Merged:Ricky Williams IS Coming Back!!!!/I would expect Ricky back | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Ricky Williams IS Coming Back!!!!/I would expect Ricky back

Bad Lieutenant said:
I have it on good authority that Ricky Williams is definitely coming back. There was a conference call yesterday between Williams, his agent, and the Dolphins. The only sticking point right now is that Ricky wants a new contract before he comes back. Now I don't know if it means he will play for the Dolphins, or if it is a sign and trade, but it seems at this point he is definitely coming back, and he is in negotiations with the Fins to get it done before the draft.

Take it for what it's worth, and I know I'll get flamed for posting this, but my friend has no reason to lie.
l

I beleive you man
:cooldude:

I don't think Saban will sign him before July, it will mean we don't have him for the first 4 games and with only Gordon in the backfield(assuming we don't draft a RB) we will be a bit thin back there.

NorthFloridaFin said:
Do you mean accept?? Because you probably can't expect him to return!!!

I would not expect to accept him back, except I expect that Saban would accept him back. :goof:

Oboy said:
I'll give him a 'new' contract... How's the Vet min with EVERYTHING else in incentives... $1000 for playing every game, $1M for staying off weed, etc...

Master P....Is that you?

BLITZKRIEG said:
Until this becomes official, I can't take it too seriously....

If anything does become official, it wont be until after July 1st 2005. We've got some time to kill between now and then....

I'm all for it though!!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!

Actually Blitz,

We might know April 23rd....I would highly assume RW is coming back if we don't draft a RB and we don't have a 2nd round pick.

Dolfan2788 said:
I don't think Saban will sign him before July, it will mean we don't have him for the first 4 games and with only Gordon in the backfield(assuming we don't draft a RB) we will be a bit thin back there.
IF Ricky does come back, you are right that he won't be back until July. BUT, they could agree in principal to a deal that would bring him back that they won't make official before July.

Bad Lieutenant said:
I have it on good authority that Ricky Williams is definitely coming back. There was a conference call yesterday between Williams, his agent, and the Dolphins. The only sticking point right now is that Ricky wants a new contract before he comes back. Now I don't know if it means he will play for the Dolphins, or if it is a sign and trade, but it seems at this point he is definitely coming back, and he is in negotiations with the Fins to get it done before the draft.

Take it for what it's worth, and I know I'll get flamed for posting this, but my friend has no reason to lie.
Were you in your astro body when this information was given to you. Just joking, I don't know if I want this to be true or not.

fishypete said:
Seems to me the Dolphins don't have the cap space to sign Ricky and the draft picks...so unless Saban is going to gut the team for a nut job...I don't see it happening. One can't say I want high character and say Ricky Williams with the same breath.

That's correct sir. They will have to give him bonus money to afford him for one year, then they must sign the #2 pick to a large salary.

Man some of the Ricky fans are going to need some of his meds if he walks out once again. Not me though, I fully expect it.

As to this thread, I don't buy that someone had the luxury of listening in on a conference call, not unless he is the agent. Agents talking about their clients out of context like this take a huge chance at getting fired.

fishypete said:
Seems to me the Dolphins don't have the cap space to sign Ricky and the draft picks...so unless Saban is going to gut the team for a nut job...I don't see it happening. One can't say I want high character and say Ricky Williams with the same breath.

I believe since Rickys old contract is still a valid contract which he still has to honor. He would be part of the current cap. He would not need to resign unless they redid the terms of his contract.

marinotoclayton said:
I believe since Rickys old contract is still a valid contract which he still has to honor. He would be part of the current cap. He would not need to resign unless they redid the terms of his contract.

His current contract is not part of the cap at this time, and if they do reinstate him under the terms of that contract then they will need to clear around 4.5 million....

marinotoclayton said:

I don't think that's the case since he is technically retired he would not count against the cap.

PhinKev said:
Assuming this is true, and with respect, we have been told these things before with it not being true. But, if it is true, the last part is the most interesting to me.

Why before the draft? Only if Saban wants to secure a starting RB going into the draft. It sounds like he is trying to settle the RB issue so he can go a different direction in the draft. If so, is he looking at Smith after all?

Hmmm......
.......or Edwards

fishypete said:
One can't say I want high character and say Ricky Williams with the same breath.

Sure they can Pete...

Saban: "I want a high character... hmmmm... what about that Ricky Williams...?"

See, it can be done!

dolphindiehard said:
True but dont forget, he cant come back officially to the roster before July and if he comes back then he wont play in a regular season game until Oct. because of the 4 game suspension. Therefore in reality he has 6 months to work out and get back in shape. That is very possible.

clear.gif
6 months to put 0n 40 pounds of muscle maybe if he hires David Boston as his supplier uh I mean trainer!

Back
Top Bottom