Merged: Reggie Bush | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Reggie Bush

They are so much better off trading the pick for more draft picks... From a football decision standpoint, this pick would make no sense at all in my opinion... They're better off trading down to #4 or #5 and taking D' Brickashaw....

Wow. That just contradicted everything I just posted in another thread..

Either that, or the Texans are opening up the bidding war on Reggie Bush.

The draft is loaded with LTs that the Texans could get one at the top of the 2nd round because either Eric Winston, Jonathan Scott, Andrew Whitworth, or Daryn Colledge (who's a zone type blocker that I'm sure Kubiak will go to). The Texans need offensive talent, Bush is offensive talent. Domanick Davis is just an average NFL back, Bush has a good chance to be great.

There is no doubt that Reggie Bush would make any team better, but for this franchise drafting him is simply not a sound strategy.... Bush is a rare athlete who scouts describe as "special" and he can dominate a game with explosive plays as a runner, receiver and return man.... However, with the Texans he will have to split carries with Davis and won't even help out as a kick returner because they already have a Pro Bowler there in rookie Jerome Mathis... If they want to make the flashy pick and appease the fans they will take Bush, but if they want to make the right football decision they would move down for a package of draft picks and take Ferguson... From all accounts it looks like the team plans to select Bush but you have to wonder how much of an impact he will be able to have for this team with precious few weapons around him and limited opportunities to get his hands on the ball.....

Certainly he'll go #1 overall now but I assume that the Texans would listen to the Jets if they try to trade up.

However, with the Texans he will have to split carries with Davis and won't even help out as a kick returner because they already have a Pro Bowler there in rookie Jerome Mathis...

Where ever Reggie goes he's gonna end up splitting carries with another back to start his career anyway. Reggie would be 12-15 & Davis would get 10-12, just like we do with Ricky & Ronnie, like the Steelers do with Parker & Bettis. So the reason for not taking him really comes down to "the Texans already have a great kick returner in Jerome Mathis." That's an extremely bad reason. Down the road they would have Domanick Davis as a bargaining chip if they want to hand Reggie the ball more.

Hmmm... What would the Browns have done if we hadn't picked Brown? Rodgers?

Back
Top Bottom