Merged:Ricky Williams IS Coming Back!!!!/I would expect Ricky back | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Ricky Williams IS Coming Back!!!!/I would expect Ricky back

eddie4fins said:
clear.gif
6 months to put 0n 40 pounds of muscle maybe if he hires David Boston as his supplier uh I mean trainer!
Barry Bonds will need something to do this summer while he heals. :wink:

marinotoclayton said:
I believe since Rickys old contract is still a valid contract which he still has to honor. He would be part of the current cap. He would not need to resign unless they redid the terms of his contract.

Since he's on the 'retired' list, he's off of our cap right now...

Cannonboy said:
thank god. Now I can get my Ricky Williams Jersey out from the bottom of the closet and out it on.

that I can agree with.

To prevent him from just coming back to be relieved of the 8.6 million we need to take the 8.6 down gradually. Example would be that after his 1st year off weed, minimum of 1000 yards, plays a certain # of games, etc, etc, then 2.5 million comes off, the same after the second year and so on until he is fully relieved of the debt. If we dont do it that way then Ricky has no incentive to really bust his a$$ and give the effort we want out of him.

Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) is the answer

If Ricky wants to come back and the fins want him back the answer is the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
1 - He needs to get diagnosed with manic-depression by a couple of doctors.
2 - He needs to get treatment including prescription drugs (cough-Paxil).
3 - Ricky needs to sign an affidavit saying that he started smoking pot AND quit football because he was clinically depressed.
4 - Then, the fins and his agent petition the NFL for immediate reinstatement under the ADA.

IF Ricky is diagnosed as disabled with a psychological disorder, the NFL and the Dolphins CANNOT deny him the opportunity to work based on that disability.

Did you hear the rumors about Saban telling Ricky that he should get treatment? I wonder if they have figured this out yet. I HAVE NO INFO FROM DOLPHINS INSIDERS. But, that is how I would attack this if I were involved. (I'm a corporate-type and I know the ADA kills us.)

The mary-jane issue can be written off as a manic-depressive wrong-headed thinking thing. Anyone ever work with a Paxil or Prozac head? They are nuts. They start taking the drugs. A month or two later they are the happiest people you know. Six months later they think they are "cured" and stop taking the drugs. A month or two later they are nuts again. Ricky needs his Paxil.

A couple of final points. If I were Wayne, my contract with Ricky would have something about him being required to take his meds. If Ricky does come back, he NEEDS to be a Dolphin for a year or they won't get fair value for him. If he puts up 1500+ yards next year then he is worth more than a guy who is coming off a mental breakdown.

Bad Lieutenant said:
If he knew I was posting this, he'd probably go nuts, so I really can't say who he knows, or how he knows it. All I know is that he was able to listen into the conference call that happened yesterday.

I know what you mean. I am in a position in which I occasionally get inside info from a co-worker (who serves on the Phins medical staff). This young lady also has a father that serves on the Phins medical staff as well. Besides being on the Phins staff, she is also good friends with quite a few of the players. Because she tells me things in private conversation, I am very reluctant to post many of the things I hear due to the fact that she usually gets her info directly from players in private conversation. Knowing that the info was obtained in confidence directly from various players, I don't feel that it is right to betray that trust by posting info on the forums (not to mention the fact that many of the guys on here would blast it as rumor anyway). So, I find that sometimes it is better just to keep big news to yourself and let everyone else read it in the newspaper.

Having said this, she and I spoke last season about Seau's season-ending injury and how that would affect his status with the Phins. She was 99% certain that he would not return to Miami this upcoming season. Well, as we all know, he was resigned. When I approached her (a week ago) about him returning, I was very surprised at her response and I have to say that what she told me left me quite disappointed in Junior. I won't go into what she said, but I have to say that I have lost some respect for Seau.

Anyway, I would not be at all surprised, in light of all of the offseason moves, if Ricky does return. The only people left from last season are the players and of those players, the leaders have already stated that they would welcome him back. It also appears that Saban is quite persuasive when it comes to both coaches and players. All in all, I guess I really don't care if Williams returns (especially if his teammates are willing to accept him). My only worry is that he is no longer in any shape to play. I also have to wonder if he returns, will that mean that we will not bother to draft a RB? Unlike the first time around, I would not bank everything on Ricky. Thank God Saban is in charge now.

laxcoach said:
If Ricky wants to come back and the fins want him back the answer is the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
1 - He needs to get diagnosed with manic-depression by a couple of doctors.
2 - He needs to get treatment including prescription drugs (cough-Paxil).
3 - Ricky needs to sign an affidavit saying that he started smoking pot AND quit football because he was clinically depressed.
4 - Then, the fins and his agent petition the NFL for immediate reinstatement under the ADA.

