Merged: Reggie Tongue | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Reggie Tongue

beejay05

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Safety Reggie Tongue Released

Just read on the ESPNews bottom line..Jets released Reggie tongue today. anyone interested? I say sign him up for a year.

NJFINSFAN1

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Did you see him play last year? The Jets are hurting for safteys also, Mcgraw is coming back for them. I would not touch him.

Trackstar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
It's a thought. I'm gonna go check his bio and stats before I say we need him or anything. He did play well a couple years back against us.

Edit: I'm thinking of someone else, for some odd reason the Falcons came to mind.

ether79

Down but not out!
Reaction score
NJFINSFAN1 said:
Did you see him play last year? The Jets are hurting for safteys also, Mcgraw is coming back for them. I would not touch him.
:yeahthat:

pigskinguy

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
beejay05 said:
Just read on the ESPNews bottom line..Jets released Reggie tongue today. anyone interested? I say sign him up for a year.

I just heard it too. I wondered to myself how long it would take for a "Let's pick up Reggie Tongue" thread to start.
I took less that 10 minutes :lol:

beejay05

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I agree he is definately not anything special, but I think we need another able body out their. Could you guys imagine if Tebucky went down for a few games? Other htan him the rest of our safeties are unproven.

Dolfan1000

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
Guys, no need to diss their safety situation because ours is not exactly stellar. Tongue would be a fine addition to a secondary that lacks experience- especially with Tillman's surgery. I wouldnt be shocked if we went after him- he will be far cheaper then Schulters.

NJFINSFAN1

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Remember, the Cheifs and there sad defense let him go to the Jets! They now have Knight who we let go. Let the young guys play.

Dolfan1000

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
The guy is somewhat of a playmaker. He had only 1 pick during last year's regular season, but 2 in 2 playoff games and 4 the year before.

Dolfan1000

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
NJFINSFAN1 said:
Remember, the Cheifs and there sad defense let him go to the Jets! They now have Knight who we let go. Let the young guys play.

That is stupid logic.

"The Chiefs let him go and their D sucks!!!"

We let Todd Wade go when our O-Line was in shambles. Does it mean he is a terrible player? Does it mean we just didnt want him? No- but things like this happen in today's NFL.

cad

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Tongue left the Chiefs at a time were KC had a good Defense !

NJFINSFAN1

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Dolfan1000 said:
That is stupid logic.

"The Chiefs let him go and their D sucks!!!"

We let Todd Wade go when our O-Line was in shambles. Does it mean he is a terrible player? Does it mean we just didnt want him? No- but things like this happen in today's NFL.

As is you logic, the guy is done, point blank, everytime someone is cut, someone wants him.

Enough is enough.

Top Bottom