Merged:Ricky Williams IS Coming Back!!!!/I would expect Ricky back | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Ricky Williams IS Coming Back!!!!/I would expect Ricky back

I don't think you or your friend really know any more than anyone else..But either way I think your right..Ricky will come back.

I thought that RW only 'owes' the team because he defaulted on his contract. If he does return, that won't be the case. They'll certainly rework it so that he's penalized for the 'lost year' and add drug testing clauses, protection in case he flakes out, etc -- and to make it more trade friendly.

Then they'll dangle him for some picks. He'll serve his suspension & take that time to get in shape, & either help us down the stretch or be traded to some desperate team who's RB went down (or the Raiders :D )

His rights still belong to the Dolphins, so he never 'went' anywhere. The only question is what deal he cuts with Saban to avoid bankruptcy.

...and IMHO, despite his flakiness (toward authority) RW is a pretty perceptive guy. He saw last year going down in flames & deceided to desert the ship. Now that the atmosphere & coaching has changed, he's open to return. And since the Dolphins tore into him for that 8mil, he needs to come back if only to satisfy his contract. Coaches just want to win, & they know he's got talent. They'd take him back in a second.

...and if he meant the difference from going 8-8 and 10-6, so would everyone on this board...

Have u guys thought about the possibility of a 3 RB set? I think its the Atlanta Falcons who use it, they use a fullback, and 2 runningbacks. Seeing we have so many runningbacks, we could do Heath Evans at fullback, then place Ricky and Gordon behind him. Do u think thats a good set?

It would be awesome with Evans at FB and Ricky and Benson behind him!

well it doesnt look like we will be drafting a runningback anymore:

Travis Minor
Lamar Gordon
Sammy Morris
Ricky Williams

Yeah, id say its pretty well said that we wont draft an RB. So our 1st pick will be either Alex Smith or Braylon Edwards. Braylon seems like the next Terrell Owens, so i wouldnt pass on him. Id wait until next year to get Matt Leinart, but if we get Alex Smith...thats fine i guess, maybe in 3 years Alex Smith will turn into "Peyton Manning". I should start a poll on that.

LMAO he's 13 he should still know the difference between accept and expect.

I also go on the bungie.net forum, and you would be surprised by what some kids type

UltraDol-Fan said:
I also go on the bungie.net forum, and you would be surprised by what some kids type
I used to go there, but then I stopped playing XBOX all together.

Fitz said:
It would be awesome with Evans at FB and Ricky and Benson behind him!

How about this, Evans at FB and Ricky and Gordon behind Smith.:)

Dolphins could protect themselves with a contract stating that the 8.6 million doesn't have to be paid back until the end of the new contract whereas Miami can reconsider and lower the amount if they wish.

In other words, Miami signs ricky to a multi year deal, he plays his *** off for the lenght of the contract and miami forgets the 8.6. Ricky doesn't play his *** off, he still owes the 8.6

That way at least Ricky has a finiancal reason to continue to play as hard as he can...

--Ross

Celtkin said:
How about this, Evans at FB and Ricky and Gordon behind Smith.:)

i like it. Seriously, if we draft Smith...he could EASILY be our starter. At least Alex Smith was never a 3rd stringer. Ive never even HEARD of the University of Utah until this year. I saw them in the rankings at number 3? and i was like, "WOW...where did they come from?". But isnt Alex Smith a Junior??

ItalianDolFan said:
i like it. Seriously, if we draft Smith...he could EASILY be our starter. At least Alex Smith was never a 3rd stringer. Ive never even HEARD of the University of Utah until this year. I saw them in the rankings at number 3? and i was like, "WOW...where did they come from?". But isnt Alex Smith a Junior??

No, he's already enrolled in a Master's program in Economics. He finished his college program early.

Until this becomes official, I can't take it too seriously....

If anything does become official, it wont be until after July 1st 2005. We've got some time to kill between now and then....

I'm all for it though!!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!

Back
Top Bottom