Merged: Redskins close to getting Brunell | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Redskins close to getting Brunell

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
Look at it like this, Ramsey was a 14 TD/9 INT QB in his 2nd year at age 24. You're telling me this guy wouldn't be able to "compete" with Brunell for the starting job? To me, he'd definately beat Brunell out. Something is fishy here, considering the fact that Brunell wants to be handed a starting spot. Ramsey must be on the move.

Whenever I've watched Ramsey, I've been impressed. He's got a strong, accurate arm. Seems like he can make all the throws. He's super tough, playing behind an OL possibly worse than ours. He's certainly not a bad QB.

He makes good decisions where to go with the ball. But he does seem to take too many sacks. Even with that crappy line. I don't know that he has that "fied general" aura to him that guys like Henson, Rivers, Manning, etc have. And I don't know what kind of leader he is.

But he's got the physical skills. Will be interesting to see what unfolds.

Ya but remember he is already a Pro QB, plus with a running game and Trestman and maturation he will get even better.

Very true. He was pretty much doing it alone with a crappy OL and horrible protection schemes. Spurrier was widely criticized for getting the guy killed.

Why would Ramsey sit behind Brunell? Ramsey has been a starter the last 2 years, since when does a 3rd year starter sit behind a newly aquired FA? The Skins would probly trade Brunell elsewhere. Ramsey wont be on the bench

You mean Ramsey elsewhere?

wow!

:eek: this is a shocker
Jaguars officials acknowleged privately last week that they have been offered a second-round draft pick for Brunell by an unspecified team.
way tooo much for a guy like Brunell who was about to be a UFA and can do whatever he wants to negotiate w/Wash :confused:

I w/not consider Brunell much better if better at all than Ramsey

From what I'm hearing if the deal goes down, Brunell will be the starter, Ramsey backup. They won't trade Ramsey.

It ticks me off to be honest. I wanted him here.

Ramsey won't accept the role though.

This could be an indication that we will pursue a QB in the first round. Brunell's agent said that Brunell wants to avoid any team that is pursuing a QB in the first round. I guess he has a strong feeling that is what we will do.

Ramsey has no choice but to except it. He's under contract. Gibbs will make him come around, he's a dam good coach, and players respect him.

Looking more and more like a rookie behind Jay.

Yes he has a choice, he can holdout and no one you don't want a QB controversy. You don't start your first two years and then get your job taken away from you. He will get traded if this happens mark my words.

If Brunell goes to Washington, this pretty much seals it. We wil go after a young QB somehow, someway. Be it in the 1st round, trade for Henson, trade for Ramsey. SOMEHOW we be gunning for a young guy.

We be gunning for a young gun.:D

Back
Top Bottom