Merged:Ricky Williams IS Coming Back!!!!/I would expect Ricky back | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Ricky Williams IS Coming Back!!!!/I would expect Ricky back

If his heart is in it and he stays on his meds, then I would love having Ricky back.

laxcoach said:
If Ricky wants to come back and the fins want him back the answer is the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
1 - He needs to get diagnosed with manic-depression by a couple of doctors.
2 - He needs to get treatment including prescription drugs (cough-Paxil).
3 - Ricky needs to sign an affidavit saying that he started smoking pot AND quit football because he was clinically depressed.
4 - Then, the fins and his agent petition the NFL for immediate reinstatement under the ADA.

IF Ricky is diagnosed as disabled with a psychological disorder, the NFL and the Dolphins CANNOT deny him the opportunity to work based on that disability.

Did you hear the rumors about Saban telling Ricky that he should get treatment? I wonder if they have figured this out yet. I HAVE NO INFO FROM DOLPHINS INSIDERS. But, that is how I would attack this if I were involved. (I'm a corporate-type and I know the ADA kills us.)

The mary-jane issue can be written off as a manic-depressive wrong-headed thinking thing. Anyone ever work with a Paxil or Prozac head? They are nuts. They start taking the drugs. A month or two later they are the happiest people you know. Six months later they think they are "cured" and stop taking the drugs. A month or two later they are nuts again. Ricky needs his Paxil.

A couple of final points. If I were Wayne, my contract with Ricky would have something about him being required to take his meds. If Ricky does come back, he NEEDS to be a Dolphin for a year or they won't get fair value for him. If he puts up 1500+ yards next year then he is worth more than a guy who is coming off a mental breakdown.
Ask a Psychiatrists about coming off of Prozac. One who knows will tell you that some people can recover and stop taking meds, and will never have to take them again. On the other hand, some will relapse into worse episodes and have to start taking them again. It is not as cut and dried as you say.
And to the comment of them being "nuts", try it yourself and see how it feels. I am a so called "prozac head" because of clinical depression, and comments like that can make someone feel like sh*t.

I know that Ricky had social anxiety, but when did all this depression talk start? I don't ever recall anyone ever saying he was depressed. Even in his 60 minutes interview he was smiling like an idiot and the reporter said "Why are you smiling?"
RW: "Cause I'm happy!" This is my assessment from what I've seen of Ricky.

Selfish? Yes. Spontaneous? Yes. Afraid of too much attention? Yes. Somewhat stupid? Yes. Depressed? No...

I think the guy just thinks on a different level than us. That level is all about him. Just like when he was asked to apologize, and he said he didn't have a reason to apologize. Retiring was the best thing for HIM, and HE is happy with HIS decision.

Just my thoughts...

Themajster said:
I know that Ricky had social anxiety, but when did all this depression talk start? I don't ever recall anyone ever saying he was depressed. Even in his 60 minutes interview he was smiling like an idiot and the reporter said "Why are you smiling?"
RW: "Cause I'm happy!" This is my assessment from what I've seen of Ricky.

Selfish? Yes. Spontaneous? Yes. Afraid of too much attention? Yes. Somewhat stupid? Yes. Depressed? No...

I think the guy just thinks on a different level than us. That level is all about him. Just like when he was asked to apologize, and he said he didn't have a reason to apologize. Retiring was the best thing for HIM, and HE is happy with HIS decision.

Just my thoughts...

He started getting very depressed as soon as the $8.6 mil payment due notice arrived in the mail...... :lol:

dolfan72734me said:
And to the comment of them being "nuts", try it yourself and see how it feels. I am a so called "prozac head" because of clinical depression, and comments like that can make someone feel like sh*t.

I apologize. I should have been clearer. I meant the people who keep going on and off of them on their own disgression. I did NOT mean people who stay on them or people who go off them on the advice of their doctors. When I said nuts, I did NOT mean people who take prozac or paxil are nuts. I meant that the on-again, off-again cycle makes people nuts to deal with. It does. They are MORE unbalanced because of the drug cycling.

