Merged: Reggie Tongue | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Reggie Tongue

CanadaPhinsFan said:
I would much rather have the young guys get a chance. The secondary is Saban's specialty. Let's see what he can do before we panic. By all accounts, he's an incredible teacher.

Well Saban is making this decision (whether we do bring in Tongue or not), so if he does so does it mean that he doesnt think he can teach this secondary to be sufficient? No- it simply is adding another quality player to a secondary that has the potential to be very good. It could also mean that Nick has seen enough of Yeremiah Bell and Tony Bua to know they are not going to be starting quality, no matter who is teaching them.

enigmatics said:
Please logically explain how Reggie Tongue would bring anything to this team other than just being a random Joe Shmoe filling out the roster. His Seattle days are far far behind him. Anybody who saw him play in KC, as I did, saw a bad safety. He's a waste of a roster spot.
I just dont see how you can call someone who started every game last year a waste of a roster spot. Especially considering it is a position of need for us. Dont get me wrong, I would love either Bua, Bell, or Tillman to step up, but there are all unproven. TIllman has a history of being hurt and is hurt right now. Bua spent most of year hurt last year, along with Bell. We need help their and Tongue provides that.

beejay05 said:
I just dont see how you can call someone who started every game last year a waste of a roster spot. Especially considering it is a position of need for us. Dont get me wrong, I would love either Bua, Bell, or Tillman to step up, but there are all unproven. TIllman has a history of being hurt and is hurt right now. Bua spent most of year hurt last year, along with Bell. We need help their and Tongue provides that.

At some point you have to develop talent. Don't be a greedy football fan. So what, we sign Tongue just to start??????? He's not an impactual football player anymore. We don't know if we're even going to be competitive this year so why ruin the chance for guys like Bell, Bua or Tillman to develop? When KC deems the man expendable, you know he doesn't have much left to offer........otherwise he would've been kept........they're in no better of a situation with their safeties than we are.

Dolfan1000 said:
Well Saban is making this decision (whether we do bring in Tongue or not), so if he does so does it mean that he doesnt think he can teach this secondary to be sufficient? No- it simply is adding another quality player to a secondary that has the potential to be very good. It could also mean that Nick has seen enough of Yeremiah Bell and Tony Bua to know they are not going to be starting quality, no matter who is teaching them.

Uh no. Saban hasn't even seen these guys with pads on yet so how on God's earth is he going to know how his current guys will shape up on his system. Reggie Tongue quality? So the Chiefs, who need quality secondary guys like we do, deem him expendable because he's quality? Not exactly man. He's an aging player who's best days were with the Seahawks some years ago. He'd be a camp body at best.

You keep mentioning the Chiefs.

The Chiefs, the chiefs, the chiefs, the chiefs... that was 4 YEARS AGO.

Dolfan1000 said:
You keep mentioning the Chiefs.

The Chiefs, the chiefs, the chiefs, the chiefs... that was 4 YEARS AGO.

Actually it was two years ago.......... but that's not the point. He's an aging vet.......we don't need anymore of those.

enigmatics said:
Actually it was two years ago.......... but that's not the point. He's an aging vet.......we don't need anymore of those.

well imo we are still interstead in law and the longer he sits there and no one picks him up i know we said we are not interstead but i think we r playing opposum with him and after all is said and done i think he will sign a one year deal with us to prove himself but that is imo and a good feeling that is what saban is doing just buying time cause i dont think nobody we give him the money he wants this year but we will just have to wait n see

jason_taylor said:
well imo we are still interstead in law and the longer he sits there and no one picks him up i know we said we are not interstead but i think we r playing opposum with him and after all is said and done i think he will sign a one year deal with us to prove himself but that is imo and a good feeling that is what saban is doing just buying time cause i dont think nobody we give him the money he wants this year but we will just have to wait n see

Let's see..........Reggie Tongue.........Ty Law..........Reggie Tongue........Ty Law........... hmmmmmmmmmm, perplexing. The two should never be mentioned in the same sentence. If we're to risk a roster spot on another aging vet, it's a no brainer Ty would be signed, not Reggie Tongue. C'mon, better example please.

enigmatics said:
Let's see..........Reggie Tongue.........Ty Law..........Reggie Tongue........Ty Law........... hmmmmmmmmmm, perplexing. The two should never be mentioned in the same sentence. If we're to risk a roster spot on another aging vet, it's a no brainer Ty would be signed, not Reggie Tongue. C'mon, better example please.

imo law is as good as madison you r the one that should havent used reggie and law in the same sentence but i think if we do get law and so far nobody has signed him he would be a great addition aleast 4 one year and he could help madison with the rooks so yes ty maybe getting old but he is still one of the top 10 cbs in the league :shakeno:

enigmatics said:
At some point you have to develop talent. Don't be a greedy football fan. So what, we sign Tongue just to start??????? He's not an impactual football player anymore. We don't know if we're even going to be competitive this year so why ruin the chance for guys like Bell, Bua or Tillman to develop? When KC deems the man expendable, you know he doesn't have much left to offer........otherwise he would've been kept........they're in no better of a situation with their safeties than we are.
Do you atleast agree that we need help at safety? Yes it is nice to develope talent, but all we have at safety is TIllman, Bell, and Bua. A 2nd round pick that has done nothing in 4 years, a 6th round pick, and a 5th round pick that converted from OLB, respectively. I see the Reggie Tongue signing simular to the Mario Edwards signing. He is a serviceable vet that has started, and could fill in if none of the young guys step up. You have to agree that a vet at safety could not hurt if we give him a 1 year deal.

beejay05 said:
Do you atleast agree that we need help at safety? Yes it is nice to develope talent, but all we have at safety is TIllman, Bell, and Bua. A 2nd round pick that has done nothing in 4 years, a 6th round pick, and a 5th round pick that converted from OLB, respectively. I see the Reggie Tongue signing simular to the Mario Edwards signing. He is a serviceable vet that has started, and could fill in if none of the young guys step up. You have to agree that a vet at safety could not hurt if we give him a 1 year deal.[/QUote

true but if we can land law 4 around the same price i would rather have him

Back
Top Bottom