Merged: Redskins close to getting Brunell | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Redskins close to getting Brunell

tenndolfan

tennessee chapter of dolfans
Reaction score
redskins close to getting brunnell

i just seen a report on espn news saying the redskins are about to accuire mark brunell in a trade. has anybody else seen or heard this?

Doesn't sound like a situation that Brunell is looking for....

i agree but would that not be out of his hands? they hold his rights correct? they can trade him if they wish right?

Gibbs likes Vet guys. Hmmm...weird trade. Ramsey looks like a good QB to me. Brunell doesn't want to be a lame duck either.

I guess they could and John Fox probably has no real ties to Brunell as far doing him any favors for all he's done for the franchise but, I would hope that maybe the owner would step in and give Brunell some kind of voice in the matter. You know he wouldn't want to go somewhere to back-up anybody.....

And I'm not sure if I'm correct about this but, if they were to trade his rights before the bonus is due then Washington would be on the hook for the 2 mill, and that seems like an awful lot of money to pay for a back-up QB......

Well that's weird since you can't trade anyone until March 4th!

i am also wondering what our options would be if the skins did accuire brunnell. who would be the next guy our new staff will look at. anybody have a good idea to whom that would be? im guessing drew brees if the chargers draft manning.

Espn reports that somebody has offereda 2nd rder for Brunnel to JAx. Len Pascarrelli states that ramsey is under contract thru 2006 would watch and learn behind Brunell, and Ramsey's cap figureis okay fro them to do do..

Maybe A.J.Feely from the Eagles 4-1 as a starter. he's RFA we'd give up a 5th to get him.

I can't see that happening. Patrick Ramsey.....a third year player.....sitting down to learn behind Brunell. Especially after he's been starting for two years.

A second rounder seems pretty high. Especially when he's going to be cut very soon. They'd have to work out a new contract before making such a deal I'd assume.

This whole thing seems a little odd.

Originally posted by chambers84
I want a real link, not a board link. Until then I don't believe it.

There is no link yet buddy. It's being reported on ESPN News and on DC radio.

Back
Top Bottom