BTW, the prozac-head reference was insensitive. I don't mean to equate it with being a druggy. It was a flippant way to refer to people who take those drugs. Sorry to offend or put down. It was not the point of my comment.

laxcoach said:
I apologize. I should have been clearer. I meant the people who keep going on and off of them on their own disgression. I did NOT mean people who stay on them or people who go off them on the advice of their doctors. When I said nuts, I did NOT mean people who take prozac or paxil are nuts. I meant that the on-again, off-again cycle makes people nuts to deal with. It does. They are MORE unbalanced because of the drug cycling.

BTW, the prozac-head reference was insensitive. I don't mean to equate it with being a druggy. It was a flippant way to refer to people who take those drugs. Sorry to offend or put down. It was not the point of my comment.
Hey, no worries. Now that I look at it, I understand what you were getting at. Sometimes I get a little sensative about the subject, and I probably read into it too much. In all actuality, you were speaking the truth. :)
I am actually learning to make light of my situation, sometimes it is the best way to deal with it. :cooldude:

laxcoach said:
If Ricky wants to come back and the fins want him back the answer is the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
3 - Ricky needs to sign an affidavit saying that he started smoking pot AND quit football because he was clinically depressed.
4 - Then, the fins and his agent petition the NFL for immediate reinstatement under the ADA.

IF Ricky is diagnosed as disabled with a psychological disorder, the NFL and the Dolphins CANNOT deny him the opportunity to work based on that disability.

Did you hear the rumors about Saban telling Ricky that he should get treatment? I wonder if they have figured this out yet. I HAVE NO INFO FROM DOLPHINS INSIDERS. But, that is how I would attack this if I were involved. (I'm a corporate-type and I know the ADA kills us.)

The mary-jane issue can be written off as a manic-depressive wrong-headed thinking thing. Anyone ever work with a Paxil or Prozac head? They are nuts. They start taking the drugs. A month or two later they are the happiest people you know. Six months later they think they are "cured" and stop taking the drugs. A month or two later they are nuts again. Ricky needs his Paxil.

A couple of final points. If I were Wayne, my contract with Ricky would have something about him being required to take his meds. If Ricky does come back, he NEEDS to be a Dolphin for a year or they won't get fair value for him. If he puts up 1500+ yards next year then he is worth more than a guy who is coming off a mental breakdown.
Wow, you're not only insensitive; you're also uninformed. First of all, people do not take Paxil or Prozac for Manic-Depression. In fact your terminology is antiquated. The disorder you refer to is Bipolar disorder, and usually people take Lithium for this. Paxil and Prozac are prescribed for Depression; which is very different from (Manic-Depression) Bipolar Disorder. Secondly, someone who has Bipolar Disorder, Depression, or Social Anxiety Disorder (what RW is diagnosed with) are not "nuts". They are sick. Do you call people who use wheelchairs "crips" or people with mental ******ation "******s"?? These people might be an inconvenience to you in your "corporate world" but they are nonetheless people who deserve "equal access" to their community, and that is what the Adults with disabilities Act is in place to ensure.

laxcoach said:

You have no clue about the ADA. Reasonable accomodation to smoke dope? I do know that no Circuit Court will reinstate him if he chose to retire so that he could enjoy his "disability"...doesn't happen that way.

The Dolphins did nothing to discriminate against Ricky(he wasn't fired, he quit) and he has no claims.

Lungoystr said:
I am in a position in which I occasionally get inside info from a co-worker (who serves on the Phins medical staff). This young lady also has a father that serves on the Phins medical staff as well. Besides being on the Phins staff, she is also good friends with quite a few of the players. Because she tells me things in private conversation, I am very reluctant to post many of the things I hear due to the fact that she usually gets her info directly from players in private conversation. Knowing that the info was obtained in confidence directly from various players, I don't feel that it is right to betray that trust by posting info on the forums (not to mention the fact that many of the guys on here would blast it as rumor anyway).

By being so specific about details concerning this young lady, you are putting her at a VERY great risk. Anyone connected w/ the team who reads this post could ID her and she would probably be fired at the least, fired AND hauled to court at worst. Not to mention how the players would feel about this violation of confidence.

I am not trying to give you a hard time about it... but this info really should not be posted.

I agree with dolphingator....if some of your rumors become true then will start to trust you but don't get anyone or their family in trouble.

I can't see how you could lose respect in junior because he wants to come back and took a paycut.

Back
Top Bottom