opinion i think that the Raiders just screwed themselves up by getting the cancer to play for them. I only expect for them to win 4-6 games next year.

PhinDude88 said:
I figure that Moss would get traded to the Raiders since they always gets players with bad attitude. In my opinion i think that the Raiders just screwed themselves up by getting the cancer to play for them. I only expect for them to win 4-6 games next year.

Norv Turner sure as heck cant control him... Norv = Wannestedt, facial disfigurements and all.. Norv should grow a mustache.

Ryan1973 said:
Maybe the Vikings will want to trade up with the Dolphins to get either Braylon Edwards or Mike Williams. They could trade the 7th pick along with their own first rounder for the #2 pick. I would take that.
That's what I'm thinking..

With Cleveland likely going BPA (could be Braylon Edwards) and Chicago almost definitely going WR, I think it makes our pick look great to teams wanting the top WR in the draft. Tampa Bay picks 5th, Minnesota 7th, and Washington 9th all come to mind. Tennessee has a need now that Mason is gone, but I don't see them in a position to move up with all of their needs.

I think if any one of those teams does NOT sign a Plaxico Burress or Derrick Mason or somehow get Laverneous Coles or trade for Jerry Porter -- they could be willing to offer up their 1st and 2nd to move up into our spot and grab Edwards...

Back
Top Bottom