Merged: Redskins close to getting Brunell | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Redskins close to getting Brunell

Originally posted by Muck
If Brunell goes to Washington, this pretty much seals it. We wil go after a young QB somehow, someway. Be it in the 1st round, trade for Henson, trade for Ramsey. SOMEHOW we be gunning for a young guy.

Which is basically the bright side out of this situation. The fact that we'll probably be aiming for a young QB this year, no matter what.

I really don't see how Brunell would want to go to Washington, IF Ramsey isn't going to be traded. Ramsey is obvious competition to Brunell.

Actually it makes sense for the Skins. They trade Ramsey to us plus a pick, they have a DE and the vet. QB they want. Gibbs will trade down to maybe 11 with the Steelers and take one of the top three DTs. He has a solid DL now, a veteran QB, WRs, he drafts a RB in the second. (I am supposing that the pick they give for Brunell is a third, a second I'm not sure but anyway, the pick to us won't be high probably a fourth) and then you have to include what the Steelers give to the Skins to make up for that.

I hope the Fins are able to work out a deal for Ramsey however, I have a feeling that Gibbs is going to come out with some statement tomorrow about how you need two quarterbacks these days.

I don't think it matters though. Gibbs can get a player in return if he trades him and he will still have a guy to learn behind Brunell in Tim Hasselbeck.

And if Gibbs can get what's his face's butt in gear that the skins signed then he has a very good DL in O-Gun, Rusell, let's say Randy Starks, Wynn.

wow.. surprising situation here.. i must admit.. it would make me happy as hell to see brunell going to the skins.. i wouldnt want you guys to get him, because he is a good qb.

Originally posted by Tatonka
wow.. surprising situation here.. i must admit.. it would make me happy as hell to see brunell going to the skins.. i wouldnt want you guys to get him, because he is a good qb.

OT: your sig pic is the best on this board

There is nothing but speculation being reported on the local DC Tv stations. One newscast resported that he would be competing for the starting position. The other one said that he would be a backup...concluding that it is not a done deal and there is still time for wiggle room.

They expect him to come in and meet with coach Gibbs on Monday. I suspect that Brunnel would be wanting a guaranteed start and I suspect that Gibbs would want him to redo his contract.

This thing ain't a done deal...but, I expect to hear something more definitive after Brunnel's visit

If Brunnel would prefer to stay in Florida (that's probably why we heard the Dolphins express an open interest in him)...I expect him to refuse to redo his contract and thereby make the trade unreasonable for the Redskins.

We will see soon either way.

Back
Top Bottom