Merged:Ricky Williams IS Coming Back!!!!/I would expect Ricky back | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Ricky Williams IS Coming Back!!!!/I would expect Ricky back

BlueFin said:
I wouldn't doubt it, obviously its a financial neccesity for Ricky....so he'll be motivated, the Dolphins could obviously use him if he has his head screwed back on.

I think its telling that Dolphin team leaders like Zach and Sam have been on the radio publically giving their approval of it. I think its gonna happen.

If they can forgive him and want him back to win games, then fans should as well.

Let's not lose sight about what it's all about....WINNING GAMES!!!!

Blue, you might be getting your wish after all.

BlueFin said:
I wouldn't doubt it, obviously its a financial neccesity for Ricky....so he'll be motivated, the Dolphins could obviously use him if he has his head screwed back on.

I think its telling that Dolphin team leaders like Zach and Sam have been on the radio publically giving their approval of it. I think its gonna happen.

Good point. I believe Ricky feels better hearing that Zach and Sam would take him back.

Ricky better not be making any contract demands. He should be happy with the vet minimum if the phins take him back. It's also not like he has any trade value. IMO, if Ricky does comeback then he'll be a Dolphin for at least next season. It wouldn't make much sense for Saban to pursue this bum, just to trade him for peanuts.

Celtkin said:
Thanks for the info.

Is your friend a friend of Ricky, Ricky's agent, evesdropper at the phone company, or a Dolphin's insider?

If he knew I was posting this, he'd probably go nuts, so I really can't say who he knows, or how he knows it. All I know is that he was able to listen into the conference call that happened yesterday. I highly doubt he is lying as the excitement on his face spoke volumes. It is far from a done deal, but the fact is they are working out the contractual details. I don't know what those details are, but it is the same as last year, Ricky wants a new contract. I believe the 8.6 mil he owes us will also be forgiven somehow, not sure how though.

And they want to get this done before the draft, not necessarily announce it before the draft.

Whatever hes making is going to be worth it because it will rid him of his 8.6 million dollar debt.

Bad Lieutenant said:
If he knew I was posting this, he'd probably go nuts, so I really can't say who he knows, or how her knows it. All I know is that he was able to listen into the conference call that happened yesterday. I highly doubt he is lying as the excitement on his face spoke volumes. It is far from a done deal, but the fact is they are working out the contractual details. I don't know what those details are, but it is the same as last year, Ricky wants a new contract. I believe the 8.6 mil he owes us will also be forgiven somehow, not sure how though.

And they want to get this done before the draft, not necessarily announce it before the draft.

Oh, I don't doubt you and it sure would change things if Ricky returned. As far as Ricky's 8.6 MM debt, that would go away if he came back and played under his old contract or if he signed a new contract that excluded the retirement clause.

thank god. Now I can get my Ricky Williams Jersey out from the bottom of the closet and out it on.

I've always said since this whole thing went down last year, Ricky will either be back or he will off himself, I didn't see a middle round. I'm personally glad that it appears he may be coming back.

Seems to me the Dolphins don't have the cap space to sign Ricky and the draft picks...so unless Saban is going to gut the team for a nut job...I don't see it happening. One can't say I want high character and say Ricky Williams with the same breath.

Bad Lieutenant said:

Assuming this is true, and with respect, we have been told these things before with it not being true. But, if it is true, the last part is the most interesting to me.

Why before the draft? Only if Saban wants to secure a starting RB going into the draft. It sounds like he is trying to settle the RB issue so he can go a different direction in the draft. If so, is he looking at Smith after all?

Hmmm......

I'll give him a 'new' contract... How's the Vet min with EVERYTHING else in incentives... $1000 for playing every game, $1M for staying off weed, etc...

Bad Lieutenant said:
If he knew I was posting this, he'd probably go nuts, so I really can't say who he knows, or how he knows it. All I know is that he was able to listen into the conference call that happened yesterday. I highly doubt he is lying as the excitement on his face spoke volumes. It is far from a done deal, but the fact is they are working out the contractual details. I don't know what those details are, but it is the same as last year, Ricky wants a new contract. I believe the 8.6 mil he owes us will also be forgiven somehow, not sure how though.

Question. If they want to get this done before the draft, meaning new contract, wouldn't he have to serve a 1 year suspension? I thought he had to wait until July to only serve a 4 game suspension. Am I wrong?

bdmagnum said:
Question. If they want to get this done before the draft, meaning new contract, wouldn't he have to serve a 1 year suspension? I thought he had to wait until July to only serve a 4 game suspension. Am I wrong?

You're absolutely right. I think if the poster is correct, Saban would want an agreement in principal before the draft.

RICKY is ONLY coming back because he owes the team money!!!!! 8.6 million!!!!

He doesn't care about winning because he would of have never left in the first place. He can come back and back up Travis Minor and Lamar.....thats what he deserves.....QUITTER !!

HE OWES THEM MONEY....NO OTHER EXPLANATION !!!

Do you guys not forget he said he was TIRED of Football and that he only wanted to be a great COLLEGE PLAYER!!!!

DOLFANS, don't be naive.....obviously he's better than anything we got now....but are you willing to take back a quitter, just because he has to come back????

THIS IS A TEAM GAME!!! NO i in Team REMEMBER???

Back
Top Bottom