IF Ricky is diagnosed as disabled with a psychological disorder, the NFL and the Dolphins CANNOT deny him the opportunity to work based on that disability.

Did you hear the rumors about Saban telling Ricky that he should get treatment? I wonder if they have figured this out yet. I HAVE NO INFO FROM DOLPHINS INSIDERS. But, that is how I would attack this if I were involved. (I'm a corporate-type and I know the ADA kills us.)

The mary-jane issue can be written off as a manic-depressive wrong-headed thinking thing. Anyone ever work with a Paxil or Prozac head? They are nuts. They start taking the drugs. A month or two later they are the happiest people you know. Six months later they think they are "cured" and stop taking the drugs. A month or two later they are nuts again. Ricky needs his Paxil.

A couple of final points. If I were Wayne, my contract with Ricky would have something about him being required to take his meds. If Ricky does come back, he NEEDS to be a Dolphin for a year or they won't get fair value for him. If he puts up 1500+ yards next year then he is worth more than a guy who is coming off a mental breakdown.

The Phins can't deny Ricky the chance if he wants to come back because if they were to tell him no, that would release him of his obligation to repay them the 8.6 mil. This isn't about the Phins not wanting Ricky. This is about Ricky making up his mind about what HE really wants.

Lungoystr said:
The Phins can't deny Ricky the chance if he wants to come back because if they were to tell him no, that would release him of his obligation to repay them the 8.6 mil. This isn't about the Phins not wanting Ricky. This is about Ricky making up his mind about what HE really wants.

I'm saying that the NFL cannot suspend Ricky for 4 games and they cannot keep him from coming back before July. The ADA prevents them from denying him the right to work.

All that being said, there is a slippery slope here. Someone will try to say that being a drug addict is a disability eventually.

:nono:

Bad Lieutenant said:
I have it on good authority that Ricky Williams is definitely coming back. There was a conference call yesterday between Williams, his agent, and the Dolphins. The only sticking point right now is that Ricky wants a new contract before he comes back. Now I don't know if it means he will play for the Dolphins, or if it is a sign and trade, but it seems at this point he is definitely coming back, and he is in negotiations with the Fins to get it done before the draft.

Take it for what it's worth, and I know I'll get flamed for posting this, but my friend has no reason to lie.

:shakeno: :smackhead

Schleprock said:
So how about telling us more about how your "friend" knows this.

Also, what's the deal with the contract requirements? Does he want more money, or does he want it to be worded so that it takes care of the cash he owes us? If he wants the cash owe waived..PLUS a big time deal...then I will have to laugh at that. I am willing to give RW a chance unlike the other crazy folks here, but him wanting a big deal after all that is ridiculous.

BRAVO

laxcoach said:
I'm saying that the NFL cannot suspend Ricky for 4 games and they cannot keep him from coming back before July. The ADA prevents them from denying him the right to work.

All that being said, there is a slippery slope here. Someone will try to say that being a drug addict is a disability eventually.

I understand what you are saying. So, do you think that Saban may have picked up on the ADA angle and may try to use it to his advantage (as far as getting Ricky back before July)? I mean technically he could possibly fall under that ADA as he was actually diagnosed with SAD (Social Anxiety Disorder).

Lungoystr said:
I understand what you are saying. So, do you think that Saban may have picked up on the ADA angle and may try to use it to his advantage (as far as getting Ricky back before July)? I mean technically he could possibly fall under that ADA as he was actually diagnosed with SAD (Social Anxiety Disorder).

ADA? American Dental Association? :D

dolfreak said:
RICKY is ONLY coming back because he owes the team money!!!!! 8.6 million!!!!

He doesn't care about winning because he would of have never left in the first place. He can come back and back up Travis Minor and Lamar.....thats what he deserves.....QUITTER !!

HE OWES THEM MONEY....NO OTHER EXPLANATION !!!

Do you guys not forget he said he was TIRED of Football and that he only wanted to be a great COLLEGE PLAYER!!!!

DOLFANS, don't be naive.....obviously he's better than anything we got now....but are you willing to take back a quitter, just because he has to come back????

THIS IS A TEAM GAME!!! NO i in Team REMEMBER???

I'm sorry you feel this way....

I still believe Wanny ran RW out of football and now he only wants to come back to a better coaching staff. A winning one at that.

All in all I hope he does come back, Although this time around we should learn our lesson, don't build the offens around one player, but build the offense as a team.

Back
Top Bottom