Merged: Redskins close to getting Brunell | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Redskins close to getting Brunell

Originally posted by pats4life
The way it sounds is that Ramsey will be the back up for a year or two while they try and win with Brunnel now. I actually dont think the Skins are that far away, a running back and D line and they are in the thick of things. Perhaps O-gun for Ramsey might make sense?
well if they are that close as you say then why cant they win with ramsey? if they dont think they can win with ramsey now then why could they later? and no o-gun for ramsey does not make sense unless we recieved a draft pick to go with it. that trade alone wold be stupid id rather keep o-gun if thats all we recieved.

The way it sounds is that Ramsey will be the back up for a year or two while they try and win with Brunnel now. I actually dont think the Skins are that far away, a running back and D line and they are in the thick of things. Perhaps O-gun for Ramsey might make sense?

That's an even worse idea than getting Ramsey in the first place. If you throw in Laveranues Coles or LaVar Arrington that might be reasonable.

If the Redskins trade for Brunell and he doesn't start, Brunell will not be happy.

I don't know why they would want Brunell anything. I think Ramsey is a pretty good young QB. Also, Brunell will have a very high cap number next season in Washington if they trade for him (they would still have to pay his base salary) and if he doesn't like the situation, I doubt he would be open to restructuring.

Originally posted by tenndolfan
well if they are that close as you say then why cant they win with ramsey? if they dont think they can win with ramsey now then why could they later? and no o-gun for ramsey does not make sense unless we recieved a draft pick to go with it. that trade alone wold be stupid id rather keep o-gun if thats all we recieved.

My best guess is that Gibbs is not sure that Ramsey can learn a new offense in the off-season and he wants a vet QB who knows a little more and has more experience. I really dont see why the Skins want Brunnel either I thought that Ramsey was a good young QB, perhaps his injury is not healing properly but I have no idea. If I was the Dolphins I would trade O-gun for Ramsey though, you deal with a potential cap problem, you can use your first round pick for another need, and it might free up some money for another free agent with not having to pay for O-gun, IMO it would be a good deal for both the Skins and Fins you might even get a draft pick out of them as well. :)

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
If the Redskins trade for Brunell and he doesn't start, Brunell will not be happy.

I don't know why they would want Brunell anything. I think Ramsey is a pretty good young QB. Also, Brunell will have a very high cap number next season in Washington if they trade for him (they would still have to pay his base salary) and if he doesn't like the situation, I doubt he would be open to restructuring.

I read the ESPN article and sounds like Brunnel is well aware of what is going and he and his agent aer going to work out a new deal if he was unhappy about the potential move then why would he sign a new contract with the Redskins.

My best guess is that Gibbs is not sure that Ramsey can learn a new offense in the off-season and he wants a vet QB who knows a little more and has more experience. I really dont see why the Skins want Brunnel either I thought that Ramsey was a good young QB, perhaps his injury is not healing properly but I have no idea. If I was the Dolphins I would trade O-gun for Ramsey though, you deal with a potential cap problem, you can use your first round pick for another need, and it might free up some money for another free agent with not having to pay for O-gun, IMO it would be a good deal for both the Skins and Fins you might even get a draft pick out of them as well. :)
well if ramsey cant learn a new system there then he could not in miami neither. so that makes no sense.and if he could not learn a new system then he is not a god qb to begin with.but i understand what you are trying to say you are clueless like the rest of us. :D

Originally posted by tenndolfan
well if ramsey cant learn a new system there then he could not in miami neither. so that makes no sense.and if he could not learn a new system then he is not a god qb to begin with.but i understand what you are trying to say you are clueless like the rest of us. :D

Yep :lol:

Well since they seem to be ignoring him pretty much if an O-Gun for Jacobs(didn't get much of a chance, injury filled rookie year) and Ramsey deal could be done I would be very happy.

also our cap problem can be fixed with some reconstruction that almost every player that it is concerning said they would redo their deal to help the team. so we can keep our players along with resigning o-gun and accuiring some key free agents. :D

Ramsey would be a dream to have here. He would improve with a run O and Trestman has a killer arm, good size, we can build an OL for him. Only 25 years old.

A poster on KFFL made a great point about Ramsey to Miami. That would be a great move for us. He mentioned trading Ogunleye for Ramsey/pick. It's obvious the Skins need pass rush and DL help in general, and it's obvious we need a QB for the future, that is actually ready to play now.

Look at it like this, Ramsey was a 14 TD/9 INT QB in his 2nd year at age 24. You're telling me this guy wouldn't be able to "compete" with Brunell for the starting job? To me, he'd definately beat Brunell out. Something is fishy here, considering the fact that Brunell wants to be handed a starting spot. Ramsey must be on the move.

I considered Brunell a key part of the solution to our short-term needs. Prior to this, my frustrations with the front office circus have been abstract. They're rapidly becoming concrete.:(

Back
Top Bottom